• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

What rule did he break? There is no rule that says touching someone on the shoulder is a foul. Allen dived, plain and simple. It was never a penalty.

My understand of it is that unless it's shoulder to shoulder you can't really make contact unless you get the ball. He pulled him back, once the contact (however minimal) was made Allen knew he'd get the penalty. It depends on your definition of the word dive (not to bring up endless Bale debate), and it sucks that that's the way it is but it was bad positioning in the first place but in no way am I having a go at him.

Did you guys see Ivanovic for Cheatski v City yesterday?

A centre back/ full back hybrid like Dier, but years and years further on in his progression...

Ivanovic drifts inside towards Lampard, thinking that Schurrle is tracking (the excellent!) James Milner, but he isn't.

Milner runs free, is picked out by Silva, squares it to Lampard (who Ivanovic completely ignored!) and Lampard scores.

Just terrible from Ivanovic.

Remember Cheatski had 11 men versus City's 10 men.

And then a few minutes later the same thing, Ivanovic is pulled infield near Lampard yet doesn't mark him at all, Milner gets completely free down the left and squares it to Lampard again, this time Lampard's shot is blocked.

Unbelievably poor from a seasoned top International player.

If that had been ANY of our defenders they would have got page after page of abuse, it was truly bad.

In a key match, against 10 men, in arguably the most important game of the season.

Did you guys see Ivanovic for Cheatski v City yesterday?

A centre back/ full back hybrid like Dier, but years and years further on in his progression...

Ivanovic drifts inside towards Lampard, thinking that Schurrle is tracking (the excellent!) James Milner, but he isn't.

Milner runs free, is picked out by Silva, squares it to Lampard (who Ivanovic completely ignored!) and Lampard scores.

Just terrible from Ivanovic.

Remember Cheatski had 11 men versus City's 10 men.

And then a few minutes later the same thing, Ivanovic is pulled infield near Lampard yet doesn't mark him at all, Milner gets completely free down the left and squares it to Lampard again, this time Lampard's shot is blocked.

Unbelievably poor from a seasoned top International player.

If that had been ANY of our defenders they would have got page after page of abuse, it was truly bad.

In a key match, against 10 men, in arguably the most important game of the season.

I thought in both cases it was Chelsea's attacking player's failure to track Milner that was the problem.... This then left Ivanovic having to try to cover two players, which was impossible.

I thought in both cases it was Chelsea's attacking player's failure to track Milner that was the problem.... This then left Ivanovic having to try to cover two players, which was impossible.

Ivanovic left the wide area and went inside to mark Lampard, then failed entirely to mark him. He had to do one or the other, not neither.

Ivanovic left the wide area and went inside to mark Lampard, then failed entirely to mark him. He had to do one or the other, not neither.

My thoughts are that if he went to Lampard then Milner had a free run on goal. I think Ivanovic positioned himself so that it would require a good ball from Milner and a good first time finish by Lampard in order for their to be a goal, it just so happened that they did both (I guess that's what top class playersdo?) I am pretty sure that it will be Schurrie getting a rocket from Mourinho in training today and not Ivanovic. Mourinho bombed out, fan favourite, Mata because he refused to track the runs of the opposing full back, it simply isn't acceptable for a player to fail to do this.

To bring this back to a THFC perspective (although, apologies, I can't quite slant it all the way back to Dier!) this is something that annoys the hell out of me with Chadli.... He often seems to completely ignore forays forward by our opponents right back. You can just about get away with this if you are Ginola and will punish the opposition when your team turn the ball back over, but not when you are Nacer Chadli.

My thoughts are that if he went to Lampard then Milner had a free run on goal. I think Ivanovic positioned himself so that it would require a good ball from Milner and a good first time finish by Lampard in order for their to be a goal, it just so happened that they did both (I guess that's what top class playersdo?) I am pretty sure that it will be Schurrie getting a rocket from Mourinho in training today and not Ivanovic. Mourinho bombed out, fan favourite, Mata because he refused to track the runs of the opposing full back, it simply isn't acceptable for a player to fail to do this.

To bring this back to a THFC perspective (although, apologies, I can't quite slant it all the way back to Dier!) this is something that annoys the hell out of me with Chadli.... He often seems to completely ignore forays forward by our opponents right back. You can just about get away with this if you are Ginola and will punish the opposition when your team turn the ball back over, but not when you are Nacer Chadli.

From speaking to a Chelsea supporting fan in work, it's the second time he's done it (first time Mourinho hauled him off at half time) so I'm not sure he'll play too many more games for them.

Well he has been our most productive forward player to date....

Well he has been our most productive forward player to date....

Indeed he has in terms of goals. The question is whether those goals make up for the lack of defensive shape that playing him results in.

If his attacking output is required then I wonder whether switching his primary position with Ericksen would be a good idea?.... Ericksen then plays as the left sided attacker and tracks the opposing right back's runs while Chadli is pretty much excused of any defensive duty. The question here is whether Chadli does enough pressing to play in that central role - as from what I can tell in Pochettino's system the central attacking midfielder is probably the player who triggers the whole team pressing.

Indeed he has in terms of goals. The question is whether those goals make up for the lack of defensive shape that playing him results in.

If his attacking output is required then I wonder whether switching his primary position with Ericksen would be a good idea?.... Ericksen then plays as the left sided attacker and tracks the opposing right back's runs while Chadli is pretty much excused of any defensive duty. The question here is whether Chadli does enough pressing to play in that central role - as from what I can tell in Pochettino's system the central attacking midfielder is probably the player who triggers the whole team pressing.

The fact he has the most goals is that he busts a gut to get into the box and into the danger zone - something that noone else does including our one forward!(When Ade is playing) So Im not surprised if his tracking back isn't as good as others(personally not noticed that but not saying thats not the case either). Eriksen on the left I wouldnt be against at all, he's done a lot of good things for us there in the past....

Feel sorry for the kid. When is Pochettino gonna play him at centre half again?

Like I said a little while ago Im more than happy with Naughton at RB and let Dier focus on CB - surely him playing CB on Sunday and Naughton RB would have been better....

The fact he has the most goals is that he busts a gut to get into the box and into the danger zone - something that noone else does including our one forward!(When Ade is playing) So Im not surprised if his tracking back isn't as good as others(personally not noticed that but not saying thats not the case either). Eriksen on the left I wouldnt be against at all, he's done a lot of good things for us there in the past....

It's the chicken or the egg situation really isn't it?.... Does he defend less because he tires himself out getting into attacking positions, or is he able to get into those attacking positions more easily than other players because he isn't restricted by having to defend?

My thoughts are that the two wide players in the 3 of our 4-2-3-1 absolutely have to pick up the opposing team's fullback when they get forward.

Like I said a little while ago Im more than happy with Naughton at RB and let Dier focus on CB - surely him playing CB on Sunday and Naughton RB would have been better....

He needs to get back in the middle as he is struggling defensively at right back. He plays right back like a centre back, square on and trying to block the man/shot/pass, whereas a full back would try to push the man in a direction that suits him and therefore make it harder to cross etc... Dier does go forward reasonably well.

He will be much better at centre back and Naughton is more than capable as back up

My thoughts are that if he went to Lampard then Milner had a free run on goal. I think Ivanovic positioned himself so that it would require a good ball from Milner and a good first time finish by Lampard in order for their to be a goal, it just so happened that they did both (I guess that's what top class playersdo?) I am pretty sure that it will be Schurrie getting a rocket from Mourinho in training today and not Ivanovic.

Look again. Ivanovic is the player near Lampard in the first second, 2 seconds later he is looking around quizically as Lampard scores. Clearly Ivanovic has gone to mark Lampard, but then doesn't whatsoever

Now how the frig do I insert a gif?

http://www.gifyoutube.com/gif/ZrRvDo

^

wrap the image URL in the image tags [img ] & [/img ] :

[img ]http://share.gifyoutube.com/ZrRvDo.gif[/img ]

(just lose the spaces ive added)

Back