• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I saw Emirates Marketing Project putting everything into stopping him.... eventually having a player sent off for over doing it... I think he is the signing that will win Chelsea the league this season (if he stays fit).
I agree, I just don't think he's exceptional at any one thing - a very, very good all-around striker.

see lkane's goal in our win against qpr ... that's the kind of run ade fails to make.

once lamela saw the run, he did well to do a "look away" pass that fooled everyone.

ade is not the right striker for us if we want to see the best from our midfield.

Collectively, we were awful going forward today, the final ball was poor time after time. Granted Mason's cross in the first half to Ade was crap, but I am sick of the sight of him Adebayor and I cannot believe there's not another striker out there who we couldn't, and wouldn't be stealing a living on the ridiculous wages Ade is on.

I am not saying Soldado or Kane is the answer btw, but we must SURELY be able to sign a striker that tries more than 1 game out of 5, isn't offside more than Jermain Defoe and Pippo Inzaghi put together, can finish better and is actually up for it against his old club. Scum fans can hardly be bothered to boo him that venomously anymore that's how ineffective he is. Regardless of the poor service and lack of cohesion going forward, it's inexcusable to look so laid back in a North London Derby.

Every Spurs fan and football fan in general I speak to sees it, every one of his former clubs see it, pundits see it, but we still persist with him.

I can see us going back in for Benteke in January or the summer. Right now, we''ll play Ade coz he is better than the other 2 options.

I'd be happy with Benteke in and Soldado out.

We used Chadli upfront today, we could just do that and drop Ade for another midfielder. If he's not scoring anyway, there's not much difference is there?

Lamela---Chadli---Dembele front 3?

Or get Kane in there.

I see every time he has a bad game ADE is going to be the board scape goat in the most nasty way. It's really quite disgraceful.

I see every time he has a bad game ADE is going to be the board scape goat in the most nasty way. It's really quite disgraceful.

There is an element of that, most certainly. I'm a fan of Ade's, but he's not doing well wnough at the moment. I still think he's the best option from our current strikers (unless we decide to go with Chadli in his place, that might work), but he must up his game. An on form Adebayor and we might have won today, so it's important that he pulls his socks up.

I defended him vigorously during AVB's first because he was doing a job for the team, but this season he has been mostly shambolic.

Can barely be bothered to break into a jog, never gets into good positions and when he does get the ball he manages to put it out for a throw in or similar.

He's not a presence up front, so there's really no reason to keep playing him.

No one is spacegoating him, the entire attacking unit as whole were not good enough today despite flashes of decent play. Just that Ade has been one of the worst players in 3 of the last 4 league games and we're asking the question why he keeps getting picked despite 1 league goal and poor play in general. How long should we tolerate average/poor displays?

he needs to run around more to get into spaces to be more useful to the team.

running around to press that's only half his job.

You're forgetting that this is a team in which most of the players had not won in 4 games and were short on confidence. I suspect the emphasis today was safety first, that is don't lose rather than go for the win. That affected our attacking play.

well poch spoke about containment and quick breaks... i saw chadli, lamela and even mason at the end of our quick breaks, don't recall any with at the end of it, or playing a key part.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pr...ettino-plays-down-stalling-tactics-vs-arsenal

"Our plan, as you saw on the pitch, was to be compact, to be able to receive in the defensive line and, after we recover the ball, to go forward quick to surprise Arsenal. It was an important point for us. We need to build our team."

Back