• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

fudging idiots

"profit before glory" so they want glory and financial loss instead, that'll last

"we want our club back" that wonderful time under Sugar

everyone who is there, all 14 of them, dropped of by their parents, is a stupid clam

What does "our" club actually mean? At what point was it our club the most? What exactly is it they want to go back to?

What they really mean though is that they want someone with cheat codes to take over.

What does "our" club actually mean? At what point was it our club the most? What exactly is it they want to go back to?

What they really mean though is that they want someone with cheat codes to take over.
I’m actually ok with cheat codes as that’s how the league is going
As soon as opened the door to debt laden ownership and foreign investors it became a dingdong swinging competition
Nothing is about doing it the right way or a sustainable way
I don’t think it’s ever really been TBF
I’d love us to win things without investment from a state but we can’t make that step up without it

it was never "our club", it's been owned by someone else for a very long time

It is, but whilst I don't support their stance, I suppose at least they're not just sitting behind a keyboard and are trying to organise. It's just pointless.

Yes. But hold onto your hat :

So will have about 20-30 tinkle heads trying to disrupt people going about their day.
They want to shut down the shop because of the revenue it generates and then will moan that the club doesn't spend money. We're dealing with a genius here...

have they expanded on what "getting the club back" means, they want a wholly fan owned enterprise, like ebbsfleet?

So will have about 20-30 tinkle heads trying to disrupt people going about their day.
They want to shut down the shop because of the revenue it generates and then will moan that the club doesn't spend money. We're dealing with a genius here...

its mostly familes that go into the store on match days, so probably ruining the day out of a load of poor kids, some of them on their birthdays too

these muppets really are thick as brick, meatheads scaring women and children

Getting our club back hahaha, was that the club that was in the CL level competition once in its 120 years previous? 2 league titles in 140 years? Ohhh that club, gotcha

People need to start being honest with themselves and outwardly, they don't want "our club back" they want a sugar daddy owner who will chuck billions at it, so call it that, thats fine, I might not agree with that but to want that but also say "I want my club back", well the two are not really for living in the same sentence.

Just call it what it is and then at least give credit to Levy for taking the club to where it is, anything else is seriously deluded and disingenuous

Last edited:
No. Every club should be self sufficient and not rely on owners putting money in to survive. Because when they stop the club can be in massive trouble.
So you at least agree that it isn’t ‘cheating’.

Shareholder capital investments are a bona-fide way to increase the size and valuation of any business. If and when an owner stops investing then expenditure can be adjusted down accordingly (or perhaps no need if revenues have been increased). FFP rules help stop clubs being in massive trouble.

I’m actually ok with cheat codes as that’s how the league is going
As soon as opened the door to debt laden ownership and foreign investors it became a dingdong swinging competition
Nothing is about doing it the right way or a sustainable way
I don’t think it’s ever really been TBF
I’d love us to win things without investment from a state but we can’t make that step up without it
It’s not even a cheat code. Staying the right side of the FFP line isn’t cheating. I just would’ve loved our club to have got somewhere close to it instead of being the club who were the furthest away from it in the whole league.

there is a logical leap here, with the "22 years of failure" thing, with that, they are saying, we'd have achieved more were Sugar still in charge

Yeh I would have loved another 20 years of "Carlos Kickaball" comments and using an absolute world class footballers shirt to clean his car, after it was him that wrote up the contract that allowed him to leave after one year

I am not a fan of Sugars time here, however if it was not for him taking the club over ( with a little help from El Tel) the chances are we would have had Maxwell as the owner and the finish of our club as we knew it.

I am not a fan of Sugars time here, however if it was not for him taking the club over ( with a little help from El Tel) the chances are we would have had Maxwell as the owner and the finish of our club as we knew it.
Of course, I will always be grateful for what he did.

Back