• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I was referring to how it seemed you'd already written off the Werner signing, adding him as the end of a sentiment which started 'clubs get signings wrong all the time'.
We will never agree on Dier mate.

I hope I’m wrong about Werner. But I don’t think he’s a good finisher which is kind of what we need as Richarlison misses too many chances and the forwards in general don’t get enough goals aside from Son.

I hope I’m wrong about Werner. But I don’t think he’s a good finisher which is kind of what we need as Richarlison misses too many chances and the forwards in general don’t get enough goals aside from Son.
2016–2020 RB Leipzig Games: 127 Goals: 78

That's only four years ago, playing under Hasenhuttl, Rangnick and Nagelsmann. They all play high intensity 'fun' football.. No reason to think he can't rediscover that kind of scoring ability in the right environment.

It feels a bit like this was more acrimonious than Lloris' departure. I guess Hugo was at the end of his career whereas Dier may feel he was excluded when he still had much to offer. It's tough but like Poch said years ago, rebuilds are painful and as Ange said, you can't effect change without making changes and Dier was a necessary casualty given what Ange wants.
What are you basing that on? Ange’s ”yes”?

What are you basing that on? Ange’s ”yes”?
Not really. Dier is 29, Hugo is 36. So Dier is pretty much where most players hit their peak. I doubt in his head he thinks he shouldn't play. He started one game and has been dropped in favour of two full backs. I can't imagine he's delighted about that. Ange has been at pains to stress how professional Hugo was and hasn't said similar about Dier. There was talk earlier in the season that Dier had met with Levy. There was the social media clip of Dier being filmed coming into the training ground and saying something like "No need to film me mate, you know you won't use it". And then you have Ange's response last week.

So lots of little things albeit it's speculation which is why I said "it feels like it was more acrimonious" rather than something definitive. I could be wrong.

Even if it was acrimonious, that's not a problem. You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. I could understand why Dier may feel like he hasn't been treated as well as he'd like. I can fully understand why Ange would not see Dier as suitable for his style of football. These things happen in life. You move on and it seems that everyone is moving on to a better place here.

Was very good in his prime but unfortunately was never the same after those stomach issues he had.

Didn’t he have complications after having his appendix out or something.

Another one along with Kane that will go and get a trophy their first season and the trolls will be back at it.

Good luck to him, never really had a problem with the lad.

Whilst I know he wasn't of the standard that we now need, I do feel sad to see him go.
It might be a while since "I love Eric Dier" has been sung around the ground, but he has served us very well and has never been anything but loyal and professional as far as I am aware. I appreciate that could be said of many players but he has been with us a long time and during some of our best most recent years, until now.
I wish him all the best, am pleased for him it is Bayern and not a lower PL team he has moved on to, and am sorry we don't get to give him a farewell (although perhaps for the best given some of the comments about him that one hears in the ground if he plays!).
Good Luck Eric.

Always gave everything when he played for us and a good servant to the club. All the best Eric and hope you and Harry clear up on the trophy front this season.
Oh Ghod I hadn’t really thought of it that way. Brace yourselves now for the fall out when Eric Dier leaves us and wins a trophy straightaway!

Brilliant move for him, I wish him all the best. I had high hopes for him back in the day, and although he never really reached the heights he might have with us, he's always been a real pro and a great servant to the club.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with ability, it is everything to do with not being right for the way Ange wants us to play. Dier lost a yard of pace after he had those abdominal injuries in 2018/19. He is simply not suited to the style as he no longer has the pace. Davies is a fine player, and Royal has proven haters wrong in terms of his defensive work in the system, but I'd argue he is less effective going forward/passing than Dier. Anyway, I think his departure will be a relief for all concerned. Here's to him finding a club which suits the player he is these days - whether Bayern or Sporting...
Great bloke. Will always remember him scything through a couple of Chelsea snowflakes during the "Battle of the Bridge." Plus he has played some very decent games for us, I remember in particular when we beat Madrid at Wembley. Never a world beater but I imagine a really good person to have in the dressing room and a model pro. Good luck to him if he goes and it's to one of the biggest clubs in the world which will surprise many.

Back