• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Dier is a better CB than Stones and he went for how much? The fact he can play RB and midfield and also the fact he is English add's another £20m on top of that. Also his age comes into it. 100m in todays market taking everying into consideration.

I am not sure that he is home grown so the English premium does not really apply here. £100m for Dier? It sounds like hyperbole to me and quite deluded. Dier is a good player but the most expensive (and best player) in the World? We are beginning to sound like Liverpool fans...

I am not sure that he is home grown so the English premium does not really apply here. £100m for Dier? It sounds like hyperbole to me and quite deluded. Dier is a good player but the most expensive (and best player) in the World? We are beginning to sound like Liverpool fans...

I think people need to stop taking post's on here too seriously.

Such as???

I really don't think it does anymore

I think it's all about has that player performed in this league

Are you seriously asking for a list? Hmm where do i start?

Michael Keane hardly any prem experience
Josh stones look above
Sterling off the back of one good season.

You don't have to go far to compare these players with foreign players that have come to the premiership with no experience and lower prices.

Josh stones look above

You don't have to go far to compare these players with foreign players that have come to the premiership with no experience and lower prices.

Keane is now a full international who played for a team in the premier league for one that season, that stayed up when no one thought they would. He is also young and went fro a similar fee to what Rudiger is going for who hasn't proven himself in this league

John stones was brought purely on potential.... his fee was set because people think he is Beckenbauer rather than the limited defender he actually is

My argument is the foreign players that come here get that premium once their proven here like the English players... Mane, VVD, Lukaku, are some examples that after proven themselves for a period in this league their transfer fees are now huge, the same as English players

Look at what we're after now for Wimmer? One solid prem season and one without games yet we want £20m!!!! And someone will pay near to that.

Keane is now a full international who played for a team in the premier league for one that season, that stayed up when no one thought they would. He is also young and went fro a similar fee to what Rudiger is going for who hasn't proven himself in this league

John stones was brought purely on potential.... his fee was set because people think he is Beckenbauer rather than the limited defender he actually is

My argument is the foreign players that come here get that premium once their proven here like the English players... Mane, VVD, Lukaku, are some examples that after proven themselves for a period in this league their transfer fees are now huge, the same as English players

Look at what we're after now for Wimmer? One solid prem season and one without games yet we want £20m!!!! And someone will pay near to that.

Sorry mate that is all contradicting.
Two cameo appearances does not make a player a full international, as is the case with Keane. Rudiger of the same age as already got 17 caps. Same age as well. So is it not the case that Keanes price is inflated due to being English?

Josh stones got brought for potential? Is he the only defender In the world that had potential? There have been, and players currently playing that will not get sold for anything close to that sum, that have already shown they are light years ahead of stones.

Foreign players like any other players can obviously expect to go for a higher sum of money once they show that they can be effective. Regardless of nationality. Most English teams go for the cream, there will always be foreign players that lesser teams are forced to take a gamble.

English players have always comanded a premium fee due to the quota required, the intimate understanding if our league, having richer clubs fighting amongst themselves.

One of the most glaring aspects is how many foreign clubs can afford to buy English talent? They can't even afford championship players. Otherwise we would have a lot of players playing abroad and not just the top leagues.

We don't produce enough talent to spread about and that in any economy commands premiums

Sorry mate that is all contradicting.
Two cameo appearances does not make a player a full international, as is the case with Keane. Rudiger of the same age as already got 17 caps. Same age as well. So is it not the case that Keanes price is inflated due to being English?

Josh stones got brought for potential? Is he the only defender In the world that had potential? There have been, and players currently playing that will not get sold for anything close to that sum, that have already shown they are light years ahead of stones.

Foreign players like any other players can obviously expect to go for a higher sum of money once they show that they can be effective. Regardless of nationality. Most English teams go for the cream, there will always be foreign players that lesser teams are forced to take a gamble.

English players have always comanded a premium fee due to the quota required, the intimate understanding if our league, having richer clubs fighting amongst themselves.

One of the most glaring aspects is how many foreign clubs can afford to buy English talent? They can't even afford championship players. Otherwise we would have a lot of players playing abroad and not just the top leagues.

We don't produce enough talent to spread about and that in any economy commands premiums

Marquinos is a player with a deal similar to stones IMO and he went for £32m at a similar age to a monied side after having show potential

We do produce talent but talent needs opportunities and we don't give players opportunities in this country

The quota thing has easy remedies with youth players.

Marquinos is a player with a deal similar to stones IMO and he went for £32m at a similar age to a monied side after having show potential

We do produce talent but talent needs opportunities and we don't give players opportunities in this country

The quota thing has easy remedies with youth players.

Similar? Marquinhos Played abroad with no french league experience and was brought after an immense season at Roma, note price not close to what City paid, by another team bank rolled by money.

Why did Emirates Marketing Project make stones the world's most expensive defender? One year in the premiership, not even in the top 10 young defenders for his age in the world.

If the quota thing has easy fix remedies then why are teams still trying to mop up the best English talent in this league? Why don't barca, real, bayern etc buying English players for these sums of money? Easy, better talent elsewhere for cheaper.

Why is it only English clubs took a 50 mill punt on stones?

Similar? Marquinhos Played abroad with no french league experience and was brought after an immense season at Roma, note price not close to what City paid, by another team bank rolled by money.

Why did Emirates Marketing Project make stones the world's most expensive defender? One year in the premiership, not even in the top 10 young defenders for his age in the world.

If the quota thing has easy fix remedies then why are teams still trying to mop up the best English talent in this league? Why don't barca, real, bayern etc buying English players for these sums of money? Easy, better talent elsewhere for cheaper.

Why is it only English clubs took a 50 mill punt on stones?

He has played 80 odd prem games for Everton before joining city over 3 seasons

Marquinos would have cost £50m in the current market or more maybe (and he is another that I think is over rated)

And only English clubs have the money and in City's case the need for centre backs at that time

And English teams are trying to just buy all the talent rather than just the English. Look at Everton's signings this summer they have actually brought a few kids from Europe. City do it regularly too

Clubs IMO don't care about nationality and only care about can the deliver. It's very much a short term plan

And Barca and Bayern for example clean up all the best prospective players in their own country don't they?

Josh stones look above

Jordan pickford .. .a snip at £30mill

Marquinos would have cost £50m in the current market or more maybe (and he is another that I think is over rated)

And only English clubs have the money and in City's case the need for centre backs at that time

And English teams are trying to just buy all the talent rather than just the English. Look at Everton's signings this summer they have actually brought a few kids from Europe. City do it regularly too

Clubs IMO don't care about nationality and only care about can the deliver. It's very much a short term plan

And Barca and Bayern for example clean up all the best prospective players in their own country don't they?

Whilt the EPL/FA/UEFA/FIFA impose some form of x% must be players from the country of the team in question then players of that nationality will have a premium attached to the price.

Stones was not bought on potential alone and his price did not reflect that potential alone it reflected the fact he was English more.

So stones was really and truly the only option at £50m.

I think you will find pep saying something along the lines of fulfilling an English quota and home grown talent. So clubs fundamentally have to care even if that falls out of your opinion.

So stones was really and truly the only option at £50m.

I think you will find pep saying something along the lines of fulfilling an English quota and home grown talent. So clubs fundamentally have to care even if that falls out of your opinion.

Well stones was certainly the only hyped up defender on these shores at the time

Of the lad from Portugal that city have signed who isn't english and cost £5m more

I presume you are referring to Ederson Santana de Moraes? He may be young but he was a league winning goalkeeper for in a team that conceded the lest goals in Portugal last season.

Back