• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

would like to get to the bottom of this but while i know defoe isn't the brightest of the lot, it seems nigh impossible for him to be that dumb to criticise the manager like that.

This. Who are these firms people are afraid of getting the sack from if they have to take medically certified time off? They wouldn't be allowed to; you can't just sack people for being ill. I was signed off for three months when I suffered an episode of depression and anxiety with similar causes a couple of years ago. It was no issue whatsoever for my employers and they were absolutely brilliant towards me.

Who knows what the specifics are in Adebayor's case, but one assumes there's a dialogue going on and he hasn't just gone AWOL. Time will tell; if there are deeper issues for him personally and he needs to seek help, well then it'll be none of our business and we'll probably just have to try and understand and be patient.

Well put and kudos to you for being so open and honest about something too many people still needlessly hide away!

There's also a massive difference between a normal job and performing as a top athlete. People that are sad and upset go into work and do a decent job and that's fine, often that's all that's required in a workplace. Not quite the same as a footballer as well all know.

We need him. Come on Ade. Apologies or whatever. I want to see him playing again. He can still contribute. Need his experience, technical ability, height, and...lankiness!

I completely agree. But he just appears so out of touch with the common fan it's untrue.

It will be a long hard season. The intensity already is crazy with cup final like games on the weekends and euro footie during the week. We'll need all the quality and depth we can get.

If Ade puts the ball in the net he'll start to get back in touch. He can be awesome or completely opposite utterly sh it. He is always going to be like that.

But we saw today the effect of having fresh quality players coming on. Come on Ade - lets see you lean, keen and tucking the ball away.

It will be a long hard season. The intensity already is crazy with cup final like games on the weekends and euro footie during the week. We'll need all the quality and depth we can get.

If Ade puts the ball in the net he'll start to get back in touch. He can be awesome or completely opposite utterly sh it. He is always going to be like that.

But we saw today the effect of having fresh quality players coming on. Come on Ade - lets see you lean, keen and tucking the ball away.

LOL Please tell me your not old enough to tie your shoe laces yet. ;)

Potentially a massive boost for us if he is involved today and looks decent or better.

Not holding my breath for him to be involved though.

flapper - I thought he is training with the kids as he had no pre-season because of the death of his brother? If so your question "don't you feel embarrassed to be behind Kane in the pecking order" doesn't make sense.

I don't like the guy's attitude and I want to sell him, but I don't think your question is fair at this stage of the season.

braineclipse - has he even been involved in training with the first team yet?

flapper - I thought he is training with the kids as he had no pre-season because of the death of his brother? If so your question "don't you feel embarrassed to be behind Kane in the pecking order" doesn't make sense.

I don't like the guy's attitude and I want to sell him, but I don't think your question is fair at this stage of the season.

braineclipse - has he even been involved in training with the first team yet?

No idea. Just thinking that there's a chance of him being in the squad at least considering our ridiculous fixture list and the injuries we have.

"Next [weekend], you will be ahead of me" could just be his way of saying he'll be in the team tonight. He might just have been pulling your leg; no need for an overreaction.

Considering the original comment from flapper to Ade I think not asking for an overreaction is asking too much.

"Next [weekend], you will be ahead of me" could just be his way of saying he'll be in the team tonight. He might just have been pulling your leg; no need for an overreaction.

Not a big point but I'm just wondering how that means he is saying he will be in the team tonight? Trying to work that out in my head and I just can't!

I think people want the idea of Ade more than the player. AVB is no fool, if Ade was doing extra training to get his fitness up or was showing real desire even in the reserve training, he'd be back already. Ade couldnt care less about the fans hence his super celebration against Arsenal and even posting that pic with life is good was just plain dumb, certainly so soon after his brothers death.

Even in interviews during preseason, he said he'd nothing to prove this season despite last years debacle. His character is too weak and I dont think AVB or any coach could get anything out of someone who cant or wont fight back when under pressure or when challenged to do better has no response. Look at how AVB praised Sigi for not giving up. The only think Ade fights for is payoffs from clubs who realise too late they've been duped.

I'm a bit confused. Is Ade saying next weekend farancell will also be ahead of him in the pecking order? Or in other words, an internet random (sorry...figure of speech) has more chance of getting picked. Hmm..that doesn't sound good to me.

I'm a bit confused. Is Ade saying next weekend farancell will also be ahead of him in the pecking order? Or in other words, an internet random (sorry...figure of speech) has more chance of getting picked. Hmm..that doesn't sound good to me.

I think its more of an insult in a kind of "I am a footballer, who are you?"

I think its more of an insult in a kind of "I am a footballer, who are you?"

I read it the way Rorschach does, I don't think it is an insult, he's more poking fun at the situation and saying there is no chance of him whatsoever getting picked.

Back