• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

@Nigeyman If Poch has been dealt a **** hand, I do not think that you make it better by forcing him to reintegrate a player that he has made it very clear has no future at the club.

hey milo,

I am not for forcing Pochettino to do anything of the sort. Neither could I.

I am simply asking due to our lack of cf's for him to have a rethink and asses the situation and at least consider it.

I hope you understand the angle I am coming from even if you are in disagreement. I would not want him to be disruptive and harm what poch is trying to do with our young players. Do you honestly think I want to be posting this??? I wanted him gone and to join in the celebrations with the numerous gifs that would inevitably have been posted had he left.

Anyway, lets face some uncomfortable home truths.

are you comfortable with us playing the next 4 months...including grueling EL matches with one player in our squad who is an outright centre forward?

A centre forward who is under immense pressure to replicate a standout breakout season...you and I both know how the press like to build them up only to topple them down again.

can we really embrace the possibility of failure this season while paying a player 5m a year to tend his garden?

If Pochettino has any nous about him he will at least consider the possibility of trying to get something out of Ade? Why? because if he can pull it off he will be helping himself and our club to achieving better results and a higher league position. None of us have really debated this but why could Sherwood drag it out of Ade? why couldnt poch by comparison?

Yes, Yes its all Ade, he's unbalanced....doesnt give a toss etc......

Thats the easy way out.

Its not about second, third or even giving someone 4 chances.....we need to face facts...we have 1 recognised striker at present struggling for confidence....we Pay Ade enough money why cant he shoulder the burden of scoring goals for Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Rather than say...yep lets accept it 5m down the drain....Lets make a concerted effort to make the best of things.

This is obviously a touchy subject and I dont mean to offend anyone. I want whats best for our club and I dont see any situation in which something cannot be salvaged...Please understand I dont actually want Ade in our colours, but that is not as important for me as us doing everything in our power that we can in order for us to be sucessful.

Ade can score at this level, you know it and I know it! If there is the slightest chance, shouldn't we try?

sorry for ramblings milo...and damn you...after a heart destroying exchange with affy last night I didnt want to get too involved with this thread tonight...but reading back it seems that others recognise our situation and think roughly along the same lines as I do.

hey milo,

I am not for forcing Pochettino to do anything of the sort. Neither could I.

I am simply asking due to our lack of cf's for him to have a rethink and asses the situation and at least consider it.

I hope you understand the angle I am coming from even if you are in disagreement. I would not want him to be disruptive and harm what poch is trying to do with our young players. Do you honestly think I want to be posting this??? I wanted him gone and to join in the celebrations with the numerous gifs that would inevitably have been posted had he left.

Anyway, lets face some uncomfortable home truths.

are you comfortable with us playing the next 4 months...including grueling EL matches with one player in our squad who is an outright centre forward?

A centre forward who is under immense pressure to replicate a standout breakout season...you and I both know how the press like to build them up only to topple them down again.

can we really embrace the possibility of failure this season while paying a player 5m a year to tend his garden?

If Pochettino has any nous about him he will at least consider the possibility of trying to get something out of Ade? Why? because if he can pull it off he will be helping himself and our club to achieving better results and a higher league position. None of us have really debated this but why could Sherwood drag it out of Ade? why couldnt poch by comparison?

Yes, Yes its all Ade, he's unbalanced....doesnt give a toss etc......

Thats the easy way out.

Its not about second, third or even giving someone 4 chances.....we need to face facts...we have 1 recognised striker at present struggling for confidence....we Pay Ade enough money why cant he shoulder the burden of scoring goals for Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Rather than say...yep lets accept it 5m down the drain....Lets make a concerted effort to make the best of things.

This is obviously a touchy subject and I dont mean to offend anyone. I want whats best for our club and I dont see any situation in which something cannot be salvaged...Please understand I dont actually want Ade in our colours, but that is not as important for me as us doing everything in our power that we can in order for us to be sucessful.

Ade can score at this level, you know it and I know it! If there is the slightest chance, shouldn't we try?

sorry for ramblings milo...and damn you...after a heart destroying exchange with affy last night I didnt want to get too involved with this thread tonight...but reading back it seems that others recognise our situation and think roughly along the same lines as I do.

Nigey - I fully respect your opinion and don't worry about offending anyone with what you have written. I understand the point, and I think Poch has set out his stall. He clearly does not want Ade even if he was the last forward on the planet.

Nigey - I fully respect your opinion and don't worry about offending anyone with what you have written. I understand the point, and I think Poch has set out his stall. He clearly does not want Ade even if he was the last forward on the planet.

yes I can understand that.

neither do I as a matter of fact, but it does not change our circumstances.

Most people in their life sometimes have to do something they hate for the greater good, the best example of this I could give is 'you have a child from a previous relationship, you cant stand your ex partner but you behave in a way thats best for your child so as to not upset your child...

ok maybe not the best analogy.....but hopefully you can understand what I am saying.

It doesnt have to be a loving relationship between Ade & Poch but a functional one, no matter how many times we say he is not in our future plans the truth is he is in our future for at least another year...:(

I think we should at least try to get something out of him to help us along this season, because at the end of the day it would actually help all parties...we need an extra cf and Ade needs to play.

I understand the point but am with @Seedy Ron with this. We have given him compassionate leave, we have been patient and we have even given him the opportunity to start somewhere else without having to move home and without him being financially impeded as a result. We're not a creche or mental hospital. You cannot help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.

And, I know this is purely conjecture, looking at his instagram pictures, it's quite clear to me that he's not suffering too badly. Admittedly I don't know all of the information, but some of my mates have had mental issues to do with stress etc.... and the common item is that they have barely struggled to get out of bed let alone try and negotiate contracts, new employers or the like. If he truly has a mental problem, then I think with the resources available to him, his agents, the club and the club's medical team, he would be diagnosed quite quickly and given the treatment he needs. His actions aren't that of someone suffering from mental health problems, but rather someone who is looking to deflect attention away from the true reason for his actions.
I've seen the variations of mental illness well enough to know that there is no way in which it does or doesn't present. That's one of the reasons why I think people find it so hard to take mental illness seriously - there's no set of symptoms that mark it out in a way anyone other than a professional or someone very close to the sufferer can read.

That said, Ade's Facebook outpourings give me no reason to think he's struggling mentally and I'm not sure why people think he is other than the fact that he's claimed to need time off. I can only see two problems in his postings:

1) He clearly wants sympathy for his actions and sounds like a generally needy person - not the type I tend to have much sympathy for.
2) His belief in higher powers is a clear marker of his lack of cognitive agility. It doesn't surprise me one bit that a person capable of believing in one or more gods is incapable of managing and structuring their own emotions.

yes I can understand that.

neither do I as a matter of fact, but it does not change our circumstances.

Most people in their life sometimes have to do something they hate for the greater good, the best example of this I could give is 'you have a child from a previous relationship, you cant stand your ex partner but you behave in a way thats best for your child so as to not upset your child...

ok maybe not the best analogy.....but hopefully you can understand what I am saying.

It doesnt have to be a loving relationship between Ade & Poch but a functional one, no matter how many times we say he is not in our future plans the truth is he is in our future for at least another year...:(

I think we should at least try to get something out of him to help us along this season, because at the end of the day it would actually help all parties...we need an extra cf and Ade needs to play.

I think Poch wants heart more than anything else and that is something Ade is lacking in.

I've seen the variations of mental illness well enough to know that there is no way in which it does or doesn't present. That's one of the reasons why I think people find it so hard to take mental illness seriously - there's no set of symptoms that mark it out in a way anyone other than a professional or someone very close to the sufferer can read.

That said, Ade's Facebook outpourings give me no reason to think he's struggling mentally and I'm not sure why people think he is other than the fact that he's claimed to need time off. I can only see two problems in his postings:

1) He clearly wants sympathy for his actions and sounds like a generally needy person - not the type I tend to have much sympathy for.
2) His belief in higher powers is a clear marker of his lack of cognitive agility. It doesn't surprise me one bit that a person capable of believing in one or more gods is incapable of managing and structuring their own emotions.

Fair, I was over generalising.

What if his presence in the squad is viewed negatively by the rest of it, Nigey? Maybe the benefit of him being an extra option is outweighed by the negative effect his presence has? Poch, and a host if former managers, would know that better than us. I'll take our chances with the guys Poch can work with.

What if his presence in the squad is viewed negatively by the rest of it, Nigey? Maybe the benefit of him being an extra option is outweighed by the negative effect his presence has? Poch, and a host if former managers, would know that better than us. I'll take our chances with the guys Poch can work with.

I think this is the most relevant summing of the situation. I am not bothered what fans think of bringing him back if needed because in all honesty none of us really know what his mind state is. However if bringing him back upsets the changing room and manager then we should not do it.

I can understand that point of view.

I would still say its worth a try.

I'm with @africanspurs on this one. What price do you put on the soul? Sometimes we have to stick to our values and our principles. Ade doesn't fit in, and I think we hold our nerve and just let him waste away his career. He's hell bent on doing it anyway. If he was really worried about his career, he would have left. He doesn't give a flying crap. He will show no willing in being re-integrated. I bet that his instagram or twitter feed or facebook page will be filled of parties, new cars and him enjoying the high life. I also predict that there will be an interview in one of the papers where he will say he wants to continue to play for Spurs. All this nonsense is because he wants to collect his wage and not do a thing.
what i really like about this post is the logical common sense and deduction of how things are going to transpire....
agree 100%, we WILL get some photos of him having a good time ..and we WILL get something of a sound bite that says he wants to play for us and he is willing to do what it takes

these thing will happen, the only thing is that i fear people will swallow it as truth

i wonder what GHod is worth to him..does GHod have a price for his principles?

let me ask this...his pastor and this sign he is looking for...how would they have reacted if he was offered 400,000 pounds a week

would GHod have been like "dont join Villa for 100,000...thats not enough money...i'll give you a sign when the money is right"

Eureka!!! GHod is a an agent!!!!! It all makes sense now!!!:)

i wonder what GHod is worth to him..does GHod have a price for his principles?

let me ask this...his pastor and this sign he is looking for...how would they have reacted if he was offered 400,000 pounds a week

would GHod have been like "dont join Villa for 100,000...thats not enough money...i'll give you a sign when the money is right"

Eureka!!! GHod is a a clam!!!!! It all makes sense now!!!:)
FTFY. You're welcome.

Poch needs to get into him. Get him psyched to prove everyone wrong (and earn a new contact). Get fit and hungry. Ask your Pastor. It makes sense!

I'm not a fan of him but what's he actually done to not deserve a squad number?

I assume that it goes back to the supposed bust up between Adebayor and Kane after the Stoke game last season which is meant to have lead to Kaboul going to Poch to complain about the younger players.

I admire Poch greatly for managing to keep this largely in house.

I find it hard to believe Ade is being defended. When some of the guff that's been posted about Rose, soldado and lamella and many more, or anyone that's even shown any bit of patience with them have been castigated it's quite incredible.

I think the difference is Adebayor has proven his quality for Spurs - and other Premier League teams.

I also actually think he seems likeable. There was a reason he was voted by the other players as vice captain. Plus, there's nothing substantive to indicate he's done anything terrible.

Soldado and Lamela have been abject failures here. Personally, I couldn't stand Soldado's lack of fight and petulance. The amount of times he'd make a poor effort at a challenge, then just give up and kick out at the defender.

From Poch's quotes yesterday:

“I have been very clear that we would only add players that we felt would improve us and if any one player was not possible then I prefer we do not add for the sake of it. Much has been said about us only having one recognised striker in Harry - I don’t accept this at all - the positional play of today’s forwards means it’s too simplistic to look for goals from any one position - playing a fluid style means players switch. Also we secured Sonny and Clinton in the knowledge that we may not be adding any other forward.”

Could easily have mentioned Ade in that but neglected to. Think we can assume then that he does not consider him part of the squad.

According to the Evening Standard Ade's not in our PL squad.

I guess it's then unlikely he'll be fit for Europa League, but you never know.

When he had his last run of games, I said that I thought he was taking the tinkle. This latest behaviour vindicates my view. He has not been the same since the shooting.

Back