• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Some of the tweets I’ve seen from the ENIC out phalanx remind me of Brexit

no one can propose an alternative but it will be better because levy is “parasite” and Lewis is stealing our money

for the planned protest they hire a bus and have on it £300m of our money could be spent on mending THFC

it’s mental and so divisive

Exactly that. It’s not that they have issues with Enic that’s fine there’s defiantly a point to be made at how the footballing side of the club is run.

The way they are trying to deliver that message is poor as you have pointed out.

Last edited:
This thread is worth a read for someone trying to bring a bit of common sense to things. Basically saying expecting ENIC to just walk away before they are ready to do so is pie in the sky, a waste of time and too divisive to get any real traction. Better to settle on a realistic message, then work out how to convey it in order to get more people on board.

I do notice, when I am stupid enough to venture into the comments on various tweets, that there do now seem to be more voices pushing back on the ENIC Out message, but as mentioned in the above tweet, twi tter is an echo chamber so if you are Enic out, it probably seems that there are more like-minded souls than there actually are.

Exactly that. It’s not that they issues with Enic that’s fine there’s defiantly a point to be made at how the footballing side of the club is run.

The way they are trying to deliver that message is poor as you have pointed out.
It’s not poor that bothers me
It’s the fact we don’t know what the alternative is but are expected to back it
You would have thought people would have learned

This thread is worth a read for someone trying to bring a bit of common sense to things. Basically saying expecting ENIC to just walk away before they are ready to do so is pie in the sky, a waste of time and too divisive to get any real traction. Better to settle on a realistic message, then work out how to convey it in order to get more people on board.

I do notice, when I am stupid enough to venture into the comments on various tweets, that there do now seem to be more voices pushing back on the ENIC Out message, but as mentioned in the above tweet, twi tter is an echo chamber so if you are Enic out, it probably seems that there are more like-minded souls than there actually are.

I think most fans would be happy with new owners (depending on who they are). Just that most realise (as the guy says) they're not going to walk away, someone has to make an offer that is acceptable. All the constant enic out messaging does is create a toxic atmosphere, which is not enjoyable and creates anger and resentment that can effect the team.

I think most fans would be happy with new owners (depending on who they are). Just that most realise (as the guy says) they're not going to walk away, someone has to make an offer that is acceptable. All the constant enic out messaging does is create a toxic atmosphere, which is not enjoyable and creates anger and resentment that can effect the team.
If we get taken over by yanks, probably a leverage, they will take half the profits, and spend the other half on the team. So they will put the club in bigger debt, and spend half what Levy does. Exactly what happens at Liverpool and Man U, they just have bigger incomes to halve. With Levy we are approaching parity. The real danger is the know-it-all entitled ENIC out thick clams.

If we get taken over by yanks, probably a leverage, they will take half the profits, and spend the other half on the team. So they will put the club in bigger debt, and spend half what Levy does. Exactly what happens at Liverpool and Man U, they just have bigger incomes to halve. With Levy we are approaching parity. The real danger is the know-it-all entitled ENIC out thick clams.

As i said, depending on who they are.

Needs a braver manager with vision
That first half yesterday was iMO a good and watchable even if we went in 0-0
I agree with you there regarding last night. That wasn't a bad performance last night. In that first half we put in a constant early press on City and then fell back into a defensive shape if the press didn't get a result. We played some decent stuff and got players forward in support of attacks (perhaps because we were naturally higher up the pitch in the press). The main reason we ended up losing the game because our left wing back is a really, really poor defender and Mahrez had him on toast last night. There are other issues of course in that our keeper is now well past his best, Son either has a severe loss of form and confidence or has also gone over the top (he isn't so old that it has to be the latter) and our middle centre back isn't good enough and doesn't play any positive part in the game for us either in an attacking or defensive sense, but even despite those issues we could easily have got a result away at Emirates Marketing Project last night.

Romero was excellent, Royal was very good, Kulusevski was excellent, Bentancur was excellent, PEH played very well and Davies also had a good game overall I thought. There definitely should be something there for the manager to think about in terms of how we should set up to play. The squad needs some surgery but we know that.... We're absolutely desperate for a decent centre back to play in the middle and of course we need a new first choice keeper, I think the latter probably has to wait until the summer but there are a whole bunch of centre backs FAR better than Dier who could be purchased this window. A right wing back who has good delivery would also help us, though I actually think Romero, Kulu and Royal play quite well together. on that side and it was evident that last night we were defensively sound on that side and produced most of our attacking threat from that side.

We're already leveraged.... The club is carrying about £1b of debt. Would be very difficult indeed (impossible I'd say) for somebody to take over Spurs using a leveraged buyout.

I agree with you there regarding last night. That wasn't a bad performance last night. In that first half we put in a constant early press on City and then fell back into a defensive shape if the press didn't get a result. We played some decent stuff and got players forward in support of attacks (perhaps because we were naturally higher up the pitch in the press). The main reason we ended up losing the game because our left wing back is a really, really poor defender and Mahrez had him on toast last night. There are other issues of course in that our keeper is now well past his best, Son either has a severe loss of form and confidence or has also gone over the top (he isn't so old that it has to be the latter) and our middle centre back isn't good enough and doesn't play any positive part in the game for us either in an attacking or defensive sense, but even despite those issues we could easily have got a result away at Emirates Marketing Project last night.

Romero was excellent, Royal was very good, Kulusevski was excellent, Bentancur was excellent, PEH played very well and Davies also had a good game overall I thought. There definitely should be something there for the manager to think about in terms of how we should set up to play. The squad needs some surgery but we know that.... We're absolutely desperate for a decent centre back to play in the middle and of course we need a new first choice keeper, I think the latter probably has to wait until the summer but there are a whole bunch of centre backs FAR better than Dier who could be purchased this window. A right wing back who has good delivery would also help us, though I actually think Romero, Kulu and Royal play quite well together. on that side and it was evident that last night we were defensively sound on that side and produced most of our attacking threat from that side.
They got no change down our right and it was our area of biggest threat
What I cannot fathom again is why conte is playing players that are way way way off form
Hugo is playing like a novice
Son is playing like a fan
Perrisic was poor but he has played some decent games this season which the other two haven’t (Hugo may have had some)
Dier I can’t argue with but i still think fix the man behind and we are better instantly
Fix CCB and it doesn’t chan be Hugo’s poor play and we still concede
The issue of course is what can you do in January. That remains to be seen
There are CBS available that we could get
I would prioritise that over wing back
I’d prioritise a keeper though
The Croat lad would be great, not expensive and gettable

Last edited:
We're already leveraged.... The club is carrying about £1b of debt. Would be very difficult indeed (impossible I'd say) for somebody to take over Spurs using a leveraged buyout.
I though the debt was nearer £650m
But I’m fully agree working the comments
Would not be a healthy club then for sure

They got no change down our right and it was our area of biggest threat
What I cannot fathom again is why conte is playing players that are way way way off form
Hugo is playing like a novice
Son is playing like a fan
Perrisic was poor but he has played some decent games this season which the other two haven’t (Hugo may have had some)
Dier I can’t argue with but i still think fix the man behind and we are better instantly
Fix CCB and it doesn’t chan be Hugo’s poor play and we still concede
The issue of course is what can you do in January. That remains to be seen
There are CBS available that we could get
I would prioritise that over wing back
I’d prioritise a keeper though
The Croat lad would be great, not expensive and gettable
Same.... I think a top quality keeper in/approaching his prime, a proper CCB who defends properly and can use the ball well and Richy starting instead of Son and we'd already be a decent team. Yes it could still be improved upon but we'd at least have the platform on top of which we could use the summer to add better first team players at LCB, RWB and perhaps LWB.

The only teams in the PL who spend more than us are either using oil money or have crazy owners who are likely clueless (Chelsea). I'm generally happy with ENIC and you can see we do spend a bit more money now such as N'Dombele, Le Celso, Richie, Reguilon, Royal. Bissouma, Romero, Kulu, Bentacur were all £25m+ for example.

I think where we can improve is being a bit smarter with some of the signings which is Patrici's job and also being a little more daring - maybe that's not spending more money overall but being a bit more focused e.g. paying for the player the manager wants, going big to address a gap (Van Dijk).

Ultimately ENIC need to decide what they want, I think they're happy to be up there in the mix, getting regular CL football but they don't want to take the risk of going the extra mile for the trophies we fans want. Problem will come when inevitably we end up without CL football and also when Kane leaves or his form drops - he's covered so many cracks the last few years and I don't think we all appreciate that.

Back