• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2013-14: Dnipro (UKR), Benfica (POR)/PAOK (GRE)

Re: Europa League 2013-14 - Playoff Draw: Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO)

Spurs finish 4th, don't get the opportunity to compete in CL play off

Arsenal finish 4th, set to qualify for CL without needing to win play off.

We're actually cursed aren't we?

Ticket update - Dinamo Tbilisi away leg

We have now received confirmation from Dinamo Tblisi regarding the ticket arrangements for our match in Georgia next Thursday, August 22, which will kick off at 8pm local time, 5pm UK.

The supporters who have applied to date will be contacted with full information, but we can confirm that tickets will be issued at no charge and, due to time constraints, all tickets will have to be collected from Spurs officials in Tbilisi.

We have been in discussions with our travel partner Thomas Cook Sport who have investigated all possible options to run an official trip for this match.

Unfortunately due to the time of year, making aircraft extremely difficult to charter and, therefore, extremely expensive, it has not been viable to facilitate a package option at anything close to a reasonable price for supporters on this occasion.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ticket-update-dinamo-tbilisi-away-leg-150813/

We have now received confirmation from Dinamo Tblisi regarding the ticket arrangements for our match in Georgia next Thursday, August 22, which will kick off at 8pm local time, 5pm UK.

The supporters who have applied to date will be contacted with full information, but we can confirm that tickets will be issued at no charge and, due to time constraints, all tickets will have to be collected from Spurs officials in Tbilisi.

We have been in discussions with our travel partner Thomas Cook Sport who have investigated all possible options to run an official trip for this match.

Unfortunately due to the time of year, making aircraft extremely difficult to charter and, therefore, extremely expensive, it has not been viable to facilitate a package option at anything close to a reasonable price for supporters on this occasion.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ticket-update-dinamo-tbilisi-away-leg-150813/

And people wonder why the competition isn't taken seriously.

We're Spurs, not Liverpool, most of our fans will still be at work at 5pm. "I need to go home and watch the football" isn't really much of an excuse for leaving early.

do i read that correctly?....is this game 'on the house'??

And people wonder why the competition isn't taken seriously.

We're Spurs, not Liverpool, most of our fans will still be at work at 5pm. "I need to go home and watch the football" isn't really much of an excuse for leaving early.

Champions League matches played in Russia also kick off at 5pm in the UK, 6pm CET. This is due to the nature of time zones, not because of some lower class status of the Europa League.

If Spurs were playing Spartak Moscow in the CL, it would be the same kickoff times.

Champions League matches played in Russia also kick off at 5pm in the UK, 6pm CET. This is due to the nature of time zones, not because of some lower class status of the Europa League.

If Spurs were playing Spartak Moscow in the CL, it would be the same kickoff times.

I don't have a problem with that - Spartak Moscow are a pretty big club with a big following, makes sense to adjust for the local team. That's not the case with this match.

Looking this lot up on Wikipedia (I had to in order to even know where they're from) they look like qualifying fodder. Why shift the match to a time that most of England (UEFA's most profitable advertising market) can't watch it?

I don't have a problem with that - Spartak Moscow are a pretty big club with a big following, makes sense to adjust for the local team. That's not the case with this match.

Looking this lot up on Wikipedia (I had to in order to even know where they're from) they look like qualifying fodder. Why shift the match to a time that most of England (UEFA's most profitable advertising market) can't watch it?

I'm confused - so now UEFA should randomly decide which clubs are "big enough" to get matches in their local time zone when they qualify for European competition? That's ridiculous.

I'm confused - so now UEFA should randomly decide which clubs are "big enough" to get matches in their local time zone when they qualify for European competition? That's ridiculous.

Not randomly at all no. I'm not suggesting they roll a die and choose who gets the better kick off time, I'm suggesting that when Spurs play qualifodder (I think I've invented a new word) it should be at a time Spurs fans can watch it.

If UEFA want their sponsors' logos shown to a lot of people with expendable income I suspect this isn't the way to go.

Not randomly at all no. I'm not suggesting they roll a die and choose who gets the better kick off time, I'm suggesting that when Spurs play qualifodder (I think I've invented a new word) it should be at a time Spurs fans can watch it.

If UEFA want their sponsors' logos shown to a lot of people with expendable income I suspect this isn't the way to go.

We already complain that UEFA are nothing but fluffy bunnies cuddlings for the big money clubs, and you want them to be even more so?

Tblisi won their league, they qualified for European competition and now you want to basically tell them to fudge off just so the big money club in England that finished 5th can have the match played a slightly more preferable time zone for them?

That's utterly ridiculous.

Why not just make them play both legs in London? I mean, what's the purpose of even going to Tiblisi then? I'm sure more sponsors will see the matches if they play twice in WHL!

We already complain that UEFA are nothing but fluffy bunnies cuddlings for the big money clubs, and you want them to be even more so?

Tblisi won their league, they qualified for European competition and now you want to basically tell them to fudge off just so the big money club in England that finished 5th can have the match played a slightly more preferable time zone for them?

That's utterly ridiculous.

Why not just make them play both legs in London? I mean, what's the purpose of even going to Tiblisi then? I'm sure more sponsors will see the matches if they play twice in WHL!

Actually no. What I want is for Spurs not to have to enter qualifying rounds at all if this is the level of the competition.

UEFA have engineered the CL so that most of the teams in it are pretty good (with the odd exception), and most of the matches are between highly regarded teams.Why not engineer this competition so that we skip this bit and go to the matches against Lazio and Valencia?

5pm kick off would give us 3 extra hours recovery for Sunday

Was thinking that as well. Much better - game finishes at 7pm UK time, club has a private jet ready to leave at 9pm, land back in blighty say 1am, players can get a reasonable night sleep and be better prepared for Sunday

That's a good upside I hadn't thought of. Although playing on a Wednesday at 8pm would give us an extra 23 hours rest ;)

getting a ticket was the easiest I hvae experienced for a long time...for a change

getting a ticket was the easiest I hvae experienced for a long time...for a change

Are you going to the away leg Wolf?

How many will travel ...100?

Hold up .....not just bagging the loyalty points are we ? ;)

Can't find the away match on the TV schedules. ITV4 are showing the Swansea match.

Back