• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

GK: Friedel
RB: Walker
CB: Dawson
CB: Caulker
LB: Ekotto

CM: Huddlestone
CM: Sigurdsson
CM: Parker

RW: Lennon
ST: Defoe
LW: Pienar?

There was a talksport interview with someone who seemed to know what he's talking about who said that Levy set the Europa League as a target for AVB to win.

Depends on squad strength and injuries. If we can compete while resting our stars then absolutly.

Don't want Bale playing 60 matches

There was a talksport interview with someone who seemed to know what he's talking about who said that Levy set the Europa League as a target for AVB to win.

Thats it, if Levy sets it as one of his targets then yes it will be taken seriously. It all depends on his remit.

Redknapps biggest downfall, in my eyes, was his failure to take cups, the Europa league especially, seriously. Hoping for a good run this year.

would have loved to of taken Europa League seriously last year, especially considering United and City ended up getting dropped into it too. There were also brilliant teams like Athletic Bilbao and Madrid

Redknapps biggest downfall, in my eyes, was his failure to take cups, the Europa league especially, seriously. Hoping for a good run this year.

A bit harsh.

EL - he rotated and tried to give the kids exposure.

Carling Cup - would have been bottom of the list.

FA Cup - I think he did take that seriously. I mean we got to the Semi Finals

FA Cup = Semi finals twice
Carling Cup = Final
Europa League = Not good enough

The disappointing thing is, we didn't look convincing at all in any of those matches. Making the CC Final was largely due to the goals of Pavly. Will never forgive the way we got humiliated by Burnley in the 2nd leg semi final. I have a feeling if Pavly had not come and rescued us that day, Levy could have removed Redknapp earlier. It was one of the most humiliating performance by Spurs in a Cup match.

It's embarrassing how we treated the Europa and cup comps in general. For all Henry's "success", we have nothing to show for it.

The FA and League cups still seem to be dominated by the bigger clubs who still manage to do alright in the league with a Champs League campaign to worry about as well. Not taking the Europa seriously is just a cop out IMO, an excuse to lose.

A bit harsh.

EL - he rotated and tried to give the kids exposure.

Carling Cup - would have been bottom of the list.

FA Cup - I think he did take that seriously. I mean we got to the Semi Finals

We were dreadful in the FA Cup last season. Very lucky to get as far as we did, despite benefitting from a very favourable draw.

Cheltenham: 3-0 win - nothing less than expected.
Watford: incredibly fortuitous and undeserved win. Totally dominated by a poor Championship team. One of the worst performances of Harry's time at the club.
Stevenage: needed two bites at the cherry against a League One team. Poor in both games.
Bolton: decent performance but in especially difficult circumstances for the opposition.
Chelsea: shambolic second half, even if we were shafted by the ref.

The disappointing thing is, we didn't look convincing at all in any of those matches. Making the CC Final was largely due to the goals of Pavly. Will never forgive the way we got humiliated by Burnley in the 2nd leg semi final. I have a feeling if Pavly had not come and rescued us that day, Levy could have removed Redknapp earlier. It was one of the most humiliating performance by Spurs in a Cup match.

Yeah, we didn't look too good in the Carling Cup apart from the final funnily enough, yet everything we did we couldn't score that day, even on penalties sadly. We definitely should have won though.

You're right about not looking convincing in the FA Cup, even though we were ruled out a perfectly good goal which probably should have and would have sent us through to the final of the cup where we'd of met Chelsea.

It's embarrassing how we treated the Europa and cup comps in general. For all Henry's "success", we have nothing to show for it.

The FA and League cups still seem to be dominated by the bigger clubs who still manage to do alright in the league with a Champs League campaign to worry about as well. Not taking the Europa seriously is just a cop out IMO, an excuse to lose.

Hopefully we will make a better effort to win a trophy under AVB;

Back