• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Looks like Sherwood allowed anarchy in the dressing room...so much for management

Players walk off pitch after losing to Stoke/WBA/Anyone else who's **** without saying a word = THESE PLAYERS DON'T CARE, GET THEM OUT.

Players argue in changing room following a heavy defeat and actually show signs that they care = THIS MANAGER IS ALLOWING ANRCHY IN THE DRESSING ROOM. GET HIM OUT.

Not aimed directly at you by the way, it just illustrates pretty well that you can't win in football nowadays. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

He might not necessarily be the right player in the fans/pundit's eyes to have come out with these comments, but i'm gonna defend Adebayor on this.

We pretty much all agree that the content of most of what he says is actually right - the atmosphere at WHL is detrimental to the players, they're not performing well but we're making it more edgy etc etc. So I for one am glad someone at the club stepped out and actually spoke publicly about it. For me, it shows he actually DOES GIVE A ****! I don't see it as blaming others, more an acknowledgement of the problem in the hope something positive can be done about it…collectively as fans, players, directors and club staff.

If more players came out and showed this kind of emotion (though i use the term 'emotion' loosely here!) then i'd feel much happier about getting behind the team every weekend.

And as for his controversial "I love this club" comment that he seems to have been said many times before, what's wrong with that!!? I loved my first girlfriend, and a couple thereafter, but times change and I now love my wife. And to be honest i'm not adverse to rubbing my ex's nose in it every now and again (see Arsenal v Emirates Marketing Project). Let's not forget he was getting a barrage of abuse from them at the Etihad so why not stick it back to them! Again, I thought it showed passion from Ade.

Ok, so he may not be the ideal candidate to speak publicly, but someone had to, and maybe he thought fcuk it, i'm gonna take it upon myself to address the issue and sort this lot out.

Im bored of the 'is he/isn't he' nonsense.

Just has to go, and we need to move on. Like most of the useless chaff in fairness, but I'd start here to see who/what we can salvage from the rest of this utter Mongolian cluster f u c k

He might not necessarily be the right player in the fans/pundit's eyes to have come out with these comments, but i'm gonna defend Adebayor on this.

We pretty much all agree that the content of most of what he says is actually right - the atmosphere at WHL is detrimental to the players, they're not performing well but we're making it more edgy etc etc. So I for one am glad someone at the club stepped out and actually spoke publicly about it. For me, it shows he actually DOES GIVE A ****! I don't see it as blaming others, more an acknowledgement of the problem in the hope something positive can be done about it…collectively as fans, players, directors and club staff.

If more players came out and showed this kind of emotion (though i use the term 'emotion' loosely here!) then i'd feel much happier about getting behind the team every weekend.

And as for his controversial "I love this club" comment that he seems to have been said many times before, what's wrong with that!!? I loved my first girlfriend, and a couple thereafter, but times change and I now love my wife. And to be honest i'm not adverse to rubbing my ex's nose in it every now and again (see Arsenal v Emirates Marketing Project). Let's not forget he was getting a barrage of abuse from them at the Etihad so why not stick it back to them! Again, I thought it showed passion from Ade.

Ok, so he may not be the ideal candidate to speak publicly, but someone had to, and maybe he thought fcuk it, i'm gonna take it upon myself to address the issue and sort this lot out.

Part of the problem for me is that there is an insinuation that the players deserve unwavering support even when they don't appear to be ready to give their all (such as having their f-ing boots on so they can come on as a sub without delay). I don't agree with boos, and I also don't agree that in this modern age the crowd should sing their hearts out of they are served up turgid terrible turds. And given Ade's track record of commitment to ALL his teams (remember how long it took him to get back from the last ACN) he might have spoken with more tact.

Part of the problem for me is that there is an insinuation that the players deserve unwavering support even when they don't appear to be ready to give their all (such as having their f-ing boots on so they can come on as a sub without delay). I don't agree with boos, and I also don't agree that in this modern age the crowd should sing their hearts out of they are served up turgid terrible turds. And given Ade's track record of commitment to ALL his teams (remember how long it took him to get back from the last ACN) he might have spoken with more tact.

But do you support the Club or do you support the Players?

Those who seem to be most annoyed/upset about Ade/Enic whatever seem to be those that have forgotten who they are supporting in first place. Not how bad it was 10-15yrs ago and therefore relatively things are much better.

Chairmen / Owners / DOF / Mangers / Players are ALL transient by nature. Only 3 Things are not (or shouldnt be). Where your from, Your Name and the Fans

The dressing room row is on the internet and I've heard it in certain places where some of the players frequent , that on that day , Ade along with his mate Sherwood had a go at the World Cup bound players and that it nearly came to blows .

Dembele, Eriksen and Verts do not get on with him .

I can confirm that this is utter bull****. Your story is based on so many untruths it's scary

- Adebayor divides the dressing room? NO he is v popular

- Adebayor is troublesome? According to fans he is but find a player who says he is a problem in the squad .. Won't happen.

Also I wish sherwood had chinned the likes of jan, Paul and dembele - when insaw games last year they were 100% on cruise control.

yeh i don't believe the itk info about Ade tbh.

For one..it seems like he was voted in to be vice captain by the players. I also remember a couple of players actually coming out and saying they thought Ade was being unfairly treated (not in those exact word but close enough) when AVB was in charge. Rose i think was one of the players.

For one..it seems like he was voted in to be vice captain by the players. I also remember a couple of players actually coming out and saying they thought Ade was being unfairly treated (not in those exact word but close enough) when AVB was in charge. Rose i think was one of the players.

There was no vote. If there was then I am disappointed that poch actually prefers popularity over leadership.

He could have got that by getting 4 votes.
If Poch had walked in one day to the dressing room and asked them all to put a name on a piece of paper then 15 players could have been voted for all with 2 or 3 votes each.
Or Kaboul could have won and appointed Ade as vice.

He could have got that by getting 4 votes.
If Poch had walked in one day to the dressing room and asked them all to put a name on a piece of paper then 15 players could have been voted for all with 2 or 3 votes each.
Or Kaboul could have won and appointed Ade as vice.

Did we always have vice captains or is this a new thing?

I support the club and the players that are worth supporting. The rest can **** off.

Agreed.

I really don't thin it's appropriate for Ade to complain about a lack of support. The support in (just about) any ground is to a large extent a result of what's happening on the pitch. Not even just talking about winning, points, goals etc. Just ****ing put the effort in and fans will respond. Sometimes it really doesn't take much to up the mood and atmosphere at a game.

Run, work, chase, put a tackle in, really try hard. When the going gets though, Ade gets going, we know this. When we're struggling and in desperate need for a player to hold the ball up he's more likely to just pull out of a header than stick his head in. I've heard several defenders say stuff like "you know when you're up against striker X it's going to be painful". Wouldn't be surprised if defenders thought coming up against Ade that they knew they wouldn't have a scratch to show the missus at the end of the day.

The thing is, we know this about Ade. This is nothing new. To a large extent I can't even be bothered blaming him for it, it's just like the sky being blue or rocks being hard.

I can confirm that this is utter bull****. Your story is based on so many untruths it's scary

- Adebayor divides the dressing room? NO he is v popular

- Adebayor is troublesome? According to fans he is but find a player who says he is a problem in the squad .. Won't happen.

You can confirm ? How ? All I'm saying is that after seeing the pair in conversation ( Verts and Ade ) , warming up on the sidelines as subs versus Stoke, my memory was jigged to a conversation I heard at an establishment where some of the players frequent . I can't say and I won't say anymore about this. It's just gossip and you can take it or leave it , I just thought I'd throw it out there.

As for you adulation for the player . You think Emmanuel Adebayor looks at his own performance do you , really ? You think the timing of him coming out with this stuff about the home support and Poch telling him that he's not entirely happy with his performances and subsequently benching him, is coincidental do you ?

IMO he's to expensive , overrated and is holding up our progress. Once we move him out and get in a player such as Jay Rodriguez, I feel we will see a much better fluid attacking team, certainly a team that works harder from the front when we've not got the ball.

Mauricio Pochettino is ready to dump Emmanuel Adebayor in January.

The Tottenham boss is desperate to shake up his strike force and misfiring Adebayor is set to be offloaded.

It comes just days after the Togo star accused Spurs fans of creating a bad atmosphere at White Hart Lane and he is also struggling badly for form.

Adebayor, 30, has got 18 months left on his £170,000-a-week contract and the biggest problem could be finding another club to take him off their hands.

But Spurs are open to offers for the striker as his White Hart Lane career has turned sour, especially following the comments he made in the aftermath of the home defeat to Stoke.

Pochettino has picked Adebayor regularly this season despite some poor displays but it would seem Harry Kane and Roberto Soldado may get more chances now.

The Argentine wants to raid former club Southampton for forward Jay Rodriguez, 25, and Spurs may have to sell before they can buy to land the England man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-boss-mauricio-pochettino-set-4630948

Togo getting outplayed by Guinea right now, losing 1-4.

They need a win away to group leaders Ghana on wednesday to qualify now.

Back