• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

wow Ade can't have 2 bad games in a row without everyone jumping on him.

Roberto Nogoaldado on the other hand can go a whole season scoring 2 open play goals and missing some of the biggest sitters in history....and most still claim he should be ahead of Ade in the pecking order (as evidenced by the 'what should be our first 11' thread). This is also after Ade was literally bailing us out during the second half of last season.

I'll tell you exactly what will happen (i can tell you this because it's much identical to what happened when everyone started jumping on dawsons back and claimed it was his fault Chiriches was making mistakes and everything would be great when Kaboul returns). Soldado will come in and play utterly ****e (this will be put down to rust). After his 6th or so bad game the whole board will jump on him and claim they always knew he was crap.

I seem to remember a low cross - think it was from Rose - where he made no attempt whatsoever to get in front of his defender. If he did it was a tap-in, as it was, he was relying on the defender making an air shot.

Someone less generous than me might describe him as hiding behind his defender, but not me :^)

Fans will always disagree about players and their talent, I get that, but it's odd that half of the board feel he's a lazy sod who only tries intermittently, and yet others almost feel he is the hardest working player at the club.

When he's not scoring, assisting or linking up the play particularly well, I fail to see why he should keep being picked. Surely giving Soldado a try for a few games can't be much worse than what we are seeing now?

wow Ade can't have 2 bad games in a row without everyone jumping on him.

Roberto Nogoaldado on the other hand can go a whole season scoring 2 open play goals and missing some of the biggest sitters in history....and most still claim he should be ahead of Ade in the pecking order (as evidenced by the 'what should be our first 11' thread). This is also after Ade was literally bailing us out during the second half of last season.

I'll tell you exactly what will happen (i can tell you this because it's much identical to what happened when everyone started jumping on dawsons back and claimed it was his fault Chiriches was making mistakes and everything would be great when Kaboul returns). Soldado will come in and play utterly ****e (this will be put down to rust). After his 6th or so bad game the whole board will jump on him and claim they always knew he was crap.

He was awful for an entire season in 2012/13 and is still here. Soldado got half a season before it was decided he's not good enough. If Adebayor can get about 5 2nd chances then why can't Soldado KD?

Scored in both the 5-2s (penalty and then a re-bound from a Defoe shot). But he got sent off in the second one shortly after scoring.

Forgot about the pen. And i had thought Defoe had scored from an Ade shot but youre right.

Damn Saturday is going to be rough, glad I'm working.

He was awful for an entire season in 2012/13 and is still here. Soldado got half a season before it was decided he's not good enough. If Adebayor can get about 5 2nd chances then why can't Soldado KD?

When did Adebayor get 5 2nd chances?

* He came in 11/12 and was brilliant. Scored and assisted goals and was a huge success.
* He was poor for the most part of 2012/13 but that was mostly down to the manager not rating him and preferring somebody else. When he had to give Ade a run of games at the back end of the season he scored and was good.
* Didn't get a chance the first half the season. Second half he was probably our best player (minus Eriksen) and scored loads.

So in reality he hasn't been given any 2nd chances and has performed (generally). Of course this is all forgotten after 2 bad games.

* He came in 11/12 and was brilliant. Scored and assisted goals and was a huge success.
* He was poor for the most part of 2012/13 but that was mostly down to the manager not rating him and preferring somebody else. When he had to give Ade a run of games at the back end of the season he scored and was good.
* Didn't get a chance the first half the season. Second half he was probably our best player (minus Eriksen) and scored loads.

So in reality he hasn't been given any 2nd chances and has performed (generally). Of course this is all forgotten after 2 bad games.

Mate, I get you support the guy, but the truth is, for every club he has played he does this.

And .. two bad games? you think Ade played well for the last 7-9 games last season? imo, he hasn't has an outstanding game for us for months.

Given the players he had around him, 17 league goals was a good, not great return in 2011/12

2012/13 - Scored 5 league goals all season so anything other than awful doesn't do justice to how bad he was.

Last season - The good Adebayor returned.

He got chance after chance to prove himself in AVB's first season and continued to disappoint, up until the last 5 games or so. It took him 5 days to return after the ACN and missed training all week, forcing us to play no out and out striker against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Do you really blame AVB for not playing him after the shocker he had the previous campaign and given how quickly his form deteriorates? Every club he has been at has realised this.

Mate, I get you support the guy, but the truth is, for every club he has played he does this.

And .. two bad games? you think Ade played well for the last 7-9 games last season? imo, he hasn't has an outstanding game for us for months.

Well yes he played Excellent vs Sunderland last season and scored 2, he played well in the last game of the season and scored and i remember him playing well in a couple of other games at the end of the season too without scoring. I think you're exaggerating badly.

btw i don't care what he did at other clubs...i don't judge him on that.

Given the players he had around him, 17 league goals was a good, not great return in 2011/12

2012/13 - Scored 5 league goals all season so anything other than awful doesn't do justice to how bad he was.

Last season - The good Adebayor returned.

He got chance after chance to prove himself in AVB's first season and continued to disappoint, up until the last 5 games or so. It took him 5 days to return after the ACN and missed training all week, forcing us to play no out and out striker against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Do you really blame AVB for not playing him after the shocker he had the previous campaign and given how quickly his form deteriorates? Every club he has been at has realised this.

I think you're reachingggggggggg with that statement mate :lol:

in that 12/13 season he wasn't first choice and it was clear. I remember he was indeed poor in games he did get a chance for the most part but it was clear he was second choice. Put it this way...i think Ade's poor 12/13 season was better than Soldado's 13/14 season.

My thoughts are that we could've had Diego Costa up front yesterday and he would've also looked rubbish. Our centre forward was completely isolated, generally up against two or three defenders, with no support from our 'attacking' three.

My thoughts are that we could've had Diego Costa up front yesterday and he would've also looked rubbish. Our centre forward was completely isolated, generally up against two or three defenders, with no support from our 'attacking' three.

Exactly this.
I not exactly an Adebayor fan (one of the view who were against his loan and then against his signing) but what could he do yesterday.

Exactly this.
I not exactly an Adebayor fan (one of the view who were against his loan and then against his signing) but what could he do yesterday.

Not hiding behind his man at crosses would be a start. Attacking headers would help, as would holding off weaker players. Putting on a burst of the pace we all know he has would probably have got him a goal.

Not hiding behind his man at crosses would be a start. Attacking headers would help, as would holding off weaker players. Putting on a burst of the pace we all know he has would probably have got him a goal.

The missed header was poor I will agree there.... That was the best chance we created in the whole game and was there to be put away.

The problem is that he remains our best centre forward - especially if we're playing this 4-2-3-1 type system.

I was really hoping we'd sign Welbeck as I thought he could become our main man up front..... But apparently (according to many on this board) he wasn't good enough for us. (good enough for Arsenal though). Prior to Welbeck I was hoping that we could sign Remy... but again (according to many on this board) he wasn't good enough for us. (good enough for Chelsea though).

The missed header was poor I will agree there.... That was the best chance we created in the whole game and was there to be put away.

The problem is that he remains our best centre forward - especially if we're playing this 4-2-3-1 type system.

I was really hoping we'd sign Welbeck as I thought he could become our main man up front..... But apparently (according to many on this board) he wasn't good enough for us. (good enough for Arsenal though). Prior to Welbeck I was hoping that we could sign Remy... but again (according to many on this board) he wasn't good enough for us. (good enough for Chelsea though).

I'm not keen on either of those forwards, Wellbeck because he doesn't shoot often/well enough and Remy because he's better on the break than in possession (Chelsea can afford to have a player for a specific purpose like that). I'd have liked Benteke but not at anywhere near the prices we were quoted, not sure who I'd have gone for in the summer though - I think last summer was a better time to be shopping.

I'm not keen on either of those forwards, Wellbeck because he doesn't shoot often/well enough and Remy because he's better on the break than in possession (Chelsea can afford to have a player for a specific purpose like that). I'd have liked Benteke but not at anywhere near the prices we were quoted, not sure who I'd have gone for in the summer though - I think last summer was a better time to be shopping.

I'm think that is a lazy perspective on Remy taken because he did well playing such a way for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It doesn't mean it is the only way that he can play, just means that he has lots of different qualities. The goal he scored for Chelsea against Swansea last weekend didn't look to be a typical "on the break" goal and I don't think France are a team that like to play on the break either.

My thoughts were that both Welbeck and Remy are better than Soldado as well as being more suited to our formation. Signing either of them would've allowed us to move Soldado on (although I doubt we could've found anyone willing to take him on anything other than a loan deal?)

Benteke we should've brought in instead of Soldado and there was a deal to be done there..... The problem being that our manager at the time preferred to spend exactly the same money on Soldado who was both older and less suited to our style of play.

I'm think that is a lazy perspective on Remy taken because he did well playing such a way for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It doesn't mean it is the only way that he can play, just means that he has lots of different qualities. The goal he scored for Chelsea against Swansea last weekend didn't look to be a typical "on the break" goal and I don't think France are a team that like to play on the break either.

My thoughts were that both Welbeck and Remy are better than Soldado as well as being more suited to our formation. Signing either of them would've allowed us to move Soldado on (although I doubt we could've found anyone willing to take him on anything other than a loan deal?)

Benteke we should've brought in instead of Soldado and there was a deal to be done there..... The problem being that our manager at the time preferred to spend exactly the same money on Soldado who was both older and less suited to our style of play.

I'd prefer either of them to Soldado in his current form, but that's not how transfer decisions are made. I'd take Soldado on his previous form over both put together - we just need to help him recreate it.

Back