• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2013-14: Dnipro (UKR), Benfica (POR)/PAOK (GRE)

Re: Europa League 2013-14 - Playoff Draw: Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO)

As for the rest of your post. I think all old romantics such as yourself and myself would agree with everything you have put regarding European competition.

[video=youtube;YLr2mTfem3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLr2mTfem3o[/video]

Love that video.

- VDV
- Crouchs epic CL goalscoring run that concluded in a sending off.
- Cudicinis reaction in the Inter game
- Bales hattrick
- CL Quarters

amazing time, lets get back there.

I'm a lilywhite member and strongly considering attending this game as it works in with shift pattern etc...anyone reckon tickets will get as far as lilywhite members? Only consider it if I can get a Thomas cook package mind with no direct flights from london to Tbilisi.

Watching that video i miss the team we had, the football we played and most of all Champions League Football. :(

That video is awesome. Man what a joy it was to watch van der Vaart that season. A special season to me as I spent the last 3 months in London just to watch Spurs, lucky enough to go to both Madrid legs.

I also absolutely love the "CROUCH!" bit at AC Milan away.

I love Spurs :)

Dinamo Tbilisi could be a tricky match for us. On paper, they don't seem to have any star players. Just hope we don't get complacent against them.

Dinamo Tbilisi could be a tricky match for us. On paper, they don't seem to have any star players. Just hope we don't get complacent against them.

I believe Staeu won other there in the CL qualifier, dont see why we shouldnt be able too either,but as you say, as long as we do go with the wrong attitude

Watching that video i miss the team we had, the football we played and most of all Champions League Football. :(

I understand where you're coming from, but it isn't exactly like we're scraping around for bargains in the Championship now, is it? Crouch, Pienaar, Modric and Van Der Vaart, to take just four, replaced by Soldado, Chadli, Dembele and Bale...I wouldn't say that was a particularly long step down quality-wise. And I don't even want to start on the quality difference between the managers. :)

That year gave me some of my very best memories as a Spurs supporter. But it turned out to be just an isolated event, a one-off. Zadok the Priest entered through the front door and sauntered through the back just as quickly.

It's time to make new memories. With the investment we're making in the squad this year ,all we have to do is keep Gareth Bale. If we manage to do that, I have no hesitation in proclaiming that this will be our best PL season ever. A seriously talented squad, managerial stability, our rivals mostly trying to adapt to new playing styles and systems, and (should we keep him) Gareth fudging Bale. Everything's lined up for us. Hopefully, all we have to do from here on in is get the ball rolling.

Why do Wigan go straight to the group stage. Ridiculous
Sounds about right to me. Wigan won something, the won the English Cup, how can they be behind the 5th place team in the league? I think that even the League Cup winners should have an advantage over the 5th place team in the league. We are starting to prize mediocrity? 5th place although a good achievement it is still 5th place when the others have started a competition and won it, they are champions.

Wonder when ticket details will be released? Cat C prices, or £25 a ticket?

well, don't expect a big attendance for the home game at all - 9pm kick off!
leaving the lane at 11pm, always fun.

although if it went to extra time..................night bus time \o/

well, don't expect a big attendance for the home game at all - 9pm kick off!leaving the lane at 11pm, always fun.

although if it went to extra time..................night bus time \o/

Really? Not 8.05pm? If it is 9pm, as you suggest,that would have an effect on the crowd. I'm glad we booked the Premier Inn for the night if thats the case

I thought the same, but that's what it says on the OS. It must tie in with TV times in their country.

That would be 1am in Georgia. UEFA haven't published any kick-off times yet as far as I can see.

For the away game a 9pm local time kick off would make sense. That's 5pm in the UK.

Can't see it being 9pm kick off. Europa league have set kick off times usually 6 & 8. Also think they are 3hours Ahead so that would be midnight. Also the uefa website says no time agreed yet.

Also notice on the Thomas cook website that they are not offering any packages for the away leg and there are no direct flights from london from what I've seen.

So PAOK drop into the Europa League. However, UEFA have opened disciplinary proceedings against Metalist Kharkiv. It's possible that UEFA could ban Metalist Kharkiv and reinstate PAOK in the Champions League in their place. In that case presumably the unseeded team that is drawn against PAOK in the EL play-off would be given a bye into the group stage.

UEFA has today begun disciplinary proceedings relating to Ukrainian UEFA Champions League contenders FC Metalist Kharkiv.

Proceedings have been opened against Metalist under Articles 2.04g, 2.05 and 2.10 of the Regulations of the UEFA Champions League, 2013/14 competition, regarding the admission criteria for participation in UEFA competitions.

Due to the urgency of the case and in accordance with Article 23.3 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations, the case has been referred directly to the UEFA Appeals Body.

The case will be heard on Tuesday 13 August at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/disciplinary/news/newsid=1979330.html

Metalist, due to play Schalke in CL play-off, have been disqualified from this season's UEFA competitions.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/disciplinary/news/newsid=1981054.html

Back