• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I don't really pay any attention to other clubs deals as I don't care but I certainly can't remember us handing out so many new deals in my lifetime.

I'd imagine that as a result our wage expenditure has gone up by a relatively significant amount. Very encouraging to see that with the extra money about Levy isn't afraid to set the bar a little higher in return for some stability.

I just hope we don't push ourselves up to a level where we'll struggle to offer an increase when offer clubs coming sniffing about. Wouldn't surprise me if we only offer youth teamers new deals till we move into the big White Hart Lane.

- Look at the spend of other clubs around/below us, the tv income has increased everyone's revenue significantly, once again I will say, with Levy in charge, I'm not worried about our fiscal planning.
- It was explained, we have tiers/level's we offer our players based on their age/play time/first team role.

What I think we have seen is we now have 8+ first 11 players who are getting to 2nd/3rd seasons, young established pros, with no real need to upgrade, so we are trying to tie down, have a consistent squad for the next 2-3 years.

People talk about firsts with this squad, I think the possibility of us having Eriksen, Dembele, Jan, Toby, Walker, Rose, Lloris (25-30 year age group) play through the prime of their careers with us is the big first

I don't really pay any attention to other clubs deals as I don't care but I certainly can't remember us handing out so many new deals in my lifetime.

I'd imagine that as a result our wage expenditure has gone up by a relatively significant amount. Very encouraging to see that with the extra money about Levy isn't afraid to set the bar a little higher in return for some stability.

I just hope we don't push ourselves up to a level where we'll struggle to offer an increase when offer clubs coming sniffing about. Wouldn't surprise me if we only offer youth teamers new deals till we move into the big White Hart Lane.
It feels like our wage bill is going up though... But it feels justified and timed for the new stadium. So important to qualify for champion league this season to keep the group intact.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't think we need to worry. We got Eriksen signed up for 75k when he could have easily earnt 150k somewhere else...we have more TV revenue but aren't suddenly spending equally relative to clubs currently with more money.

It's a good sign. Players signing up for not money but because they want to be part of the journey, knowing they play their best football here and that wage rises will come as long as performance continues to be consistent.

"It’s fantastic for us young players to have a manager with his attitude and work rate,” he said. “It’s something we all look up to.

“Every day we want to improve. We beat Stoke 4-0 on Saturday but he will want everything from us as if we lost 4-0, that’s his attitude and it’s fantastic for us young players to be around someone who is like that, always working at 100 per cent, always wanting to improve.

“He wants to improve and we want to improve. It’s a fantastic mix.”
Who's "he"?

With Alderweireld possible out for month its up to Dier to step if we have any hope.

Vertonghen has shown time and again he is incapable of organising a defence.
He seems the type to tell you exactly what each player did wrong after it happened and that it was nothing to do with him.

Wimmer is way too junior of a figure to come in and run things.

There is this slight chance that Dier could be a revelation at centre half now he is way more mature than the last time he got a run of games there.

@Modric THFC - Yeah, Verts is a brilliant defender when he's being led. Toby does the leading, Verts does his job beautifully. But Verts isn't the type to lead the backline. And that means that, if Dier's set to deputise in Toby's place, then I'd rather put Wimmer there for a while - we might well find that Wimmer is equally predisposed to follow Toby's lead, but we might as well give him a chance.

With Alderweireld possible out for month its up to Dier to step if we have any hope.

Vertonghen has shown time and again he is incapable of organising a defence.
He seems the type to tell you exactly what each player did wrong after it happened and that it was nothing to do with him.

Wimmer is way too junior of a figure to come in and run things.

There is this slight chance that Dier could be a revelation at centre half now he is way more mature than the last time he got a run of games there.

Agree.

Wimmer's an international CB. Yes, he'll be a step down from Toby, but this is what he gets paid for. Save Dier for the midfield.

Wimmer's left footed. Both Toby and Dier are right-footed (as is Carter-Vickers), and Poch has shown that he prefers playing right and left footers in their respective positions at the back (even before Toby-Verts - we played Fazio next to Verts in 2014-2015). I think it'll be Dier next to Verts - but I'd rather Wimmer gets a chance on that left-hand side.

Whenever Dier plays at centre-half, he looks good imo so I see no problem at all with him playing in place of Toby for a bit. I seem to remember Dier and Wimmer as a pair looking quite tidy in the cup v Leicester last season.

Whenever Dier plays at centre-half, he looks good imo so I see no problem at all with him playing in place of Toby for a bit. I seem to remember Dier and Wimmer as a pair looking quite tidy in the cup v Leicester last season.

I think he's looked very raw at CB so far, particularly in his first season. A bit more experienced and settled now, hopefully he'll have stepped up a bit. Would expect him to.

Back