• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Encounters and Real Life Experiences with Spurs (and other players)

Steven Carr - dingdong head moody prick. Saw him at a free season friendly and he ignored us all.

I can vouch for this one. Saw him years ago, said hi Steve and he just grunted and walked off ... maybe he prefers Stephen.

Saw Kyle Walker at an u18 game last season, didn't speak with him but he seemed to be getting on well with everyone.

Echo what scara said about Linvoy Primus. Saw him at a church talk once and he just seemed like one of the happiest guys, totally aware that he was being paid to do something that millions would love to do and therefore was pleased to give of his time.

I met Dani once (ex Ajax and West Ham) in a bat in Amsterdam. Really quiet bloke

Strangest ones was me and some mates were in a club called Halicarnos in Turkey with some Turkish lads we had met. They introduced us to some Fernabache players (no idea who). It was an open air nightclub with a helli pad and a helicopter flew in. Then all hell broke lose as it was Galatasaray team and it was a Ferne place.. Chairs were being thrown at the helicopter and two of the guys we saw we're Ferne players

Do you mean the Fernabache players were joining in with throwing chairs at the helicopter? I'm not sure whether to feel admiration or disgust at that! Can imagine how surreal it must have felt though.

Michael Carrick / the summer he moved from Vest Ham to us, but before he had signed, i was on my honeymoon, and he was there with his now wife, Lisa.
This was Euro 2004, and his Mrs politely asked where we could watch the England / France game!
We said they could join us :D. Found the only bar on the island of Bahamas and it was rammed! He walks in 30 seconds before KO, and it was full of brits pointing him out. Lad who I had befriended at the hotel sends him up a beer and he returns the beers back.
We draw the game 2-2 after being in the lead, and because of the time difference, it's still early doors, so I suggest an "all dayer" back at the hotel to drown our sorrows. Half expected him to decline it, but we ended up getting smashed with him and his Mrs, plus the other couple, for about 5 or 6 hours!
No pics of me, as it was just before camera phones, and selfies would have made me cringe, although I have one or 2 pics of the girls.
He was a good lad, liked a beer and said David James was a weirdo and Peter Crouch was one of his good mates, and PC was the funniest bloke in football!
Kevin Philips was also at the same hotel, he was also a top top fella and very approachable.

oh and Tim Sherwood about 3 days before Harry got the boot. He was in same hotel and was as good as gold, very friendly and approachable. Fit Mrs and she was nice with it.

Non Spurs, but I met Titus Bramble and Charles N'Zogbia on a night out at Uni in Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Both absolute gents. We were all in fancy dress (as you do) for someones birthday. Bramble asked me why we were in fancy dress and I told him it was someones birthday, I pointed the birthday boy out and he shouted over asking him what he wanted to drink. My mate shouted back, then he turned to me and asked what we were drinking and how many of us there were. Told him Double Vodka and Lemonade, about 20 of us. He turned to the barmaid, '20 Double Vodka and lemonade please'. Bought us about 3 or 4 rounds. I told him my mate was a better centre half than him, he laughed and said, yeh but he's not earning 40 grand a week.

N'Zogbia was a bit quieter and wasn't drinking but did give my mate a lift home. My mate claims to this day that he came in for a game of Pro Evo.

Also met Brian O'driscoll and Shay Given. O'driscoll came accross as an absolute bellend (and I'm an Irish Rugby fan), Given was dead on, but wouldn't allow any pictures as he was out with a stomach injury and probably didn't want anyone to know he was out on the tear.

Last edited:
Do you mean the Fernabache players were joining in with throwing chairs at the helicopter? I'm not sure whether to feel admiration or disgust at that! Can imagine how surreal it must have felt though.

They were throwing bottles and chairs

It was bonkers

This was a big high end nightclub

Met Billy McNeill, Jim Brogan & Peter McCormack on holiday in Malaga 1982, World Cup was on at time and they went to the games, they were very friendly and joined in all the pool games and football, our kids all played together. It was amazing to see how keen they were to avoid "The Tartan Army", twice they left the pool area when some "Jocks" came in.

Was at a Junior Spurs open day in the mid 90s (maybe 11 years old at this point) and it was my groups turn to go and meet the players and get some autographs. Made it happily to the end of the line, then saw Ronny Rosenthal sitting on the grass bank in front of the pavilion away from the rest of the players.

'Hi Ronny, your hattrick against Southampton in the cup was amazing! I have it recorded on video and like to watch it again and again! Can I have your autograph please?'
'No, go away. I'm waiting for my lunch to arrive.'

Never watched that VHS again.

Met Billy McNeill, Jim Brogan & Peter McCormack on holiday in Malaga 1982, World Cup was on at time and they went to the games, they were very friendly and joined in all the pool games and football, our kids all played together. It was amazing to see how keen they were to avoid "The Tartan Army", twice they left the pool area when some "Jocks" came in.
Used to stay next door to billy McNeills pub in Glasgow, absolute gentleman, and that's from a former rangers supporter.

I met Les Ferdinand in the Pitcher and Piano in Chiswick early one evening in the summer he signed for us. He was on his own at the bar, as was I and I welcomed him to Spurs... he bought me a drink and chatted about how pleased he was to be coming back to London. Really friendly guy, and not as tall as I was expecting. Nice guy. On the other hand I had the misfortune to meet Ruel Fox in Alpe d'Huez years ago... and I didn't recognise me at first and he started giving it large about how I was a crap Spurs fan as if I should recognise him instantly (thhis was in pre Sky, pre wall to wall footie in the media. What an arrogant rooster!

Away from Spurs I met Dean Richards (the rugby player) just after he had been banned for blood gate and sacked... on a plane to Geneva. He was a massive unit, very friendly, and drank with me ad my mate all the way over... I didn't dare ask about blood gate though! If he had taken offence he would have done me damage as he was HUGE!

Had a great experience last summer at the Seattle Sounders preseason match. I went up there with a bunch of San Francisco Spurs, and we had a meetup with all the other (mostly west coast-based) supporters clubs. Ledley and Freund were both there at a supporters' event at the pub the night before the match, and were very friendly and approachable. They conducted a Q&A, but unlike the rest of the staff on site, stayed, chatted, and had drinks with us until pretty late. Awesome time, and just another reason I love this club!

IMG_1909.JPG IMG_1910.JPG

Met Dennis Wise on the plane out to Ibiza on a Stag do back in 2009. He was a bit of a bellend to me so I didn't get on with him but my mates did.
Did the UEFA Level 2 Coaching badge with Stuart Nethercott, top bloke, funny and just a really nice guy. Now friends with him on FB!
Asked John Terry for an autograph at Stamford Bridge Celebs 5 a side in the stands. Probably back in 2002/3. Asked him to sign my ticket which said "fancy a night out on the pi55 with me and my mates?" just before his court case for the bouncer fight thing. He crossed through it and said he's not signing that. Looked pretty pi55ed off.
Eriksen - few months ago outside my work. Got a pic with him in the pooring rain, asked his fit mrs to hold my slip case for me.
Mick McCarthy, pi55ed up on a train home one night and spoke to him for about 30 mins. He was really nice. Can't remember what I was talking about. Got a photo of that somewhere too.

Attachments

• Mick Mcarthy.jpg
    Mick Mcarthy.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Eriksen.jpg
    Eriksen.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Through my work I have met a number of Spurs players over the last couple of years and been in their company for a decent amount of time for a chat at their homes about their technology needs (mobile phones, AV setup, laptops etc) .. I have to be careful what I put really as still doing some work..

Didier Zokora - Knew him pretty well, top guy, used to get me tickets for the games, players lounge (some from a season ticket in Jol's name)

Also met and spent a good few hours/days with Berbatov, Ryan Fredericks, Jol, King, Bale, Huddlestone, Kane, Dawson, Lennon, Ekotto, Matt Jarvis, David Luiz, Torres, Drogba, Ross Turnball also involved in work on Levys place in Zurich/Geneva.

Chris Armstrong at Kfc .... absolute legend.

Teddy Sheringham a few times, always a rooster ... real chip on his shoulder.

Tom huddlestone late night at Woodford Tesco, munching on a all day brekkie sandwich ... just shouted "tommy!" as i walked by and he grinned.

Bobby Zamora, nice guy, but he was on his best behaviour i would presume since his old dear was with him. Shy and respectful.

Chris Armstrong at Kfc .... absolute legend.

Teddy Sheringham a few times, always a rooster ... real chip on his shoulder.

Tom huddlestone late night at Woodford Tesco, munching on a all day brekkie sandwich ... just shouted "tommy!" as i walked by and he grinned.

Bobby Zamora, nice guy, but he was on his best behaviour i would presume since his old dear was with him. Shy and respectful.

Interesting; many seem to have said Teddy is a bell-piece but you seem the first to mention him "having a chip on his shoulder".
Can you go into more detail about that? Why do you say that?

Back