• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fair play Daniel Levy

With the tv revenue increase id imagine that our wage bill will have dropped quite a bit in terms of % of turnover even if it it has risen purely in terms of cost - although with the out going players this summer id be surprised if it's even risen at all tbh

Agreed.

Parker, Bentley and Gallas alone probably saved us £150k+ p/w. Dempsey and Hudd probably weren't on peanuts either.

As a guess Lamela will get around what Bale was on (if both are completed). I wouldn't be surprised Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Chadli and Chiriches (if completed) will total less than the above mentioned 5 outgoing players.

Got to give Levy his props.
£9m - Caulker
£6m - Dempsey
£5m -THudd
£4m - Parker
& potentially
£86m - Bale
Gross income £110m

vs

£26m - Soldado
£17m - Paulinho
£10m - Capoue
£7mn - Chadli
& potentially
£26m - Lamelas
£9m - Eriksen
£8m - Chirices
Gross spend £103m

Net income £7m. Who can we get for that? :-"

£9m - Caulker
£6m - Dempsey
£5m -THudd
£4m - Parker
& potentially
£86m - Bale
Gross income £110m

vs

£26m - Soldado
£17m - Paulinho
£10m - Capoue
£7mn - Chadli
& potentially
£26m - Lamelas
£9m - Eriksen
£8m - Chirices
Gross spend £103m

We'll probably sell Ekotto and maybe Lennon too. Levy truly is a genius as we may come out of this window with a much stronger squad AND make a profit :lol:

The new list of signings is impressive and of course you can add Sandro and Kaboul to that list...

Shame we are losing Gareth but we are so much stronger as a team and squad - physically as well. Especially in midfield where Hudd(who I always loved watching), Parker and Livermore were never able to take us to the next level.

For those who may have forgotten...this time around a year ago Jenas came on in a league game against WBA....

Oh, the 19 year old reserve player from a Ligue 2 French side that Wenger 'seduced' into coming to that club should also be mentioned.....

We'll probably sell Ekotto and maybe Lennon too. Levy truly is a genius as we may come out of this window with a much stronger squad AND make a profit :lol:

Get Leandro/Hernandez and Contraeo (sp?) in there too and we will be looking very tasty. And it's doable considering new TV deal.

£9m - Caulker
£6m - Dempsey
£5m -THudd
£4m - Parker
& potentially
£86m - Bale
Gross income £110m

vs

£26m - Soldado
£17m - Paulinho
£10m - Capoue
£7mn - Chadli
& potentially
£26m - Lamelas
£9m - Eriksen
£8m - Chirices
Gross spend £103m

F**K ME!!! That's unbelievably good business!!!

If you look at it from the perspective of most have been like for like positionally and improvements at that.. and then turned Bale into three+ players that should replace the creativity and goals..

9m - Caulker --------------- £8m - Chiriches
£6m - Dempsey --------------- £7m - Chadli
£5m -Thudd --------------- £9m - Eriksen
£4m - Parker --------------- £10m - Capoue
£86m - Bale ---------------£26m - Soldado + £17m - Paulinho + £26m - Lamela

Gross income £110m ----------- Gross spend £103m

£9m - Caulker
£6m - Dempsey
£5m -THudd
£4m - Parker
& potentially
£86m - Bale
Gross income £110m

vs

£26m - Soldado
£17m - Paulinho
£10m - Capoue
£7mn - Chadli
& potentially
£26m - Lamelas
£9m - Eriksen
£8m - Chirices
Gross spend £103m

Vadillo - with an extra mill thrown in for good measure :)

He's annoyed me the last 2 windows (especially the January windows) but i've always liked him and would never want anyone else running this club. I believe that he genuinely cares and he does things for the good of the club (long term). Excellent chairman.

I genuinely think we have the best chairman in the league. Fiscally very responsible but prepared to open his wallet. Employed some brilliant marketing campaigns to bring in extra revenue (double shirt sponsors + American market prevalence). And none of the pandering that you get with other chairman (i.e. Abramovich, Cardiff guy, Mike Ashley).

Long Live Levy!
=D>

Last season, everyone feared facing Gareth Bale. This season, they will fear facing Tottenham Hotspur.

When the club offloaded Dempsey and Caulker to "fund new players" they weren't kidding!

Just so pleased that we have got out business done early for once, and on the face of it - great business.

It is a gamble though, and quite un-Levylike. Put aside the three record buys and it's par for the course I suppose, 4 highly rated £10m players. But Lamela and Soldado.... we are talking massive, massive jumps in fees paid! He's also taking a gamble on AVB.... Another good year and it could be the Bale situation all over again but with the manager. A new boss comes in, and this isn't his dressing room.

But hey, no point bringing doom and gloom to the party! Very excited about this season now, and if half those players hit the ground running we WILL be stronger than last season. Levy has sold Bale but we look healthier. Amazing.

He's annoyed me the last 2 windows (especially the January windows) but i've always liked him and would never want anyone else running this club. I believe that he genuinely cares and he does things for the good of the club (long term). Excellent chairman.

=D>

And don't forget he is holding up the Bale transfer to deadline day to try and stop the Scum raiding RM for replacements. Very astute.

Last edited:
Didn't want tp start another thread.

Questions have to be asked about him now. I won't deny that he has done a good over all but he has made a decision I do not get and on top of that we're well behind with the stadium project.

I think we need now to answer a question, can Daniel Levy really deliver the league title?

ATM, the answer is no, in fact at this rate I can't even see him delivering the stadium.

Needs to fall on his sword and bring in a chairman who can carry this club to the next level.

we get rid of the chairman because he can't deliver the title?

us, a club who have won it twice in our history? up against 4 clubs with turnovers more than double ours?

the Chairmans role is long term and over his time here we have improved, set backs along the way of course but an overall picture of progress.

right now is a set back for sure but id wager we'll move on from this and once again be taking steps forward (as per the trend during Levy's reign)

Back