• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Only among some fans, i do not think the players will worry about it. We could have beaten Chelski and threw it away against Burrnley, nothing to do with the stadium, pitch, grass, size etc, more the players not finishing off the games.
The more games we drop points in saying we should have won or other excuses just adds to the argument there is some sort of curse - we didn't lose a game all season at home last year and it took us one game at Wembley (must stress I don't believe in it myself). As much as would like to think this talk won't affect the players, you would be naive to think when they're reading about it and being interviewed about it week in week out it's not going to play on their mind and have an affect on them....

The more games we drop points in saying we should have won or other excuses just adds to the argument there is some sort of curse - we didn't lose a game all season at home last year and it took us one game at Wembley (must stress I don't believe in it myself). As much as would like to think this talk won't affect the players, you would be naive to think when they're reading about it and being interviewed about it week in week out it's not going to play on their mind and have an affect on them....

Maybe, but i think it mostly driven by the press and pundits and some fans are getting sucked into believing it.

Watching him for England and Spurs I get the impression he is simply coasting through games. He jogs around a limited area of midfield, plays plenty of sideways passes.

Should we and the national team expect more?

Watching him for England and Spurs I get the impression he is simply coasting through games. He jogs around a limited area of midfield, plays plenty of sideways passes.

Yes!
He looks like someone stuck in a revolving door.
Poch has little choice but play him ATM. His role in the midfield to be fair is not as dynamic and eye catching as Erikson's Kane's and Delle's.
So I alway cut him some slack in these matters.

Last edited:

He probably has to play more cautious for England, knowing his CM partner and the CBs and GK behind him are absolute brick

For England in the middle of the park everyone runs away from the person with the ball towards the goal, I suppose they think this is attacking, when in fact it means they are hiding and there is no option for the ball carrier. When its Henderson he then pumps the ball 40 yards to the wing.

I would guess this is due to bad coaching rather than bad players.

Henderson is such a terrible player. I really think Winks could make that spot his own very quickly (if Southgate has any sense)

Like most of the current England midfielders they are not good enough adapting to different systems!
They just continue to play safe and pass backwards or sideways!
Thus the need for an “Eriksen” type.
Barkley?
But not Winks just yet, need more experience in the EPL

There is a total lack of movement in England's forward play with no inter changing of positions, nobody makes runs to create space and Sterling and Rashford have tunnel vision, although saying Sterling has any vision is an oxymoron. I think Henderson is a good player but the lack of movement and a creative partner makes him look bad. Kane doesn't look the same player in the England team for the same reason.

The front 5 all play for themselves, they do the selfish thing and if it didn't come off they laid it backwards or sideways. They were running into other players lanes as they wanted the glory, then it was a second thought to pass.

Kane was a bit selfish yesterday but I forgive him a little as he was captain and the rest of the shower were giving him nothing.

There is a total lack of movement in England's forward play with no inter changing of positions, nobody makes runs to create space and Sterling and Rashford have tunnel vision, although saying Sterling has any vision is an oxymoron. I think Henderson is a good player but the lack of movement and a creative partner makes him look bad. Kane doesn't look the same player in the England team for the same reason.

You think Rashford has tunnel vision? I haven't had that impression thus far and interested to know what you are basing this on (i didn't watch two of the last three England games that closely tbh). If anything i thought he made intelligent runs but as i say i wasn't watching that closely recently.
Just to get a feel for what you mean; some on here say Kane has tunnel vision when he always shoots even though teammates are in better positions to score: is Rashford worse in this regard?

The front 5 all play for themselves, they do the selfish thing and if it didn't come off they laid it backwards or sideways. They were running into other players lanes as they wanted the glory, then it was a second thought to pass.

Kane was a bit selfish yesterday but I forgive him a little as he was captain and the rest of the shower were giving him nothing.

I watched the game yesterday

- Thought Dier had a decent game, cleaned up after a few errors by others.
- Kane did well defensively (especially when England were defending corners), and obviously scored when it mattered.

The lineup said a lot about England's lack of depth and Southgate's lack of tactics

- Kane & Rashford look like they should be there
- Sterling & AOC are pace without intelligence and continually make poor decisions (I thought Sterling was terrible), I'd assume one of them gets dropped when Dele returns

My view is Southgate thought he would overwhelm them with pace to get behind defense, but the midfield moved the ball so slowly it didn't work until the Kane goal (90+ into match). Southgate made two huge mistakes for me

- With the form Kane is in, the tactics should have been as simple as -> make runs to gain space, get ball to Kane. Quite often it didn't appear they were looking for Kane (Rashford for all his good work was notably complicit in this)
- Sterling/AOC were not working, the tempo in midfield was too slow, Kane wasn't being fed enough, Winks should have been on in 2nd half.

Kane will win England matches they don't deserve, Dier helps the solidity of the team, but Southgate is not the guy to do anything different in an actual tournament.

Thank fudge he was.

You think Rashford has tunnel vision? I haven't had that impression thus far and interested to know what you are basing this on (i didn't watch two of the last three England games that closely tbh). If anything i thought he made intelligent runs but as i say i wasn't watching that closely recently.
Just to get a feel for what you mean; some on here say Kane has tunnel vision when he always shoots even though teammates are in better positions to score: is Rashford worse in this regard?
I think he rarely looks to pass the ball unless it's going to be a one two and gets too close to his own fullback when attacking, he's also not that keen on tracking back. He has tremendous skills and pace but his game awareness is poor considering the level of club hes at. It maybe that Southgate wants his wide players to do what they are doing. I've no problem with forwards having a shot, there is too much after you Claude and ducking responsibility when we get near goal. Walkers pass for the goal was perfect as it was played into the danger area rather than tring to find a player who's standing still.

He is playing on his own at the base of the diamond for us, so restricted to some extent.

For England he probably isn't that bothered.:)

I think he rarely looks to pass the ball unless it's going to be a one two and gets too close to his own fullback when attacking, he's also not that keen on tracking back. He has tremendous skills and pace but his game awareness is poor considering the level of club hes at. It maybe that Southgate wants his wide players to do what they are doing. I've no problem with forwards having a shot, there is too much after you Claude and ducking responsibility when we get near goal. Walkers pass for the goal was perfect as it was played into the danger area rather than tring to find a player who's standing still.

Interesting. I've been taking more of an effort to check for this and so far, i'm seeing what you mean...

When will fans realise Kane's selfishness is something we need to celebrate, not censure. It's fudging brilliant.

Back