• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Our movement up front was good. Soldados finishing is as bad as ade's.... But ade's had like a 15 run of starts ....

In the first half the movement on top was... well... zip zero!! Kane and Soldado where MILES apart, and there was no opposite movement or anything that even looked threatening!
Look at Soldado when Eriksen whipped in that cross from the byline; He didn't even TRY to get on the end of it! He just stood there! Any decent stiker would have thrown himself in front of the defender the moment Eriksen got the ball, and bagged it when the cross came!

In the first half the movement on top was... well... zip zero!! Kane and Soldado where MILES apart, and there was no opposite movement or anything that even looked threatening!
Look at Soldado when Eriksen whipped in that cross from the byline; He didn't even TRY to get on the end of it! He just stood there! Any decent stiker would have thrown himself in front of the defender the moment Eriksen got the ball, and bagged it when the cross came!

how did you come to this conclusion ?

first half we had a shot on goal from soldado in the first 5 minutes, then kane and lamela blocked shots around 15 minutes. all in all we had 8 shots on goal and 3 on target, this is when we were playing poorly and before hull went down to 10 men!

there were 6 successful tackles in the first half - 3 of them came from lamela and soldado pressing.

when ade was around we struggled to get stats like that for the entire game!

arguable that anyone could get on to the end of that cross though.. there were 4 hull players in line trying - all failed . soldado is lacking match sharpness, but have you seen ade ? he'd miscontrol the perfect ball played to his feet !

Last edited:
Ades performances hardly justify Soldado being equally inept. If you look again you will see that Kane and Soldado weren't anywhere near working together as a front unit. They were too far apart to link up with each other. Work in progress perhaps, but not very fluent atm.

Let's not jump to conclusions. Ade was left out against City after an international break then rather quickly returned to the starting line-up. Not convinced yet that he won't be back rather soon.
I agree. I think that it is very likely that we will see him start a game within the next week.

Ades performances hardly justify Soldado being equally inept. If you look again you will see that Kane and Soldado weren't anywhere near working together as a front unit. They were too far apart to link up with each other. Work in progress perhaps, but not very fluent atm.

True but how many games have they played together? Hardly enough for an objective evaluation.

And yet look at those stats I posted above. Do you not think that is good despite the misgivings you point out?

Personally I feel most stats can be misleading.

Away from home SoLdado is a good option for us - however he is finished in fromt of goal. I hope beyond hope we can get rid of ADE and soldado before next season

Away from home SoLdado is a good option for us - however he is finished in fromt of goal. I hope beyond hope we can get rid of ADE and soldado before next season

6 shots on goal 3 on target in the first half misleading ? compared to none when ade was up front ?

You have no idea, you can't make sweeping statements like that. This season he has probably not played anymore than two games in a row for us, thats not enough consistency to judge any player. He was already low in confidence in front of goal, you might well be right but he needs to have a run of games first to determine if he can get his goalscoring knack back or not, and I think he deserves the opportunity....

This is an 'A' thread, but S does seem to drag an inordinate number of shots from the right too far to the left. He also missed a follow-up kick when Harry? had scored .... from 2 yards. Yeah, I know - maybe he meant it.

Will be interesting to see if "Ade and the gang" are back against Everton or not. So far not a word from the club about specific injuries and Winks and Ball ahead of them on the bench yesterday...

Might be a nothing story and they all juts picked up something niggling at the same time, but not convinced at this time.

Will be interesting to see if "Ade and the gang" are back against Everton or not. So far not a word from the club about specific injuries and Winks and Ball ahead of them on the bench yesterday...

Might be a nothing story and they all juts picked up something niggling at the same time, but not convinced at this time.

Who else are you referring to? Kaboul and Capoue?

I reckon there has been a shift in direction. Poch lives and he learns. Buy-in to my system?...No. Ok play well doing it your way?..No. Trust you to lead by example?...No. Expect you not to be disruptive and/or act like a c*ck?..No.

As i have commented before, as a manager you have one chance with Ade. Once he feels wronged or jilted you have lost him. And that moment will always come. There is no long term value in Ade, no building him into a willing and dedicated team that wants to achieve.

He can go on a free and it will be at no loss to us.

I reckon there has been a shift in direction. Poch lives and he learns. Buy-in to my system?...No. Ok play well doing it your way?..No. Trust you to lead by example?...No. Expect you not to be disruptive and/or act like a c*ck?..No.

As i have commented before, as a manager you have one chance with Ade. Once he feels wronged or jilted you have lost him. And that moment will always come. There is no long term value in Ade, no building him into a willing and dedicated team that wants to achieve.

He can go on a free and it will be at no loss to us.
On a free? I'll dip into my own pocket and buy him for another club if that's what's needed.

On a free? I'll dip into my own pocket and buy him for another club if that's what's needed.

How much you willing to pay? I will chat with Ade and see if he is keen. ;)

Think everyone is jumping in at the moment, with no idea what. if anything actually happened.

But say there was some discord in the dressing room.... Say that Ade et al asked pouch to maybe try and transition quicker, to play not such a high line and use the width that we have in our side, and maybe play two strikers up top on occasion. Say they went in to more detail and suggested in match methods that they think would work.... And for arguments sake say they were right.

But pouch told them to **** off.

Would people still want them gone.... I mean if they are right and pouch is wrong and pouch's methods has us heading for a relegation battle (not saying this is the case... Obviously hope it ain't) but play along here.... What if they are right.... Should they still be gone.

How much you willing to pay? I will chat with Ade and see if he is keen. ;)

Think everyone is jumping in at the moment, with no idea what. if anything actually happened.

But say there was some discord in the dressing room.... Say that Ade et al asked pouch to maybe try and transition quicker, to play not such a high line and use the width that we have in our side, and maybe play two strikers up top on occasion. Say they went in to more detail and suggested in match methods that they think would work.... And for arguments sake say they were right.

But pouch told them to **** off.

Would people still want them gone.... I mean if they are right and pouch is wrong and pouch's methods has us heading for a relegation battle (not saying this is the case... Obviously hope it ain't) but play along here.... What if they are right.... Should they still be gone.

Yes they definitely should 100% be gone. They are undermining the coach. It's not their job to pick a team, formation or tactics. If the coach is so bad he will be gone anyway. What happens when the new coach comes and does something they don't like? Bin him? Very bad road to start on. That's goes for any club not just Spurs and any owner worth their salt would do it. Reality is though that it's easier to replace one coach than 3 or more players.
I'm generalising by the way because I don't think that's happening at Spurs.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back