• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

For what it's worth, all my Saints fan mates think Van Dijk is genuinely better than Aldeweireld. Or at least better than Tobi was for them (and they thought he was brilliant for them too).

For what it's worth, all my Saints fan mates think Van Dijk is genuinely better than Aldeweireld. Or at least better than Tobi was for them (and they thought he was brilliant for them too).

No bitterness there

Van Dijk is playing with inferior players to what Toby did there

I have to say though I didn't notice Toby there until he played midfield against us

I heard from an impeccable source that Dier has already signed for United and that the 'Eric Dier' who is on tour with the team and who played last night is a double (much like The Beatles did after Paul McCartney died during the making of Abbey Road and Interscope did after Eminem died humping the rotting corpse of a moss not he side of the road). Don't let ANYONE tell you any different.

yeah, and Lundekvam was better than Richards too...

That would be good for every one else. Fellaini has saved them quite regularly. You can say what you want about Fellaini, but he's a very useful option.

What I will say about Fellaini given that you've kindly allowed me to do so, is that he is total brick unless used as a battering ram and even then its sure as hell not pretty. Don't think I've ever seen a player look so out of place in a team's shirt (Faubert now I think about it maybe).

Total clam as well. Seeing as it's all recorded, don't quite see why they can't watch specific players throughout entire games and punish appropriately, whether ref sees it or not. Him and Costa could compete for most retrospective red cards in one game or the renowned Player's Ubercvnt of the year award.

What I will say about Fellaini given that you've kindly allowed me to do so, is that he is total brick unless used as a battering ram and even then its sure as hell not pretty. Don't think I've ever seen a player look so out of place in a team's shirt (Faubert now I think about it maybe).

Total clam as well. Seeing as it's all recorded, don't quite see why they can't watch specific players throughout entire games and punish appropriately, whether ref sees it or not. Him and Costa could compete for most retrospective red cards in one game or the renowned Player's Ubercvnt of the year award.
Didn't say it was pretty. But that doesn't matter! He can be EFFECTIVE, and have bailed them out with a winning header on many occasion. Matic won't do that. Fellaini has some extreme qualities, and that is what every team needs. You need players with different attributes that gives you an edge. Putting different extreme qualities together in a unit, and you have a powerful team. Utilized correctly, Fellaini is useful. And a clam.

Didn't say it was pretty. But that doesn't matter! He can be EFFECTIVE, and have bailed them out with a winning header on many occasion. Matic won't do that. Fellaini has some extreme qualities, and that is what every team needs. You need players with different attributes that gives you an edge. Putting different extreme qualities together in a unit, and you have a powerful team. Utilized correctly, Fellaini is useful. And a clam.

Has he though? He's scored 2 PL goals and had 0 PL assists in the last 2 seasons. Across 30 starts and 16 sub appearances.

Apart from heading ability Matic is superior in pretty much every other aspect, the post above me shows that he hasn't bailed them on many occasions at all. He's been a key part of the era of dross (by their standards) that was inevitable with the squad left behind and the appointment made. Fellaini has not been a scapeg0at at United, aside from continuing Paul Scholes' good work at the "Institute of not Being Able to Tackle" he's just fudging useless.

Luckily I'd rather have Dier than either of them, I hope he'll be here for the new stadium but the guy is going to want trophies sooner or later.

Back