• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Though my preference is to work on the old Geordie / Spurs song for Ginola, to the tune of Lola...

La la la La-mela

Given Lame-LA rhymes well with lines ending in either Ro-MA or Argenti-NA, there must be something here!!

This is a ridiculously massive coup by us. As I alluded to earlier, he has the potential to become a better player than Gareth Bale and has more versatility to his game. Kudos to big Frank and lil Daniel for pulling this together.

Re: Erik Lamela

The A. S. Rome S.p.A. announces that it has signed a contract with Tottenham Hotspur for the FAC outright sale of the rights to the player Erik Lamela in the face of recognition of an amount of 30 million euro. The agreement also provides for the recognition of a variable amount, up to a maximum of 5 million euro for bonuses tied to the achievement of part of the Players and the English Club of certain athletic goals.

Why can't every club be like this? How much exactly and the details. Why all the secret squirrel?

No sell on clause!!!

I hope people don't expect too much too soon though. I mean he's just 3 months older than little Tom Carroll. He a year younger than Townsend and 2 younger than Danny Rose!

I hope people don't expect too much too soon though. I mean he's just 3 months older than little Tom Carroll. He a year younger than Townsend and 2 younger than Danny Rose!

Good post. I don't think we can expect a week in week out stellar performance from him. He needs to develop.

Well done for pointing that out!

But it will not stop people expecting too much too soon.

He scored 15 goals in Serie A last season, so I am expecting him to be a lot further along than the likes of Carroll, Townsend and Rose. I'd expect him to be amongst the top players in the division, once he's adjusted to the style of play.

i don't think we should classify him in the same mould as Carroll, Townsend or Rose.
what we have is a budding superstar, bale-quality potential.
expectations will be high, but he's been doing the business already, more than bale was at the same age.

At 25M-30M, we ****ing better expect things from him (vs. Carroll, Townsend, Rose)

His luck is, we won't have to play him for 90 mins every game, and can afford to give a settle in period, but make no mistake, he needs to be commanding a first team place and impressing by xmas.

i don't think we should classify him in the same mould as Carroll, Townsend or Rose.
what we have is a budding superstar, bale-quality potential.
expectations will be high, but he's been doing the business already, more than bale was at the same age.

I mean sure, goals wise he is doing more than Bale at the same age. But Bale was real exciting at 21. Hattrick at the San Siro, promising Champions League performances, tearing Maicon apart etc.

BSztJmjCUAAs_h7.jpg

I mean sure, goals wise he is doing more than Bale at the same age. But Bale was real exciting at 21. Hattrick at the San Siro, promising Champions League performances, tearing Maicon apart etc.

Although I haven't seen much of him Lamela has been real exciting for quite some time now.

Reportedly the total cost for Roma to bring him to Serie A was around €20m two years ago. And they were only really able to do that because River got relegated that season from what I remember reading at the time.

Crazy that we're signing him for £30m and selling Bale for about £90m. Haven't seen too much of this guy however he seems a pretty close replacement rather than being someone £60m worse

Back