• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Encounters and Real Life Experiences with Spurs (and other players)

By chip it mayean a bag of something...

The guy on the pitch was arguably a perfect pro... Off the pox the he likes the stuff

I'm saying no more but he used to give a lift to an ex player I knew (the old school bunch know who I mean as he is hardly one to boast about knowing) when he joined wet spam and I saw a few social occasions where a certain person was doing a certain thing

Chip on his shoulder like he just couldn't be bothered to be around anyone. Almost an unhealthy arrogance. No eye contact, rude enough not to even face you when spoken to.
Came across like i owed him something ... i meet him a few times after that, due to going to the same football summer school as his son, charlie.

Once i recall charlie telling teddy that i was the best player in the school ... he just blanked me.

Moody unsociable and no decency or respect towards any that even tried to be nice. We were kids as well ...

By chip it mayean a bag of something...

The guy on the pitch was arguably a perfect pro... Off the pox the he likes the stuff

I'm saying no more but he used to give a lift to an ex player I knew (the old school bunch know who I mean as he is hardly one to boast about knowing) when he joined wet spam and I saw a few social occasions where a certain person was doing a certain thing

He was on the coke, sue me.

To be fair I've never seen the chap on drugs but i know some that used to go out in Loughton and gants hill that are adamant about it.

I did hear from someone i once worked with, who worked for a catering company that did some events at Spurs, say that there were two others who played for Spurs around similar times that used to do coke routinely after games. One was a homegrown goalie, the other was a continental favourite that was with us for 3 seasons...

Maybe it was common amongst many of our players at that time (just when down the road Wenger was ridding the Scum's squad of such vice..).
Would certainly explain the complete hit we were witnessing on the pitch those days

Nice thread, enjoyed reading a lot.

I haven't had anything with Spurs' players but I live in China and play in an amateur league here. We have a 7-a-side end of season tournament and in this one of the team's had Esteban Granero (ex Real now at Real Sociedad) playing for them as his brother studies in Shanghai and plays for this team and he was out here on holiday. Our club had three teams in the tournament and the other two teams had matches against him (mine didn't!). They said he wasn't trying that hard and even with him this team didn't even make the final. Bit tinkled I didn't get to play against him as would have liked to have seen how good he was up close and it would have made a good story. Seemed a nice unassuming guy though, sat and drank with their team afterwards. Sure his club didn't know he was mixing it up with amateurs but fair play he was!

They were throwing bottles and chairs

It was bonkers

This was a big high end nightclub

Doubt it would be the players as they tend to hang out (may have been some youth players or board members). The Halicarnosos in Bodrum is (or at least was) the second biggest open air club in the World (think the biggest is in Mexico). They prefer to not let the locals in so those who were in may have contacts. I remember my visit many moons ago... sitting at the bar chatting to the Aussie barmaid. Having downed 11 bottles of lager (and thinking - crikey I'm still sober!) I get off the stool to find the little movement allows the alcohol to actually get to my head. She started offering my orange juice thereafter haha.

Not really met any footballers (barring a brief encounter with Edgar Davids at the Jamaica Plantations in roosterfosters) but tend to meet actors. I'll save that for another thread.

Doubt it would be the players as they tend to hang out (may have been some youth players or board members). The Halicarnosos in Bodrum is (or at least was) the second biggest open air club in the World (think the biggest is in Mexico). They prefer to not let the locals in so those who were in may have contacts. I remember my visit many moons ago... sitting at the bar chatting to the Aussie barmaid. Having downed 11 bottles of lager (and thinking - crikey I'm still sober!) I get off the stool to find the little movement allows the alcohol to actually get to my head. She started offering my orange juice thereafter haha.

Not really met any footballers (barring a brief encounter with Edgar Davids at the Jamaica Plantations in roosterfosters) but tend to meet actors. I'll save that for another thread.

The lads we went in with we paid for and said they were with us. We had been playing footy with them at the hotel

Yeah it was Ferne players. My brother Could probably name them. It was exactly 20 years ago

I've met Erik Thorstvedt a couple of times - a true gent. Very nice and polite, always got time for fans, it seems.

Also met Steffen Iversen once, also seemed like a nice fellow.

I met Teemu Tainio with his dad and his son in the Spurs shop on White Hart Lane once too. They were all shopping Spurs gear (three generations of Spurs fans) - this was when Teemu had just become a Spurs-player. Even though I just had a very brief chat with them, he seemed like a very down to earth and nice chap.

Gazza - Just after he signed for us he was doing a signing session at Soccer Scene in Carnaby street. It was just me and my mate there. So he chatted to us for ages. A really nice guy and really friendly.

Sol Judas - At the Odeon at Picketts lock on his own. Said hi and well done as we had won the day before. he just looked at us and walked off. Sign of things to come I would say ;)

Teddy, Mabbutt, Howells - Must go against the grain here. After we beat the scum 3-1 at highbury in 93 they all came in the Corner Pin for pint with us. They were all very friendly and talkative. I

Sedgley - I was at the spurs shop and when I came out he was getting out of his car to go get some bits for kids I think. He stopped and chatted for a but. A really nice guy.

Paul Walsh - Coming out of Anfield. he stopped and chatted for a long time.

non Spurs:

Theo Walcott - About 2 months back outside New Look in hertford Town. Haning around outside with all his designer gear. Dont think he wanted to be seen inside of it. I did not speak to him but shouted 2-1 at him ;)

So basically nearly all the British/Irish lads are drunkards, who would have guessed!

And Teddy called his son "Charlie"... nice.

In June 2001 when Republic of Ireland came to Estonia for the 2002 World Cup qualifier, most of their squad went out after the game and me and my friends had a chance to get some autographs and photos with them. I still have a photo of Ian Harte and Robbie Keane (both playing for Leeds back then), Estonian goalie Mart Poom (then at Derby County), me and my mates. We, fans, were all pretty wasted, the players were probably only having a pint or two. All of them were very friendly and had time for their own fans as well as for us. And, I must admit rocking the socks off at that night with Irish fans was one of the highlights of my teenage years. :)

Last edited:
Nice thread, enjoyed reading a lot.

I haven't had anything with Spurs' players but I live in China and play in an amateur league here. We have a 7-a-side end of season tournament and in this one of the team's had Esteban Granero (ex Real now at Real Sociedad) playing for them as his brother studies in Shanghai and plays for this team and he was out here on holiday. Our club had three teams in the tournament and the other two teams had matches against him (mine didn't!). They said he wasn't trying that hard and even with him this team didn't even make the final. Bit tinkleed I didn't get to play against him as would have liked to have seen how good he was up close and it would have made a good story. Seemed a nice unassuming guy though, sat and drank with their team afterwards. Sure his club didn't know he was mixing it up with amateurs but fair play he was!

This reminds me of an old school player who I did play against. Back in the early 90s I worked for Mercury Communications, and they ran an intra-site company eleven-a-side tournament. I was playing for the Brentford Mercury team against Chart Street Mercury. The team members all had to be employees of the company. At the time, Chart Street's centre half was none other than Ralph Coates! I was a relatively quick, unskillful footies player in my youth, and RC must have been about fifty. He played the game on a different level to everyone else on the pitch even though he was about fifty. I didn't get a look in all day, he was just incredibly strong and intimidating even if a little slow in pace! We lost, they won, and he was a top man in the bar afterwards. He said if I had told him I was a Spurs fan he'd have let me score one!

Colin Calderwood - Wound down his car window on the way home from the game and signed an autograph for me.

Teddy Sheringham - Signed his name but begrudgingly, barely acknowledged me.

Vinnie Jones - My uncle used to play for Wimbledon in the same team as him so I've met him a couple of times. Nice enough guy, but I was a kid, I wouldn't particularly care to meet him now given what a nutcase he is.

Kieron Dyer - Him and Craig Bellamy were wondering around Islands of Adventure in Orlando about 12 years ago whilst I was there, Dyer posed for a photo, didn't say much but was happy to do it. He was walking around with his shirt off though which I find incredibly chavvy. Bellamy was with his kid to be fair so he didn't get in the picture

Colin Calderwood - Wound down his car window on the way home from the game and signed an autograph for me.

Teddy Sheringham - Signed his name but begrudgingly, barely acknowledged me.

Vinnie Jones - My uncle used to play for Wimbledon in the same team as him so I've met him a couple of times. Nice enough guy, but I was a kid, I wouldn't particularly care to meet him now given what a nutcase he is.

Kieron Dyer - Him and Craig Bellamy were wondering around Islands of Adventure in Orlando about 12 years ago whilst I was there, Dyer posed for a photo, didn't say much but was happy to do it. He was walking around with his shirt off though which I find incredibly chavvy. Bellamy was with his kid to be fair so he didn't get in the picture

You think you can drop a little grenade like that without giving more names/details??
Or did you think no-one would notice?:D

He was bloody scary at school... Oxhey Infants 1972-75... but his big sister Julie was even harder! He was in Mrs Fox's class!

Back