• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

From what I understand, the actual FFP regulations allow for clubs to negotiate with UEFA on their punishment if they flout them. So on that basis, I can't really criticise my club on the "choose your own punishment" front. That's more on UEFA being pushovers, and being fearful of some exceptionally powerful middle-eastern states, both diplomatically and (eventually) in the world of football. Plus I was always doubtful on the legality of FFP, so there'es that.
Neither am I too concerned about the internal emails that besmirch the people involved; personal attachment to people I have never met is something I left behind in my teenage years - realising people are a bit bricky is a part of life.

However, the parts that are concerning are the literal fraud. Hiding €35m from the records is a weird thing to do if we were apparently so comfy with the executives involved.

Mind you, I'm under zero illusions that we're the only team involved in stuff like this. Creative book balancing is without a doubt widespread throughout the sport. It's why I highly doubt there will be any repercussions (that is, if these Football Leaks are in fact real. If I remember a lot of the last 'batch' a few years ago were fakes?).
You’re not the only ones at it, PSG are too. Both clubs are as loathsome as each other really. Emirates Marketing Project are a medium sized club who spend more than all but about three or four clubs Worldwide. The difference is that unlike Emirates Marketing Project, those others are truly huge global clubs

The problem with FFP is that the punishment tends to be financial (and if there is one thing that the owners of Emirates Marketing Project and PSG have it is money).

Surely far better would be to dock points and strip clubs who fail FFP of any titles they win when breaking the rules. What is the point otherwise?

Agreed, but then FIFA and co won't get their pay day either

I think a super league would be great in some ways as long as we dont join.
Get rid of City and the rest of the doped clubs and don’t let the likes of Liverpool back in when fans switch off and stop going.
Sadly the super league won’t happen!
I love watching serie a games among the top 8, how they could ever get rid of those games is beyond me.
City will only be reigned in when the epl suffers which I think is starting to happen. Spain went through this with Barcelona and Rael ruling the roost and are only now trying to repair the damage done to La Liga.

Last edited:
I think a super league would be great in some ways as long as we dont join.
Get rid of City and the rest of the doped clubs and don’t let the likes of Liverpool back in when fans switch off and stop going.
Sadly the super league won’t happen!
I love watching serie a games among the top 8, how they could ever get rid of those games is beyond me.
City will only be reigned in when the epl suffers which I think is starting to happen. Spain went through this with Barcelona and Rael ruling the roost and are only now trying to repair the damage done to La Liga.
And yet despite the doom and gloom we have finished above City in two recent seasons and above Chelsea, utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. Leicester have won the League as we all know. Every thing has cycles we just need to be in a position to take advantage when City have a dip. It's like playing a big game you gave to take the few chances that come your way to win. I still live in hope.

And yet despite the doom and gloom we have finished above City in two recent seasons and above Chelsea, utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. Leicester have won the League as we all know. Every thing has cycles we just need to be in a position to take advantage when City have a dip. It's like playing a big game you gave to take the few chances that come your way to win. I still live in hope.

It's not just a City/doped team vs Spurs it ts the systemic imbalance from e.g. Brighton vs Chelsea.
There has to be governance to stop an excessively wealthy individuals/countries from buying success and that goes for the ENIC's or anybody.

But ffp was conceived to combat this very scenario!
The stated reason for FFP was to stop clubs getting into financial trouble not the fairness of competition (in reality it was the big clubs scared of Emirates Marketing Project & PSG etc )

The UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFP) were established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival.

"Fifty per cent of clubs are losing money and this is an increasing trend. We needed to stop this downward spiral. They have spent more than they have earned in the past and haven't paid their debts. We don't want to kill or hurt the clubs; on the contrary, we want to help them in the market. The teams who play in our tournaments have unanimously agreed to our principles…living within your means is the basis of accounting but it hasn't been the basis of football for years now. The owners are asking for rules because they can't implement them themselves - many of them have had it with shovelling money into clubs and the more money you put into clubs, the harder it is to sell at a profit"

The problem with FFP is that the punishment tends to be financial (and if there is one thing that the owners of Emirates Marketing Project and PSG have it is money).

Surely far better would be to dock points and strip clubs who fail FFP of any titles they win when breaking the rules. What is the point otherwise?

the UEFFA punishments are only in relation to CL and not the PL - they have banned clubs from the competition and Inter have had their squad size for CL restricted, the punishments are not only financial and where they are I believe they have to come from the club rather than the owner- i.e. they will need to cook the books again to get the money to pay the fine and if they get caught they will have a more severe punishment.

the UEFFA punishments are only in relation to CL and not the PL - they have banned clubs from the competition and Inter have had their squad size for CL restricted, the punishments are not only financial and where they are I believe they have to come from the club rather than the owner- i.e. they will need to cook the books again to get the money to pay the fine and if they get caught they will have a more severe punishment.
I would like to see the comparisons of the FFP flouting between the clubs that UEFA have banned, Inter Milan, Emirates Marketing Project and PSG. It is abundantly clear that both Emirates Marketing Project and PSG are blatantly flouting the rules with their owners paying the fines, just with a thin masquerading veneer of these monies being sponsorship.

I would like to see the comparisons of the FFP flouting between the clubs that UEFA have banned, Inter Milan, Emirates Marketing Project and PSG. It is abundantly clear that both Emirates Marketing Project and PSG are blatantly flouting the rules with their owners paying the fines, just with a thin masquerading veneer of these monies being sponsorship.
yes agreed - there is a quote somewhere in the emails (I heard on a podcast) where the Sheik stated he would rather pay the most expensive lawyers the £35M and hold it up in court rather than pay the fine.

It does then go onto how confident that Uefa are in the legality of FFP however.

yes agreed - there is a quote somewhere in the emails (I heard on a podcast) where the Sheik stated he would rather pay the most expensive lawyers the £35M and hold it up in court rather than pay the fine.

It does then go onto how confident that Uefa are in the legality of FFP however.
If they're not confident in the legality of it then they might as well scrap it. Either put a rule in place and stick to it, or don't bother at all.

It seems that in behaviour that unfortunately is typical of football governing bodies they instead impose their rules on the weak, while allowing the strong to get away with murder.

Both Emirates Marketing Project and PSV should've been thrown out of the CL and banned until they could properly prove that they were obeying the rules.

I think it is clear that the FFP rules were solely put in place by UEFA to ensure that the existing richest clubs could pull up the drawbridge, protecting their position and avoiding any new super wealthy oligarchs coming in and upsetting the applecart. Of course they had to try to disguise that with the 'fair play' nonsense and try to show that they were merely protecting clubs from getting into debt and potentially going bankrupt. Of course if UEFA were really worried about this, then they would have allowed situations where owners of clubs could gift money to their own clubs (as PSG and Emirates Marketing Project are effectively doing through the back door anyway). However allowing this would mean that any Tom, dingdong or City could get a new gazillionaire and join the party while pushing one of the founder members out of the cosy little club.

We all know FFP was done to create a closed shop of the existing rich clubs and the old clubs that are now brick like AC Milan thought they would just bounce back

It’s why teams like Milan are pushing for the new super league with then as a protected entity but in reality their not significant anymore but don’t like it...

Football has not got the bottle to at on the good of the game. Qatar and Russia still will and have staged WCs they should never have been awarded. Terry and Suarez were allowed to continue their way in game despite being found guilty of racism (so much for kick it out) and they you get FFP which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I love the game but their are huge elements I can no longer stand.

Football has not got the bottle to at on the good of the game. Qatar and Russia still will and have staged WCs they should never have been awarded. Terry and Suarez were allowed to continue their way in game despite being found guilty of racism (so much for kick it out) and they you get FFP which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I can't dance with any of that to be honest, football is a game i have played worked in and followed for over 50 years and it has taken up most of my life gladly. However the game today stinks and my love of the game has sunk with it, i still love Spurs but overall it is no longer the game i fell in love with as a kid.

I can't dance with any of that to be honest, football is a game i have played worked in and followed for over 50 years and it has taken up most of my life gladly. However the game today stinks and my love of the game has sunk with it, i still love Spurs but overall it is no longer the game i fell in love with as a kid.

Mate its a souless product now which is fine but the saying "move with the times" I never agree with, you like what you like and ultimately if football fails to offer what I value I will find it elsewhere.

Love tottenham, put up with football.

Convicted drink drivers, murderers, wife beaters..if you are good at kicking a ball around it doesn’t matter

I started going when I was 11 and have loved this club as its part of my family, but I don't feel the same about the game. Much as I loved going to Spurs I got as much if not more enjoyment playing the game and missed 20 years of going regularly to play on a Saturday. It not the same game that I loved and its not just at the top level, I have been to watch my grandson play and they dont seem to get the joy I remember as a kid, too many people watching them and telling them what to do, nobody watched kids games when I played and it was great to be with your mates and misbehave in our innocent ways without adults spoiling things.

Back