• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Apologies if I've missed this being mentioned, but it seems to me very obvious that Adebayor has some sort of mental issue.

The Facebook ramblings and general behaviour are not the actions of a sane man.

Presumably those desperate for Adebayor to leave because of his perceived lack of application or loyalty are questioning the club's seeming lack of loyalty and (psychiatric) assistance to a player under their control?

I don't doubt Adebayor has acted unprofessionally at times - but I'm not convinced the actions aren't a consequence of at best, a very fragile mind, or worst, a man with quite serious mental issues.

This isn't me making excuses for him, I simply think there is a chance that his erratic behaviour is being over simplified.

I agree. His behaviour has become very erratic and his public pronouncements increasingly strange. I am no expert on mental health and would not want to try and diagnose the problem but I think that he needs help.

Presumably those desperate for Adebayor to leave because of his perceived lack of application or loyalty are questioning the club's seeming lack of loyalty and (psychiatric) assistance to a player under their control?
So you know that he has a mental health issue, and in the same way know that Spurs have done nothing to attempt to assist him with it?

He's the club responsibility at work or in the workplace, not outside of that. If sn employee has an accident at home is that the employers problem?

pretty sure uk law doesn't let you separate the two anymore
There are limits though.

We can try to help, but if he insists the help he needs is from a Juju master or whatever they're called then we, as sane and responsible people, shouldn't be sending him to a Juju pilot.

I wonder if the insurance pays out if he gets admitted to a mental hospital?.......

So you know that he has a mental health issue, and in the same way know that Spurs have done nothing to attempt to assist him with it?

No - I'm suggesting that to the lay person, it's reasonable to think Adebayor has some sort of mental issue.

Given that reasonable assumption, I don't think it's right that those screaming for him 'to get out our club' and calling him a "c*nt" - without due cause, in my opinion - don't take a step back from the situation and at least ask the question of what the club is doing - aside from potentially ostracising someone who may have mental issues.

No one is saying he should be part of the squad - he's unreliable and unprofessional - but there could be reasons for this and they're worth considering in light of the evidence we do have.

Perhaps we should have a poll?

given our limited forward options would you be prepared to reintegrate Ade into the squad???

I think we have seen some decent arguments for and against.

The one thing I would say is despite all the baggage and recent history, If Poch could work something out with Adebayor and get a tune out of him then as a man manager he would go up in my estimations, not for being weak and caving in but for having the foresight to acknowledge that we are in desperate need of more striking options, and reacting positively to the fact that we have let him down by not signing that extra striker he wanted.

He has been dealt a sh*t hand and I want to see if he can make the best of it.

given our limited forward options would you be prepared to reintegrate Ade into the squad???

The one thing I would say is despite all the baggage and recent history, If Poch could work something out with Adebayor and get a tune out of him then as a man manager he would go up in my estimations, not for being weak and caving in but for having the foresight to acknowledge that we are in desperate need of more striking options, and reacting positively to the fact that we have let him down by not signing that extra striker he wanted.

I wouldn't mind him playing. We desperately need a striker and desperate times call for desperate measures. It's worth a go at least. There's not much to lose. If it doesn't work out for some reason or another, we just revert to the current situation. It's not gonna happen though. I reckon the deadline for registering the 25 man squad has already passed, and I doubt he is there. We could still register him for Europe perhaps, but it's never going to happen.

I wouldn't mind him playing. We desperately need a striker and desperate times call for desperate measures. It's worth a go at least. There's not much to lose. If it doesn't work out for some reason or another, we just revert to the current situation. It's not gonna happen though. I reckon the deadline for registering the 25 man squad has already passed, and I doubt he is there. We could still register him for Europe perhaps, but it's never going to happen.

Has the registering of 25 man squad deadline passed anyone?

No, the one hope we have as a squad this year is be a team (we lack the WC differentiators)

Having the guy that turns up to train with the U21's in a chauffeured Rolls Royce (every day) to rub in the fact that he is the highest paid player in the squad and doesn't give a fudge that contributes nothing to the team can be nothing but disruptive.

I would fudging take our most junior coach, use a field far away from the club and make him train there every day.

Given that reasonable assumption, I don't think it's right that those screaming for him 'to get out our club' and calling him a "c*nt" - without due cause, in my opinion - don't take a step back from the situation and at least ask the question of what the club is doing - aside from potentially ostracising someone who may have mental issues.
I'm not sure it's so reasonable an assumption. He's got a dysfunctional family sure, but it's easy to say he's waiting for a sign from GHod, rather than say he's happy not playing and getting his money. There was some talk he wasn't keen on Villa because they might be in a relegation scrap, then it was because he didn't want to leave London, then yesterday GHod pops up.

The pay off deal to allow him to go to West Ham was supposedly that we'd make sure he didn't lose out, so we'd make up his 100k for the rest of this year. He'd be no worse off and would have a fresh start at a new club, but that wasn't acceptable to him, he wanted everything from us and a new wage. Is that a sign of mental illness, or a sign of greed?

Even if he does have mental health issues, considering he's an enormously expensive asset to the club, I would be amazed if they hadn't attempted to get him whatever help he needs in order to get the best out of him. Levy would make sure successive coaches tried everything with him, he wouldn't want all that cash walking out the door for nothing.

Who's been dealt sh*t hand?

Ade is an employee, not a responsibility. Does he not have a support group, family or friends?
Er...I'm not sure his 'support' group is that supportive. This statement can be applied across the board actually now that I think of it.

Personally I think he's hanging on by a thin thread and needs a bit of help. However he needs to take responsibility for his own actions, including seeking help if that is what he needs. IMHO of course.

I find it hard to believe Ade is being defended. When some of the guff that's been posted about Rose, soldado and lamella and many more, or anyone that's even shown any bit of patience with them have been castigated it's quite incredible.

I find it hard to believe Ade is being defended. When some of the guff that's been posted about Rose, soldado and lamella and many more, or anyone that's even shown any bit of patience with them have been castigated it's quite incredible.
Is it not more sympathy rather than anyone condoning his actions?

I think he is a greedy git but after reading his social media outpouring I'm beginning to think he has more than a few serious issues to deal with. If he was a mate of mine that sort of behaviour would be setting off a few alarm bells.

I understand the point but am with @Seedy Ron with this. We have given him compassionate leave, we have been patient and we have even given him the opportunity to start somewhere else without having to move home and without him being financially impeded as a result. We're not a creche or mental hospital. You cannot help someone who doesn't want to help themselves.

And, I know this is purely conjecture, looking at his instagram pictures, it's quite clear to me that he's not suffering too badly. Admittedly I don't know all of the information, but some of my mates have had mental issues to do with stress etc.... and the common item is that they have barely struggled to get out of bed let alone try and negotiate contracts, new employers or the like. If he truly has a mental problem, then I think with the resources available to him, his agents, the club and the club's medical team, he would be diagnosed quite quickly and given the treatment he needs. His actions aren't that of someone suffering from mental health problems, but rather someone who is looking to deflect attention away from the true reason for his actions.

@Nigeyman If Poch has been dealt a brick hand, I do not think that you make it better by forcing him to reintegrate a player that he has made it very clear has no future at the club.

Back