• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Admittedly not many aside from today and always seeming to pick up a knock before a Europa League game.

If you honestly think he's changed then fair enough I don't blame you. But sadly he's always going to be a bit lacking mentally.

If he can change, then I'm all for him staying, but I don't think he will.

So what do you mean by your "how many more chances does this guy want?" comment?

If he can't change then why only this one real fudge up in over a season with us on loan and after his permanent move?

I'm not going to overly criticise him today. He was hungry, he really wanted this. They were petrified of him to be fair.

Cazorla rolled around 3 times. Any player seriously hurt doesn't roll. So he rolled all over the place, Wheelchair stepped up to tell the ref 'red card' Bale went to protect Ade, Wheelchair gets a hand on Bale's face from what I saw and doesn't get anything, Ade gets sent-off...it was not a smart challenge, but it was a striker's challenge and I think a yellow card that early in the game would've been justifiable. It handed the filth everything...

It was a pure red mate. Now a ref may well use his initiative and give a yellow (as it is a NLD) but we cant complain he gave the red.

We've been missing a player like Adebayor, someone who won't take brick and will get stuck in and get in players faces. Every team has that one prick.

Cazorla rolled around 3 times. Any player seriously hurt doesn't roll. So he rolled all over the place, Wheelchair stepped up to tell the ref 'red card' Bale went to protect Ade, Wheelchair gets a hand on Bale's face from what I saw and doesn't get anything, Ade gets sent-off...it was not a smart challenge, but it was a striker's challenge and I think a yellow card that early in the game would've been justifiable. It handed the filth everything...

I'm sorry, but I'm not having this "it was only in the first 20 minutes" arguement. I don't care what minute the foul occured in, why should it matter? A red card offence is a red card offence. If a scum player had done that to one of our players at the lane, we'd be screaming for a red card too. The Arsenal players reactions certainly didn't help us, but what else would you expect from Jack Wheelchair?

All you mugs calling for this qunt to play should go and take a looooong hard look in the mirror. This tossstain should never wear the shirt again. Gooner filth. It's the only conclusion.

I'm sorry, but I'm not having this "it was only in the first 20 minutes" arguement. I don't care what minute the foul occured in, why should it matter? A red card offence is a red card offence. If a scum player had done that to one of our players at the lane, we'd be screaming for a red card too. The Arsenal players reactions certainly didn't help us, but what else would you expect from Jack Wheelchair?

One of my pet hates in football. I hear the phrase 'If that foul hadnt been in the first few minutes it would have been yellow'

As you say, if the offence merits a yellow or a red, it should matter whether its the 5th minute or 85th minute.

No complaints from me today on the red card, mistimed or not, I'm afraid he had to go

Jurgen - yes i do think he is a changed man and i have not seen one thing to suggest otherwise - even the red card today, a stupid reckless challenge, but was it one made in an attempt to hurt the other player or was it just over eagerness to do well now that he is back in the team and in a game against a side he has history with ? he went for the ball 100% imv

don't agree on work rate at all - he was one of our most hard working players last season and even if he was a little shy in terms of goals at times he was constantly involved all over the opponents half, working hard making space for others, getting involved in build up and play and making chances for his team mates. also his defensive work at corners should not be over looked

do i think he's worth it talent wise ? worth what ? he's a great player, one of the best in our squad and one that we look so much better with than without - no reason at all to not have him in the side

might be worth mentioning i was one the posters who was very much against signing him on loan as i pretty much hated the guy from his time at Arsenal and City - but he was totally unrecognizable from that person last season with us and made me reevaluate my opinion of him. a great player who adds so much to our team in terms of goals and effort and im chuffed we managed to sign him full time

He was way too pumped up today. It's like when Wayne Rooney gets sent off, people say "well you can't take that out of his game." That's just making excuses for him. If Kyle Walker or Livermore had done that today, the reaction on here would have been far stronger.

When it comes to his talent, he's a good player, don't know about a great one. I read somewhere he was offside more than any other player last season, and people moan at Defoe for being offside all the time. Finishing wise, I don't think he's that good. Maybe I just need to accept that he's about the best we can do considering we don't pay the wages that the bigger clubs do and we won't pay more than a certain amount in transfer fees.

I was actually in favour of us getting him on loan last season, mainly because we didn't have anything better at the club. But I was convinced from last season's showings that he was the answer. I was willing to give him a chance, but today's game just reinforced my view that he's always a risk to make a stupid decison. I liken him to Balotelli in that regard (although not as good), maybe not as big of a troublemaker, but he could easily lose you a game just as he's likely to win you a game. I wouldn't want Balotelli either.

I was actually in favour of us getting him on loan last season, mainly because we didn't have anything better at the club. But I was convinced from last season's showings that he was the answer. I was willing to give him a chance, but today's game just reinforced my view that he's always a risk to make a stupid decison. I liken him to Balotelli in that regard (although not as good), maybe not as big of a troublemaker, but he could easily lose you a game just as he's likely to win you a game. I wouldn't want Balotelli either.

you're comparing Adebayor to Balotelli in terms of being a risk ?

who the hell have you been watching the past 15 months or so ? :eek:

1 fudging incident and people lose all sense of reality, it's crazy and i disagree entirely with what you're saying

one more time, apart from this one incident of a red card away to a team he has a history with what else has there been in his time here that even remotely suggests he's a risk ? im seeing a lot of talk here but nothing to back that view up whatsoever

Last edited:
One of my pet hates in football. I hear the phrase 'If that foul hadnt been in the first few minutes it would have been yellow'

As you say, if the offence merits a yellow or a red, it should matter whether its the 5th minute or 85th minute.

No complaints from me today on the red card, mistimed or not, I'm afraid he had to go

It's one of those silly unwritten laws in football. Along with refs letting the dirtiest players get away with 4 or 5 fouls before eventually booking them. Granted not every foul is a booking, but how many fouls do the likes of Fellaini, Parker, Wheelchair, Scholes and co get away with before they are booked? Then Lennon gets a booking today for his foul when it was a genuine attempt to go for the ball, it's gonad*s!!!!!

you're comparing Adebayor to Balotelli in terms of being a risk ?

who the hell have you been watching the past 15 months or so ? :eek:

1 fudging incident and people lose all sense of reality, it's crazy and i disagree entirely with what you're saying

Similar to Balotelli, but not as bad.

Is the rest of his career irrelevant then?

Similar to Balotelli, but not as bad.

Is the rest of his career irrelevant then?

yes it is when we are talking about a player that has not given us a single problem up until now

and even today it's not what id call part of a bigger behavioral problem, just one of those things - stupid poorly timed tackle which will no doubt get him a gonad*ing from the manager.

Back