• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

Shock horror Everton feel Spurs took advantage of them in transfer deal, unaware of us trying to take advantage in every deal.
Hold the front page! Major company in trying to negotiate the best deal possible shocker! We should have paid them more than they’d asked for and given them a bag of sweeties in a stolen hubcap too.

What a load of bollox.
If their existence was dependant on getting a certain amount of money at a specific date, they should have sorted that in a different way, and not be at mercy to whether a transfer happened or not.

That was the story last year. Tbh i think it's bollox too as everton would have screamed blue murder.

They valued him at 80. And got 60.

For one. He was not worth 80.
Secondly. We was robbed.
Thirdly.. You accept the deal. Your choice.
Fourth. Give us our dele money

Secondly. We was robbed.
I would argue he was not worth 60m but as a big lump up front 25m in todays market, like a chris wood.

Do have some sympathy for Everton, not over that transfer as you should never be adhering to rules based on speculative transfer values.

But it seems they have been docked points because they missed FFP by 19m, despite working with the authorities for a year or so to get back on track. When you compare that with how some other clubs behave its not very fair.

I would argue he was not worth 60m but as a big lump up front 25m in todays market, like a chris wood.

Do have some sympathy for Everton, not over that transfer as you should never be adhering to rules based on speculative transfer values.

But it seems they have been docked points because they missed FFP by 19m, despite working with the authorities for a year or so to get back on track. When you compare that with how some other clubs behave its not very fair.

Oh how very Victorian, sportsmanship, fair play and respect have no place in modern sport, it's all about winning at any cost.

Was it fair for the clubs that abided by the rules and got relegated? Also the punishment has to be a deterrent to other clubs or they'll all just ignore the rules in order to gain an advantage. Ffp has to have teeth.

City and chelsea need to be dealt with proportionally.

Was it fair for the clubs that abided by the rules and got relegated? Also the punishment has to be a deterrent to other clubs or they'll all just ignore the rules in order to gain an advantage. Ffp has to have teeth.

I can agree with that, but city need to be relegated to the conference north and Chelsea the conference south.

Secondly. We was robbed.
I mean if he was worth 80 why did no one else pay it? If we'd walked away they'd be even further over the limit as I don't remember a queue of clubs wanting to sign him.

I've read elsewhere they have raised the fact they suspended someone who had been arrested, which meant they couldn't sell him or benefit from his service. Surely no other club would continue to play a player in this situation and be actively looking to sell them...:confused:

60m was probably about right for Richi in the PL market at the time, I was against the deal as I liked Bergwijn in that role, who Ajax got for a bargain price.

Levy backed the manager.

Same window, Jesus and Sterling moved for similar fees between PL clubs, Nunez came in for a whopping 85m.

I wouldn’t swap Richi for any of them.

Last edited:
60m was probably about right for Richi in the PL market at the time, I was against the deal as I liked Bergwijn in that role, who Ajax got for a bargain price.

Levy backed the manager.

we got him on less than half the wages of jesus aswell. It's not all transfer fees. Wages are possibly the bigger consideration. Especially if trying to sell.

Leicester cheated the system to get promoted so they can’t really complain

Leicester cheated the system to get promoted so they can’t really complain

It's not about last season though. They overspent up till the 21/22 season. Which saw burnley relegated. Dyche sacked.

It's also about going forward.

Do you think the punishment fair?

It's not about last season though. They overspent up till the 21/22 season. Which saw burnley relegated. Dyche sacked.

It's also about going forward.

Do you think the punishment fair?

It's impossible to come up with a punishment which will appear to be fair to all, be a lot simpler if there was a tariff for breaking rules. One thing is for sure financial penalties do not work for many of the offenders.

Back