• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Re: Welcome Eric Dier!

I just hope that if he has a poor game against Liverpool that people don't suddenly turn on him.

This wave of praise can often set up a fall. After all, only one direction that this talk can go in now.

And I'm sure someone once said never to get carried away as a pat on the back was only a few inches up from a kick up the ass.

We will need to be patient if his form dips in future, it's bound to as he's a young player playing in a new league.

yes though i think this one is closer to the real deal than rose, who had quite possibly an even better debut

I just hope that if he has a poor game against Liverpool that people don't suddenly turn on him.

This wave of praise can often set up a fall. After all, only one direction that this talk can go in now.

And I'm sure someone once said never to get carried away as a pat on the back was only a few inches up from a kick up the ass.

We will need to be patient if his form dips in future, it's bound to as he's a young player playing in a new league.

Agreed. He was impressive against West Ham, but he will be tested in completely different ways if he plays against some of the top teams in the league.

If he's not at times exposed and found lacking at 20 against some of those teams it would actually be both surprising and impressive to equally massive degrees.

@WhoScored :Eric Dier: Has now scored 2 goals from 2 shots in the Premier League #thfc

@OptaJoe: 2 - In only two appearances, Eric Dier has scored more PL goals than any Tottenham defender did in the whole of 2013-14. Impact.

@102greatgoals: Tottenham's Eric Dier becomes the first defender to score in his first two Premier League games (via @2010MisterChip)

Who the f*** found this kid?

The last time I saw a young lad come into the side and place with his solidity, maturity and composure beyond his years was in November 2000; if he achieves half of what the King did in our colours, he will be a legend!

And if Fazio comes in and slots comfortably at the back with Verts, Walker has a fight on his hands just to get back in the team...

..and he's playing with confident aplomb. You will get the odd miss placed pass or not picking up a runner etc from younger players. They are still learning. But this teenager (!) has been immense! So happy for him. He has his feet on the ground, and still has work to do.

He is so assured on the ball. Watching him closely today, he knew when to pass it forward and when to be more composed with it. he never seems to get flustered when he is surrounded by the opposition and he gets forward well. I hope he keeps this up as he is looking like the bargain of the season so far.

He is so assured on the ball. Watching him closely today, he knew when to pass it forward and when to be more composed with it. he never seems to get flustered when he is surrounded by the opposition and he gets forward well. I hope he keeps this up as he is looking like the bargain of the season so far.

It would be interesting to see a list of all the defenders bought in this transfer window and their price. Still early obviously, but we may have unearthed a real gem.

The last time I saw a young lad come into the side and place with his solidity, maturity and composure beyond his years was in November 2000; if he achieves half of what the King did in our colours, he will be a legend!

And if Fazio comes in and slots comfortably at the back with Verts, Walker has a fight on his hands just to get back in the team...

I wonder whether Walker needs rebuiding in a less pacey side, loan to Forest or suchlike, before having to go bananas for us.

I wonder whether Walker needs rebuiding in a less pacey side, loan to Forest or suchlike, before having to go bananas for us.

Calm please, calm. It's a few games against relatively dire (heh) sides. He's very, very promising, but it is important that we don't expect these sorts of performances from him every week, and that we don't lose sight of his undoubted potential when he hits a bad spell (as he inevitably will).

He was magnificent today. And I'm very excited about this lad. But he will come up against better players at some point this season, and I'd wager that he will get skinned a few times and learn via the school of hard knocks a bit. I just feel it's important that when that happens, everyone keeps a level head and continues with the support he's been receiving so far.

Some of his tackling today was reminiscent of Bobby Moore. He is a very intelligent and cultured footballer.

Walker was decent last season. Dier will fight it out with Kaboul for a spot alongside Vertonghen. And perhaps a new centre-back will be bought to cover/compete with Vertonghen. Unless Poch rates Chiriches and Fryers.

Calm please, calm. It's a few games against relatively dire (heh) sides. He's very, very promising, but it is important that we don't expect these sorts of performances from him every week, and that we don't lose sight of his undoubted potential when he hits a bad spell (as he inevitably will).

He was magnificent today. And I'm very excited about this lad. But he will come up against better players at some point this season, and I'd wager that he will get skinned a few times and learn via the school of hard knocks a bit. I just feel it's important that when that happens, everyone keeps a level head and continues with the support he's been receiving so far.

Agreed.

Seems super talented and I'm delighted that we signed him and that he's doing so well for us. Long time to go and much tougher attackers to come up against.

You are talking sense mate

Haha mate, I swear Spurs fans never ever cease to amaze me with some of the stuff they come out with

I honestly thought either I completely misread that or it was intended as a joke. Walker would have started for England at the World Cup if not for his injuries, he's not going on a Championship loan.

He's good with the ball, that's nice to see for the side. Depends where he sees his future position wise.

However he's not really been tested defensively yet. Have to wait and see how he handles himself against one of the big teams.

Back