• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2014/15

Re: Europa League - 2015

So:

08/08/14 Play-off round draw

21/08/14 Play-off round, first leg
28/08/14 Play-off round, second leg

Premier League season will kick off on Saturday 16 August 2014.

Thats it for us.

So we know already the league matches scheduled for the 23rd and 30th August wont be being played on the Saturday

I remember reading that this would result in 5 teams from England qualifying - with 4th in the league entering CL qualifiers

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yep we will be the only team EVER to finish 4th (in a CL qualifying place) and be screwed out of playing in the following seasons CL!

Yep we will be the only team EVER to finish 4th (in a CL qualifying place) and be screwed out of playing in the following seasons CL!

In future the maximum number of CL entrants from one country will be five. So it's still possible that a team could finish 4th and be denied a place in the following season's CL because both the EL and CL winners come from England and both fail to qualify for the CL through the league. But it's very unlikely and, if it ever happens, then knowing our luck we'll be the team finishing 4th.

In future the maximum number of CL entrants from one country will be five. So it's still possible that a team could finish 4th and be denied a place in the following season's CL because both the EL and CL winners come from England and both fail to qualify for the CL through the league. But it's very unlikely and, if it ever happens, then knowing our luck we'll be the team finishing 4th.

Ah, I thought 5 places was only if a team won the Europa League.

So if we finished 4th and someone won the CL but finished outside the top 4 then all 5 teams would get CL?

Some pretty good teams were knocked out in the qualification today. Lokomotiv Moskva lost 4-1 at home to another Limassol team, Real Sociedad lost to some team I've never heard of, Astra (also never heard of) knocked out Lyon, Twente lost to Quarabag (who?). Groups will be drawn tomorrow.

BwMiyZ2CYAAl8RJ.jpg

Celtic, Guingamp or St Etienne and Lokeren hopefully. Would like to avoid long haul journeys for the group stage. What time is the draw?

GROUP A

Villarreal
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Zürich
Apollon Limassol

GROUP B

FC København
Club Brugge
Torino
HJK Helsinki

GROUP C

Tottenham
Besiktas
Partizan Belgrade
Asteras Tripolis

GROUP D

Salzburg
Celtic
Dinamo Zagreb
Astra Giorgiou

GROUP E

PSV Eindhoven
Panathinaikos
Estoril Praia
Dinamo Moscow

GROUP F

Inter
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
Saint Etienne
Qarabag FK

GROUP G

Sevilla
Standard Liege
Feyenoord
Rijeka

GROUP H

Lille
Wolfsburg
Everton
Krasnodar

GROUP I

Napoli
Sparta Praha
Young Boys
Slovan Bratislava

GROUP J

Dynamo Kiev
Steaua Bucuresti
Rio Ave
Aalborg

GROUP K

Fiorentina
PAOK Thessaloniki
Guingamp
Dinamo Minsk

GROUP L

Metalist Kharkiv
Trabzonspor
Legia Warzawa
Lokeren

I remember the days when we used to play clubs from neighbours like France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Norway, Scotland, Wales - rarely NI & RoI as they'd been knocked out.

Occasionally English opponents - until seeding came into play.

I remember the days when we used to play clubs from neighbours like France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Norway, Scotland, Wales - rarely NI & RoI as they'd been knocked out.

I can see your point, but there is no reason football should be kept to only certain countries in an elitist way. No country should have a divine right to these tournaments

Where you once had the Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia you now have Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro. That's 19 countries and I probably forgot some.

Everton fielding the same XI as they did against West Brom. Looks like it's paying off tonight, but will they continue like that?

I know we complain about our support in recent years. But if we were 3-0 up at home against a team in Europe, you certainly wouldn't be able to hear the players and benches shouting...

This game is ridiculous, I only watch the second half but Everton have been ****ing battered but are winning 3-0, Wolfsburg have had way over 20 attempts, Howard so many saves, De Bryun looks a class player

[video=youtube;hJKE0cnWXMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJKE0cnWXMc[/video]

Someone won't be getting a very positive evalution.

Back