• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Because you seemed to be saying that because he is the CF for an international team who have done quite well then he must be good.

I’m not looking forward to Richarlison likely being our first choice number 9 next season. I think he is 10 to 12 goals a year worse than Harry Kane and that probably conflates to quite a few points.

Me neither. He’s a 10-12 goal a season forward.

Middle of the road? He won the copa america with them in 2019. Got to the final in 2021 and got to the quarters of the world cup.
Copa 19 he played 3 minutes in the final, didn't feature in the Semi, didn't feature in the quarters. A quarter final of the WC is basically brick for Brazil. They aren't a top side right now and haven't been for years so I just don't understand you proclaiming Brazil's No9 as if that's impressive in itself. Its not.

Who is he competing with? Jesus? Everton? Meh beyond meh. [emoji1787]

This and your comments about River Plate make me think you haven't really paid attention to the current comings and goings of South American football. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

"20 years with the owner and they never won something. Why?"

Almost could have been one of the away fans, but instead it's Antonio Conte joining the #LevyOut train. :D :D

This is exactly what I wanted to see him say, a long, long time before now. Now it's too late because his crap tactics are a part of the problem, but still, good that someone has brought it into the open.

Wow - he isn't even done.

"I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench. You risk to disrupt the figure of the manager & to protect the other situation in every moment. Until now I try to hide the situation but now no because I repeat I don’t want to see what I have seen today because this is unacceptable and also unacceptable for the fans. They follow us, pay for the ticket and to see the team another time to have this type of performance is unacceptable. We have to think a lot about this.”

He is 100% right - and he has crossed a Rubicon by saying this as openly as he has. Manager changes, players stay the same....but so does the board.

I think he needs sacking, and tomorrow if possible. But him leaving isn't going to save Levy at this point. I hope, pray, that the fans now turn against him and Lewis even more than they've already done.

Well past due.

The club has lost its way under Levy.
He has gambled that a big manager in Jose or Conte will sort this out for him, but it's just highlighted the issue more.

Conte needs to go, Levy needs to step back.

Get someone in who knows how to run the football side of the club. Get an identity that the fans will get behind.

I’m very very sure Conte isn’t the issue.

I’m absolutely adamant Levy isn’t.

It’s the ones actually kicking the ball around.

Yep your right. The better players missed out, on by a few million while overvaluing inferior ones season after season. Not beng able to park the bus undeground in the now formula one go kart track. The months of delays to stadium for the white elephant that was the hanging sky bar that makes everyone sick so couldn't be used. None of these things levys mistakes.
Conte not the issue. Sure he knew what he was getting into and allowed himself to be another patsy. Another manager who banishes and ignores players, and never got what he was promised. How can I play football without the best
The players. Everyone of them can fudge off

Wow - he isn't even done.

"I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench. You risk to disrupt the figure of the manager & to protect the other situation in every moment. Until now I try to hide the situation but now no because I repeat I don’t want to see what I have seen today because this is unacceptable and also unacceptable for the fans. They follow us, pay for the ticket and to see the team another time to have this type of performance is unacceptable. We have to think a lot about this.”

He is 100% right - and he has crossed a Rubicon by saying this as openly as he has. Manager changes, players stay the same....but so does the board.

I think he needs sacking, and tomorrow if possible. But him leaving isn't going to save Levy at this point. I hope, pray, that the fans now turn against him and Lewis even more than they've already done.

Well past due.
Fans turning makes no difference
£4B does
It’s that simple
You always like to think the fans have some say or an impact… get to the ground and see for yourself. The protests have to date been 30 chavs behind some scrawled banners
Most fans that go don’t really have an issue with ENIC. We all want success and we pay to be entertained
Enic can’t make the latter happen but can empty someone to do that better than this bloke
They are backing the team now within the means they have …

"20 years with the owner and they never won something. Why?"

Almost could have been one of the away fans, but instead it's Antonio Conte joining the #LevyOut train. :D :D

This is exactly what I wanted to see him say, a long, long time before now. Now it's too late because his crap tactics are a part of the problem, but still, good that someone has brought it into the open.
My problem with Conte's statement is that Levy has supported him in the market to get additional players. What has he done with them? Pochettino drew a line in the sand. What has Conte done?

Fans turning makes no difference
£4B does
It’s that simple
You always like to think the fans have some say or an impact… get to the ground and see for yourself. The protests have to date been 30 chavs behind some scrawled banners
Most fans that go don’t really have an issue with ENIC. We all want success and we pay to be entertained
Enic can’t make the latter happen but can empty someone to do that better than this bloke
They are backing the team now within the means they have …

Thats the crux of it, look, like it or loathe it if people want Levy and the board gone then someone has to pay 3-4bn for the privilege.....people call for heroes to take the club on then you have to look at who will do that more than the idea that Enic should just "get out or club".

No one has to like it but they have created a asset monster off the pitch which has supported our longest concerted period in Europe elite competition ever which means they get to sit on their investment financially.

I am not supporting them here, just being realistic, no amount of Enic Out does anything without a viable buyer

Thats the crux of it, look, like it or loathe it if people want Levy and the board gone then someone has to pay 3-4bn for the privilege.....people call for heroes to take the club on then you have to look at who will do that more than the idea that Enic should just "get out or club".

No one has to like it but they have created a asset monster off the pitch which has supported our longest concerted period in Europe elite competition ever which means they get to sit on their investment financially.

I am not supporting them here, just being realistic, no amount of Enic Out does anything without a viable buyer
I’d argue it’s counter productive

Still don’t get how this is a Levy problem? Hasn’t Conte had about £200m to spend? What more does Levy have to do to back him? Does he come down to the training ground and take the session?

I think we need to look at the players that were here in Poch’s final stage, Mourinho’s time here, Nuno’s and Conte’s time. Maybe they are the reason the mentality is not good enough. Hugo and Kane are both captains, maybe they are not good enough and don’t have the right mentality / motivation to be captains? I assume Dier and Hojberg are seen as leaders in the dressing room, maybe its the same for them? You can’t tell me all these new players coming in also have the same bricky mentality?

Still don’t get how this is a Levy problem? Hasn’t Conte had about £200m to spend? What more does Levy have to do to back him? Does he come down to the training ground and take the session?

I think we need to look at the players that were here in Poch’s final stage, Mourinho’s time here, Nuno’s and Conte’s time. Maybe they are the reason the mentality is not good enough. Hugo and Kane are both captains, maybe they are not good enough and don’t have the right mentality / motivation to be captains? I assume Dier and Hojberg are seen as leaders in the dressing room, maybe its the same for them? You can’t tell me all these new players coming in also have the same bricky mentality?
I actually think it’s a huge issue here
The fans don’t believe we will win every game unlike pool fans for example… so we lack belief
The players go to some grounds and are broken before entering the stadium
Managers join and are genuine bottle jobs when it comes to some basic things
The board focussed on the stadium and we’re now panting catch up in some cases
All of it is a mess
That’s why pochs biggest achievement wasn’t on the pitch. It was uniting everyone off the pitch
Arsenal are flying right now because everything is focussed in one direction
We’re rudderless

Peh is no leader, a leader does not call out other players for his mistakes.
Goal keepers don't make good captains imho.
Leaders do not continue to do something they are brick at when they have several players vastly superior to them in the team. Kane should be nowhere near free kicks.
If are our leaders it's not surprising we are in trouble.

It’s a Levy problem in that he needs to decide what type of club we want to be. For the second time he’s employed a ‘trophy manager’ yet the signings aren’t that of what a results now manager want.

We have made some great young exciting signings but have a coach who won’t use them. Doesn’t matter how much Levy spends, if they aren’t players that fit the mould of what the coach wants for his style and system it’s all a waste. So if we are going to continue to go down the young and exciting players signings route then fine, Levy needs to get in a coach’s who can work with that and will be happy to - and there seems to be a few decent options out there…..

Back