• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Well it’s how fans see it
I’ve said it constantly
Enic don’t have more money to put in. Their asset is the club and that’s their income
They need a cash injection from elsewhere or to sell the club to richer owners

Or just keep doing what they are doing as it’s obviously working.

Or fans can buy into the process that given we are two full seasons into the new stadium revenue wise that the spend will increase and thus increase our chances. But that method takes patience granted. Interestingly Chelsea, financially doped and all have not finished in the top 2 since winning the league, Liverpool have challenged every year bar this, spending 100-150m per window (equivalent of our last) and Arsenal look set to win the league this year with a similar investment than us over the last couple of windows. So the ideas that the only way to compete is to financially dope is not the full story TBH, as much credibility in decent and targeted spending than there is scatter gunning.

And a stable manager with a vision. Adding the right players is crucial of course. Kulu and Bentancur were a great start. We need to address the back 5 now.

Last edited:
I don't care who owns us, or how much money they have. Just want it to be fair. That includes champions league which has destroyed football in most european countries. If it was up to me half the money would go to the federations to be split amongst clubs. Then you might not have byern or olympiakos winning leagues for a decade.

Yep agree but football is utterly dead and corrupted now. Its like a zombie version of its former self.

I would prefer the club closed down in protest as that would be the honourable and principled thing to do in this insane times.

IF Italy/Spain/Germany/France all continue to diminish relative to the EPL.
IF the mighty levers pulled by Barca truly come back to bite them.
IF the EPL became so mighty it could pay more wages than other leagues.
There is no way Cheatski City Newc can buy all of the good players, there will still be enough good players left for another 5 top teams to fight strongly with them.

IF Italy/Spain/Germany/France all continue to diminish relative to the EPL.
IF the mighty levers pulled by Barca truly come back to bite them.
IF the EPL became so mighty it could pay more wages than other leagues.
There is no way Cheatski City Newc can buy all of the good players, there will still be enough good players left for another 5 top teams to fight strongly with them.

Exactly, its still a game of 11 v 11 and there are too many variables that make football somewhat of a leveller. Man United have spent more than anyone in recent years by some way and have done nothing, because their decision making off the pitch does not match the spend, seemingly, till now, but the appointments of the wrong managers happen, injuries, suspensions, buying the wrong players (Pogbas, Lukaku etc) all nuances of the game that can't just be ignored or glazed over. Chelsea may have changed owners but they still had a very decent base and great summer spending, with a very well tuned manager in Tuchel, so based on spending being the one and only, they should be third to City and United.....its never ever happens like that

I think Levy is being especially tight in this window because the outsider investment is imminent.

We have money and have identified targets we badly need but are putting in pathetic offers tinkling off the selling club and delaying these players arrival. It is completely unacceptable that in this window we have made 0 signings despite us having numerous deficiencies in the squad.

Yes I can be accused of being an entitled child and that is how I will be from now on as we must all demand more to elevate this club from the slumber it has been in since the 60s.
I think Levy is tight in this window because there is no point buying a player to suit your manager's system when you don't know if that manager is going to be around 5 months from now. But I sure hope it is because outside investment is imminent, although I don't see why that would preclude Levy from buying players.

I think Levy is tight in this window because there is no point buying a player to suit your manager's system when you don't know if that manager is going to be around 5 months from now. But I sure hope it is because outside investment is imminent, although I don't see why that would preclude Levy from buying players.
If he doesn't buy Conte who he want it's guaranteed he won't be sticking around. Levy must know that.

It's OK. Levy knows what's he's doing. All the other clubs are overpaying and Thfc has the best financials of any football club in the world.

The club's future is secure! So enjoy yourself in our corruption free stadium and wear dress your family in Spurs gear proudly!

Extremely poor leadership to get to that circumstance if that is the case.

Extremely poor leadership to get to that circumstance if that is the case.
A lot has happened to Conte in the last few months that he has said has given him a different outlook on life. He may have been willing to commit but now he wants more time with his family so that could change things and see him wanting to head back to Italy. It's easy just to blame Levy and ignore that it's actual human beings that have lives and needs that change.

Is there another industry (particularly multi billion pound) where someone who is unequipped for a particular element of the business gets to make so many decisions for that element? Why is Levy anywhere near the football strategy? And gets to remain in that position despite so many failures?

Is there another industry (particularly multi billion pound) where someone who is unequipped for a particular element of the business gets to make so many decisions for that element? Why is Levy anywhere near the football strategy? And gets to remain in that position despite so many failures?
He isn't near it, Paratici is in charge of the football side.

Yes, pretty much every one, it's called the Peter Principle.

I don't agree that's the case for Levy though, as the football strategy he's overseen has been an inarguable success, it's a football club, everything is part of the football strategy. In all of the decisions he's had to make, the mistakes are a low percentage.

The fixation on trophy count (a wider point, not specific to you @Benny_Lad as its not something you said in your post) whilst ignoring the inequality in funding and the individual player errors at key moments, on the cusp of trophies, is unfair on Levy imo. To use an NFL analogy, he's repeatedly marched us 99 yards down the field, only for us to cough it up on the 1 yard line.

Back