• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

The only teams in the PL who spend more than us are either using oil money or have crazy owners who are likely clueless (Chelsea). I'm generally happy with ENIC and you can see we do spend a bit more money now such as N'Dombele, Le Celso, Richie, Reguilon, Royal. Bissouma, Romero, Kulu, Bentacur were all £25m+ for example.

I think where we can improve is being a bit smarter with some of the signings which is Patrici's job and also being a little more daring - maybe that's not spending more money overall but being a bit more focused e.g. paying for the player the manager wants, going big to address a gap (Van Dijk).

Ultimately ENIC need to decide what they want, I think they're happy to be up there in the mix, getting regular CL football but they don't want to take the risk of going the extra mile for the trophies we fans want. Problem will come when inevitably we end up without CL football and also when Kane leaves or his form drops - he's covered so many cracks the last few years and I don't think we all appreciate that.

I feel the real fear for enic is a Leicester style season where we win one of the big pots and the expectations and demands will go through the roof.

No we repaid the loan as we had too
What we borrowed after that we will see in the figures
We eventually repaid the (COVID) loan when we had to (after first considering extending it for another year, this was an option), with more long term financing from the same group of companies we'd refinanced the stadium debt with. The two reasons we did this is 1. To tidy up our finances, as although the commercial interest rate from the Government was rock bottom, we had access to very low rates and long term. In hindsight thank GHod we did it when we did. 2. We borrowed extra to give Jose something to spend, all the COVID loan money had restrictions on what it could be spent on ie no transfers. It gave us liquidity (after fudge all income) and flexibility.

So much debt how much is going into building football vs non football assets?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Seeing as our debt is £850m and the stadium cost £1bn ish and we probably had to borrow 200m to ride out the COVID era....it's hard to see where any debt has accumulated on non football assets....when we're actually £350m into paying down footballing asset debt

Which of course now opens the door for the next gripe......

Interesting comments from Klopp today having is usual dig at the cheating clubs but for the first time he admitted that they have no choice but to join the party otherwise they will fall away.

I think this is it now after Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the fat idiot who has taken over chelsea, basically it has opened the flood gates and all top clubs are seeking ultra rich investors so they can cheat as well.

It’s fine to fall away for a bit, rebuild, come back have another go.

Always trying to be on it just feeds the arms race.

Klopps comments remind me of cyclists justifying their doping in the 90’s.

If you can’t win without cheating why do you want to win? It has no value.

Seeing as our debt is £850m and the stadium cost £1bn ish and we probably had to borrow 200m to ride out the COVID era....it's hard to see where any debt has accumulated on non football assets....when we're actually £350m into paying down footballing asset debt

Which of course now opens the door for the next gripe......

Stadium and training ground i believe came to £1.4bn. So we've paid down a fair chunk.

None of the debt is going into the football other than transfer related debt
Are you suggesting the club borrow more money to buy players?

Its all abit semantic though, because if the club continues to decide to carry heavier debt than it needs to in theory, whilst investing heavily into the squad, which we do then it all becomes effectively the same debt, the idea some fans try and separate it into what debt lies on assets and what lies on players does not matter other than if its point scoring, its all Tottenham Hotspurs debt

Interesting comments from Klopp today having is usual dig at the cheating clubs but for the first time he admitted that they have no choice but to join the party otherwise they will fall away.

I think this is it now after Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the fat idiot who has taken over chelsea, basically it has opened the flood gates and all top clubs are seeking ultra rich investors so they can cheat as well.

Clubs aren't sentient beings, Liverpool & Uniteds owners want to sell, nothing to do with wanting the clubs to cheat

Paratici in hot water in Italy. 2 year ban. Surely he gets sacked after that. More problems for the owners. We are a basket case club at the moment.

Back