• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Sherwood: "I like the look of Dier, who was a player that we had picked out for some time as a potential signing during my time at the club"

Sherwood (Dier): "He came in to the training ground when Harry Redknapp was manager and trained with us for a few days."

interesting

In typical Sherwood / Redknapp style! Never let some credit go by without trying to claim it.

What he conveniently bypasses is that they had a look at Dier but didn't follow up on it.

Equally random fact: As a 17-year old he spent a few months on loan at Everton without playing for.

In typical Sherwood / Redknapp style! Never let some credit go by without trying to claim it.

What he conveniently bypasses is that they had a look at Dier but didn't follow up on it.

he did mention that chris ramsey helped

I like the look of Eric Dier, who was a player that we had picked out for some time as a potential future signing during my time at the club. He is a versatile footballer who is comfortable on the ball. He came in to the training ground when Harry Redknapp was manager and trained with us for a few days. In the end he went to Everton on loan but we liked what we saw and kept tabs on him.

When Chris Ramsey came back from his stint with the England Under-20s last year he said that Eric was one we should look at bringing in. I am glad that the club pushed ahead and signed him. Given time and the right conditions I hope that he could be an England international one day. Hopefully, he will be part of a wider group of England internationals who got their Premier League chance at Spurs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...y-tottenham-successor-pochettino-9700648.html

I like the look of Eric Dier, who was a player that we had picked out for some time as a potential future signing during my time at the club. He is a versatile footballer who is comfortable on the ball. He came in to the training ground when Harry Redknapp was manager and trained with us for a few days. In the end he went to Everton on loan but we liked what we saw and kept tabs on him.

When Chris Ramsey came back from his stint with the England Under-20s last year he said that Eric was one we should look at bringing in. I am glad that the club pushed ahead and signed him. Given time and the right conditions I hope that he could be an England international one day. Hopefully, he will be part of a wider group of England internationals who got their Premier League chance at Spurs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...y-tottenham-successor-pochettino-9700648.html

Any well run club with a solid scouting network should have a very long list of "potential future signings".

When given the chance, and when according to himself he was given money to spend, last January Sherwood decided not to move for him.

Interesting that Ramsey thought he was one of the standout players in that England group though. (Waits patiently for Chich to show up talking about Joe Gomez ;)) Seems like the kind of situation where a coach gets a chance to know more about a player, particularly about his attitude, than we can easily find out just by scouting.

Eric will come good. Loved the tackle of Mario, and we have to take into account he's young, have no experience of the PL and played on the same side as a very poor Kaboul today.

I'd like to see him at centre-half in place of Kaboul, with Fazio given a go instead of Vertonghen. Kaboul is just so sloppy, despite having a few games under his belt, he's not getting sharper. Vertonghen was a joke last season imo, and as soon as we have played someone decent he puts in another no-show performance.

Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes today, im sure he will, he looks a great prospect, looked a bit nervy after the soft penalty award, but never gave up

20 years old. Today was a good experience for him to learn from. It's how we react from our setbacks which make us. We could learn a lot about ourselves today as a team.

Yep, hope Dier and Fazio get their chance at CB. Am a bit fed up with Kab and Jan. Last season Daws was better than both of them, yet he got more stick than any of our CBs, ridiculous.

I can see why Belgium play Jan at LB. He's a decent enough player, but he just doesn't command situations like you want a CB to do. Obviously it's a long season, and we'll need to use all the CBs we have available, including a lot more of Velko I hope, in the Cups, EL particularly.

He wants credit for everything .

Hope he wipes his mouth and gets on with it. We all have bad days at the office.

I wouldn't say he had a bad (metaphorical) day at the office anyway, the penalty is a tough one because there's not enough contact to realistically bring someone down but rules are rules and less honest players can take advantage of it. Apart from that thought he had a good game, obviously not perfect but showed passion and actually managed to put in some good balls in to the box as well.

Not to excuse him but I think after Kaboul gets dropped or remembers how to be a defender there'll be a bit more solid structure to the defense which will help him

I wouldn't say he had a bad (metaphorical) day at the office anyway, the penalty is a tough one because there's not enough contact to realistically bring someone down but rules are rules and less honest players can take advantage of it. Apart from that thought he had a good game, obviously not perfect but showed passion and actually managed to put in some good balls in to the box as well.

Not to excuse him but I think after Kaboul gets dropped or remembers how to be a defender there'll be a bit more solid structure to the defense which will help him

yeah it was 50-50 and the whole world could see that. bale would have been instantly yellow carded and called a cissy by fans from both sides if he did that.

dier did much better than verts and kaboul, critical tackles and making his presence felt. verts and kaboul just gave up ground too easily. dier knows then to step up, make a statement. got it wrong this time, but its was a thin call.

I wouldn't say he had a bad (metaphorical) day at the office anyway, the penalty is a tough one because there's not enough contact to realistically bring someone down but rules are rules and less honest players can take advantage of it.

What rule did he break? There is no rule that says touching someone on the shoulder is a foul. Allen dived, plain and simple. It was never a penalty.

Back