• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

A large part of this is quite likely the PL showing its capable of keeping its own house in order, in light of the proposed independent regulatour.

Oh yes. Also i'm sure the other prem clubs don't like other teams cheating. Costing them relegation, titles or cl places. They want to deter teams doing it (yes Saudi Sportswashing Machine we are looking at you and whomever the qataris eventually buy).

So this was based just on them fiddling the books for 21/22?

The investigation into City is 115 charges over many years/seasons and I assume Chelsea may be in a similar boat, so I guess it makes sense those are taking/are going to take longer.

So this was based just on them fiddling the books for 21/22?

The investigation into City is 115 charges over many years/seasons and I assume Chelsea may be in a similar boat, so I guess it makes sense those are taking/are going to take longer.

It was over 4 years due to covid. But yes will be a lot less complicated than city or Chelsea’s cases.

Think they released a write up of the verdict.

Fascinating that they fined 9m Chelsea for spending too much which is nothing to them but take points off Everton when points are everything to them.

Almost like our government, let the rich off when they're caught out and punish those without bottomless pockets.

Is there anyone clued up on why it's a points deduction rather than a fine in this case?

I do have sympathy for Everton fans, the club tried numerous different approaches but spent very unwisely, some of their dealings were unbelievable. They may be saved by how poor the newly promoted teams have been this time around but it's a sucker punch.

To their credit they admitted the charge, perhaps mitigating a more severe deduction - which to me seems proportionate.

It is hard to imagine a successful legal argument that this little bit of overspending led to the relegation of the others.

Now to harpoon those out of control Whales, and the boats have been launched.

It's the old adage that if you owe the bank £10,000 you've got a problem, if you owe the bank £10 million they've got a problem.

Everton have been found guilty of cheating the system and they haven't really benefited from it. They may have saved themselves a temporary stay in the Championship and may get relegated this season instead, but it's their problem and football goes on.

If City or Chelsea are found guilty, then the titles they have won become illegitimate. Do they get voided with no winners (like Lance Armstrong and the Tour De France) or do they retrospectively award the titles to someone else. Do they give it to the second place team or void all the City results and recalculate the table. Either way, it's football that has a problem.

From what I heard on radio the points deduction was thought appropriate as Everton had lied to the investigation, I wouldn't be surprised to see City and Chelsea may have just mislead or forgot to mention it to the investigation and this case was handled so quickly as rules had been changed and City/Chelsea were fiddling before the change.

From what I heard on radio the points deduction was thought appropriate as Everton had lied to the investigation, I wouldn't be surprised to see City and Chelsea may have just mislead or forgot to mention it to the investigation and this case was handled so quickly as rules had been changed and City/Chelsea were fiddling before the change.
When is a lie not a lie?
When it's written on pretty pieces of paper with the queen's head on.

What I want to know is how they hit Everton while letting trophy winners Chavski and Emirates Marketing Project spend their way to success? Doesn't seem right does it?

Both of the above have stopped the random nature of competition. The only silver lining is they also stopped the goons and pool getting more success. But now we're in the mix too, lets hope they can clip city's wings sufficiently.

I am concerned that people are basing sympathy on Everton based on what has been done to other clubs. In some societies, justice is often wrongly denied because people claim it is not fair because someone was not punished similarly. One should be careful to judge the merit of this punishment by itself instead of looking at other clubs. It is well beyond time that such action was taken. I am hopeful that similar fate awaits the two other clubs then again football is no longer what it used to be. That is one reason I love Italy - rules are the rules.

I am concerned that people are basing sympathy on Everton based on what has been done to other clubs. In some societies, justice is often wrongly denied because people claim it is not fair because someone was not punished similarly. One should be careful to judge the merit of this punishment by itself instead of looking at other clubs. It is well beyond time that such action was taken. I am hopeful that similar fate awaits the two other clubs then again football is no longer what it used to be. That is one reason I love Italy - rules are the rules.

I assume you're writing about Italian football administration not the country?

What I want to know is how they hit Everton while letting trophy winners Chavski and Emirates Marketing Project spend their way to success? Doesn't seem right does it?

Both of the above have stopped the random nature of competition. The only silver lining is they also stopped the goons and pool getting more success. But now we're in the mix too, lets hope they can clip city's wings sufficiently.

Everton are the first to be punished. Chelsea and city hearings are yet to be heard.

Their points deduction is in line with what has happened to EFL clubs. So it's fair..

Not to see if they treat all clubs the same.

The problem with city is they lifted them self falsly before all the rules came in. Look at that profits now. They buy inside their budget and maintain their position. But it's based on cheating from before.

I hope to see any club, not just city and Chelsea punished to the same levels as Everton, Sheffield Wednesday, Juventus etc

Back