• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Encounters and Real Life Experiences with Spurs (and other players)

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
If there isn't a thread for this already id be interested to learn of your experiences with Spurs players.

I go Las Vegas every year which is a common visit for many premiership players and have come across a few players over the years.

This June just gone ( I was there June 4th for 8days):
I saw Aaron Lennon, Stambouli and Zeki Fryers. Also met Pepe Reina, Albert Riera and Puncheon.

In other years I've met Jenas and Hutton plus Walcott, Chamakh, Ashley Young. Im sure ill remember others.

This June

Lennon was on our flight with his mates all in economy.
Puncheon was also on our flight with his own mates. Puncheon was by himself in first class. He (at least for what we saw, don't want to judge him from one experience) had a massive attitude and was rude to airport staff, we didn't bother trying to speak to him. Didn't seem like an approachable guy.

We saw Lennon, Stambouli and Fryers at the same club at the same night with their own respective groups/tables. Neither of them spoke to each other once throughout the night (team spirit? make of that what you will)
Lennon and his group were mixing it with Puncheons group.

Lennon - we all got pictures with. His group actually approached us saying they remembered us from the flight. They were all really really nice and Lennon was happy to take pictures with us.
I can say more (am I allowed to?) but lets just say he got completely wasted

Stambouli - seemed really reserved (and handsome), kept himself to himself so we left them to it.

Fryers - was with a very intimidating group. Fryers wasn't doing much himself but the guy he was next to all night (massive guy) was constantly throwing dollar bills into the crowd. Again - we didn't want to approach them.

Pepe Reina was with Riera. Reina was the funniest guy we've ever met. He was constantly ripping it out of Riera telling us that we are the first people to ever recognise him and nobody ever knows who he is. He also said he's staying in Napoli because of the "shape of the womens "v*g*nas"
They were with us for a while and gave us a group photo.

More to follow.

Last edited:
I helped out with community work for work experience - painted a kids play group.
Was supposed to go back to school one day for evaluation - but the school let me go to grand opening if the play group instead as it was being opened by Ray Clemence.

A year or so later, I was working in a sports shop and Stephen Clemence brought a pair of canvas Umbro trainers from me. He wanted blue, we only had white. Wears too much aftershave.

In that same summer Ntossno Kanu also brought some trainers - not for him, they were size 7 or something. But he choose the cheapest, ugliest, no name trainers - and they illuminous green and orange. Nice guy though.

The year I met Hutton and Jenas I shook Huttons hand and asked if Modric was leaving. He said he didn't know. I said whilst looking at Jenas that he can go if he wants but not Modric. They both laughed and saw the funny side.

I met Ashley Young at a restaurant in London. He was with his mrs. I was in a big group and we got him to come sit with us while she used the toilet. He was not like I expected at all. Very humble and just blended in with us. After that every other table was harassing him all night for pictures etc and he was very patient and friendly with everybody. Really nice guy.
My mate who supports UTD asked him about LVG and he said "yeah he's wicked" then he asked him about Moyes he said "nah she's sh*t".

I've met a lot of players through work and knowing a few ex players

Best ones I've met:

Rio Ferdinand, remembered us from before and was friendly
Defoe - couldn't go out of his way enough to meet my mates kids and my nephew
crouch - just takes the tinkle out of himself

The worst:

Sheringham - named his son after activities he got up to in pubs, bars etc...
Les Ferdinand - simply didn't even want to speak to anyone
Anton Ferninand - thought he was something he cekarly wasn't and this was when he was 16

I used to work at Bluewater so I'd often see footballers and minor celebs around the place. I'm not one to go up to speak to them but I've seen Zola, Defoe and O'Hara. I did speak with Michael Dawson once when he was buying a few things from the store I worked in, but that was quite soon after he had signed.

The best one I missed out on though was John Terry. Apparently (this is according to various people who were there on the day) he was there not long after the news of his affair and was pretty much booed by various people as he made his way around the place.

I met Darren Anderton and Sol Campbell at South Woodford train station in 1999, Sol was a prick and didn't speak to us. Darren was very friendly.

I met Scott Parker 3 years ago at Bicester Village. Surprised he shopped there with his money. But he stopped and had photos with us. Nice guy.

Met a few while working in the computer game area Hamleys toy shop in London
  • Paul Ince who was with Roberto Mancini - two of them had the giggles, a good laugh
  • Jordi Cruyff who I spent 2 hours playing FIFA with on one of the demo machines
  • David Seaman who was a grumpy sod
  • Darren Anderton who chatted with me for ages
  • Marcel Desailly who I managed to flog Connect 4 to, another top bloke
  • Tony Adams who was actually very pleasant
  • Teddy Sherringham very aloof and a bit arrogant

Have met Erik Thorstvedt once. Very nice and friendly, had a chat about Spurs, and he signed my shirt - even wrote COYS on it. Good guy.

Also spoke to Leonhardsen quite a few years back. Shy but friendly. He has a cabin near my parents place, so we chatted about our place of origin for a while - he said he didn't consider managing my local, Norwegian 6th division side though...

Had a very enjoyable, sunny few hours drinking El Cartel with Steffen Iversen and his lovely, lovely wife (not as hot close up) in Little Venice one afternoon.

Used to eat in the same restaurant as Niko and a load of other Portsmouth players when he was there - an absolute gent who always had two women with him. Defoe used to eat there but was a bit quiet and very clean living - didn't have a drink even when the others did.

David James is just funny. He has a very dry sense of humour and doesn't take himself at all seriously (very refreshing in a footballer).

Winner of the nicest footballer ever award goes to Linvoy Primus. I've never seen someone so happy to keep interrupting his meal for photos, autographs and chats with local kids. I've seen people queue up at his table whilst he was half way through his main course and he gave time to every single one of them without a smile leaving his face.

At the other end of the scale is Teddy. It pains me to say it because he was a hero of mine but I made the mistake of going out to one of those "footballers and slags" clubs once and he was a complete cvnt. Had no time to talk to anyone at all and even took the tinkle with his mates about a young lad that wanted his autograph.

Echoing what has been said above, it's surprising how many footballers shop in Bicester. I suspect that it's because all the shops are so close together and it's away from the London press. The only other place I know where the shops are so close is on the Avenue Montaigne but I suspect they are still not very welcoming to footballer types. I met Wayne Bridge and his wife (if my internal thoughts about her were public I'd be in prison) there once. I think they might both be a little bit retarded.

Also saw Iker Casillas in Burberry there (no I don't buy their terrible chequered stuff). He was over to see an English club but wouldn't tell me which. Seems to be pretty certain to move here though as he's just bought a brand new Range Rover Sport with a private plate.

Met John Terry in a hotel once - stopped for a chat as I was with a Chelsea fan. As much as it pains me to say it, he seemed like an OK bloke. Not particularly chatty but very professional and smiled for photos, etc.

I'm sure there are others but the sad thing is that footballers don't tend to be all that memorable. Much like anyone who gets to the top of their field, their dedication tends to make them a bit boring.

Just remembered - met Ledley and Sullivan briefly after a reserves match that they were using to get back to fitness. Both very professional and happy to meet people. Some fan had travelled down from London and missed the last train home. They arranged for her to ride back on the coach with them. Nice lads.

I met marcel desaille on stringfellows. He was in there with his wife who didn't speak much English

He said thy went there as they never got any harassment (the exact opposite of what in used to in that type of place)

He signed a reserved card for me and said I would t show the missus... So I rang her and put her on the phone to him

I used to bump into Ramon Vega quite often when he was at Spurs, he was dating a girl who lived opposite my business in Notting Hill . After she introduced us I would regularly see him and he never failed to stop for a chat. Really nice guy, humble, down to earth and always up for a few words. It was obvious that he knew that he wasn't a fan favorite so I would do everything I could to cheer him up and encourage him.

I had a nice drink with Ray Clemence in the players lounge after a League Cup game against Portsmouth, I was with a mate of Gary Stanley and Kenny Swains brother (scouser), it was the week after Kevin Keegan was not allowed in as the bloke on the door didn't know him, so we thought it was funny. Clem liked a drink and we were the last people left in there.

Four years ago met Terry Medwin on holiday, him and his wife were lovely people, he had lots of great stories and really loves Tottenham, he walked round with his Spurs baseball cap on all the time. He comes up to games regularly and does the meet and greet at Tottenham and Swansea

Most recently met Gary mabbutt in the gym which I put up on here. Top bloke and had a good 10 min chat with him

Going back over the years I've met

Gomes - in the gym with his wife and is very friendly. When we used to see each other he would always wave at me.

Ohara- met him when he met Danielle Lloyd in faces. Seems to be and alright bloke. Also saw him in the gym recently and he said he was going Fulham (if he hasn't already)

Tom Huddlestone and Alan Hutton were both at faces club and Hutton was wasted. Huddlestone was just as bad and didn't want to wait for a drink so he took the bar equipment and poured his own. My mate slapped his hand and said hey as a joke. He was so tinkled he didn't care.

Met Defoe once in a west end club. He fancied this girl I was with that night ( not my girl) he was really friendly and just stood around with his mates. His mates where high fiving me for some reason.

Also met Martin Jol in the gym he was about to play tennis with his daughters. I said hi and he replied " hi man' seemed friendly enough. My mate also saw him recently while he was pounding the treadmill. He called my mate a good athlete.

Years ago Chris Armstrong randomly turned up for a boxing match at my mates house. Didn't stay and left with his mates.

Years ago I used to Bunk school and watch spurs train. I ran on the training pitch once to speak to Ginola. He was a great guy and said he would meet me at the front gate because if I get seen I will get in trouble. He is my favourite player and a top top bloke. Had many chats with him.

Steven Carr - dingdong head moody prick. Saw him at a free season friendly and he ignored us all.

Tried to talk to les Ferdinand once but he was busy with an attractive women. He asked her to meet him by the gate. Lol

Seen shearingham around but not spoken to him. Seems very arrogant.

Seems like everyone who's met Sheringham thinks he's a bit of a c**t. Sad to hear that but perhaps explains why Andy Cole never liked him!

The first player I met was in 2004 (or 03?) when I was about eleven. Was actually David Seaman! Was at a chitty chitty bang bang musical (of all places!) which my mum had got to take me and my younger sister to for free on a work trip. A gooner from my mums work pointed him out and I was to nervous to go but in the end plucked up the courage. I walked up to him trembling all over and said "are you David Seaman" to which he burst out laughing and said yes he was. He signed autographs for me and about fifteen other kids. Seemed like a nice bloke.

Only other footballers I've met were in 2011 when I was a 17 year old lad drinking cans of Stella with my mates. Turned out West Ham were staying at a local hotel as they were at a team bonding event and they'd been at a nightclub that we were waling past.

The first I met was Wayne Bridge and he was nice enough to sign autographs but seemed in a rush to jump in the taxi.

The second was Rob Green, I'd never liked him as he'd seemed like a dingdong on TV. My mate said he wanted Green's autograph and I said "Don't I bet he's a nobhead". My mate went over and Green (tinkled out' his head) said "Nah because you've got those" pointing at the cans. After hearing this I proceeded to question his muck up against the USA whilst he was getting in his taxi.

The third was Robbie Keane which was like a dream come true. I screamed out "Robbie!" like a little girl and he came over and said "Ahh so you've got some beers have you boys" I asked him if he wanted the half a can I had on me to which he said yes and proceeded to share a beer with us whilst we asked him all sorts of random stuff! Like a true Irishman!

I also saw Carlton Cole that night and because I was a drunk seventeen year old kid I shouted "Carlton, Carlton" untill he looked my way and then added "You're a c**t!". Not one of my proudest moments but there you are

We then went to outside the hotel they were staying at, singing anti West-Ham songs and all of a sudden some big black fella who looked the spitting image of Victor Obina came chasing after us along with a skinny white feller. Me and my mate legged it thinking Obina was about to batter us. We got chased about 500 meteres but he was so fast he caught up with us and our lungs gave out. Turned out it was a West Ham youth product who I'd read about, he'd been sought after by us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Fulham at points.

Before he let us know who he was I panted and sucked in Oxygen and said "Just do whatever you're going to do". His reply was "Mate, I don't want to hurt you! I was just wondering if you've got a lighter we can use!"

Never had so may stories to tell from one night!

Forgot to mention..

Turns out Alexi Sanchez lives about 5-10 from me. I saw him in my local Steakhouse a nice enough place/area (nw London suburb) but not somewhere you'd expect to see a World Cup star. I mentioned to the waitress do they realise who is here. She said "yes he lives round the corner, was here Christmas Day and never tips"
I secretly took a picture of him on my phone to send to my Arsenal mates, he caught me and gave me the worst look I've ever seen and continued to give me dirty looks all day till we left.

I also see Ozil, Podolski and Gnabry alot. Ozil eats/plays cards at this place ( again a run of the mill high st grill ) all the time. He signed my mates football once - my mate asked him to write a message but he said " I just sign". the place is turkish run so I guess he's comfortable there.

Many years ago I Saw Vieira, Pires and Petit in Wagamamas behind Selfridges. They were eating and although nobody would approach them and my gf at the time said to let them eat I asked them to sign something for my mates little brother who wasn't well. They all obliged. Looking back I was probably quite rude and remember the looks on their faces thinking I was out of order for disturbing their dinner but they didn't make a fuss and wrote what I asked them to write.

NIcest footballer I've met is Peter Beardsley. Saw him in Westfield with his family. Was very friendly and had a chat whilst walking and shopping.

Last edited:
When the iPad 2 came out my company were dealing with their distributions with Harrods. One of our drivers fell ill and we needed a replacement sharpish do I volunteered. I delivered iPads to the following in one evening:

Ryan Giggs. His house is fudging palatial and at least a 2 minute walk from the gate to his front door. He came to the door when I eventually got there and asked me why I hadn't driven from the gate. My sheepish reply was I didn't realise his house was so big.., what a tit! He received 4 iPads.

Glen Johnson. This was an odd one as he lives in a posh (obviously) area of southport and parked inside the gates was a security guard in a mondeo. Told me his job was to just sit there all night keeping an eye out and that LFC employed quite a few in the same capacity. Glen came out and invited me in and i grabbed the stuff with the security guard and went in. His house is big but nowhere near Ryan Giggs'. He received 2 iPads some shoes a Chanel suit and 24 Krispy Kremes believe it or not.

Shaun Wright-Philips. Nice house nice bloke very chatty and tiny! Asked who had received iPads before him (it was launch day) and was tinkled when I mentioned Giggs and Johnson. He got one iPad. He calmed down when i said he wasn't last, Fabian Delph was.

Fabian Delph. Small apartment in the middle of Birmingham. At first he refused to come down and sign so I said I was taking them back as they needed signing for. He came down and was fairly polite. He received 4 iPads

Also years ago I met the United team walking through the airport. It was weird as I remember them walking in 2s like you would in the tunnel before a game. I was quite excited to see them and I was with all my school mates. I went up to Andy Cole and shouted Andy coooooole and put my hands out. He then slapped down on my hands in the way of a greeting not being a prick.

Also met Franco at the gym the former West Ham and Mexico striker. Me and my mate where talking to him. He couldn't understand my friend as he was talking so fast. Told him to calm down and I ended up speaking for my friend haha. He was a nice bloke. The second time I saw him I caught him in the car park of the gym checking out the flowers in the bush. Seemed to be quite a lonely figure.

Last edited:
I met Dani once (ex Ajax and West Ham) in a bat in Amsterdam. Really quiet bloke

Strangest ones was me and some mates were in a club called Halicarnos in Turkey with some Turkish lads we had met. They introduced us to some Fernabache players (no idea who). It was an open air nightclub with a helli pad and a helicopter flew in. Then all hell broke lose as it was Galatasaray team and it was a Ferne place.. Chairs were being thrown at the helicopter and two of the guys we saw we're Ferne players

Back