• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

We're going by a few twitter posts from his brother that says "maybe" when asked about Tottenham? (has that even been confirmed to be his brother)?

I haven't see/heard anything from Lamela or his camp, anything from us, just some rumour that Baldini was in Spain to talk to Lamela's representatives (one would assume he would do that in italy). Nah don't see it.

I've no idea one way or the other, but there is a bit more to it than you're suggesting there. There was a visit last week to London by representatives of Roma. They do seem to be hawking their players around at the moment; as well they might given how close they are to serious financial meltdown... they might not be just about to "do a Leeds" but they're in trouble nonetheless. I don't watch Italian football, so I've no idea how good Lamela really is. But even when we all thought Willian was signing for us, there seemed to be a genuinely bigger buzz around Lamela. So for that reason alone I hope this comes off.

So yeah, I agree that there's no hard evidence one way or the other, but I do think it's a bit more likely than you suggest (just because of Roma's need to get their house in order, financially).

We're going by a few twitter posts from his brother that says "maybe" when asked about Tottenham? (has that even been confirmed to be his brother)?

I haven't see/heard anything from Lamela or his camp, anything from us, just some rumour that Baldini was in Spain to talk to Lamela's representatives (one would assume he would do that in italy). Nah don't see it.

Nah, Baldini always goes to Spain for his photo ops and pretend bids. Remember?

and Comolli has never brought players in without the managers knowledge. Remember?

I don't remember you actually giving me quotes from Martin Jol (or other coaches) explicitly saying "I did not give my consent for him to be signed" I find it laughable that Jol had NO say in who came in. But that's a debate for a different thread. Did Baldini's photo op work so well that even Soldado fell for it and signed anyway?

Talking to an Argie on another board and he says Lamela's best position is as a typical #10, that's good to hear, should give us more options if it happens.

I don't remember you actually giving me quotes from Martin Jol (or other coaches) explicitly saying "I did not give my consent for him to be signed" I find it laughable that Jol had NO say in who came in. But that's a debate for a different thread. Did Baldini's photo op work so well that even Soldado fell for it and signed anyway?

You're quite pathetic it must be said. I named names and countless posters backed it up to which you seemingly accepted it and said nothing. It can all be read up by googling it with your Jol quotes (but i'm sure you've already done that tbh). Why is that for another thread but talking about Soldado in a Lamela thread is fine btw?

anyway (unlike you) i accept i was wrong regarding Soldado but wtf has that got to do with me thinking we won't sign Lamela? how are these related? seems you're trying to point score and it's quite frankly boring.

by the way I am pretty sure it's Lamelas brother. I mean, it may not be but his facebook has photos of him and Lamela as well as him claiming to be his brother on Twitter and he has many followerers. Could be fake, but I doubt it.

Is this guy any good guys? Can anyone tell me what he does, what he will bring to the team without looking at that YouTube ****?

Is this guy any good guys? Can anyone tell me what he does, what he will bring to the team without looking at that YouTube ****?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-erik-lamela-2207790

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ing-should-they-sign-erik-lamela-8778186.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Lamela

I have never seen him play and don't even know what he looks like but I want us to spend $30 million on him!!

He will pick the ball up and run at defenders. His close control and dribbling ability is special but he's quite a big guy so he can also power past people. He is like a young Ronaldo or even Bale in this respect. He's a good finisher with an eye for goal an pretty creative. He doesn't have many weaknesses really - hope we get him!

his style reminds me of Robben
his finishing reminds me of RVP

he'd score 15+ goals for us in his first season.

After yesterday I'm refusing to get the least bit excited until I see the word 'official' on our website.

I had a few spare hours in London today as I had took my son to wembley for the rugby,so I took a drive to see the spurs training centre,as I was stood outside Franco Baldini came out and 2 lads who were stood outside also asked if they could have a photo,he nodded and wound his window down,so I walked over also to shake his hand while i was there one of the lads asked if bale was going he said he didn't know but had a very wry smile on his face, I the asked if Lamela was joining us he said all being well yes with a big smile, also got to say he seems a top bloke

This has gone awfully quiet for something being "almost done" almost a week ago.

Back