• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

From what I understand, the actual FFP regulations allow for clubs to negotiate with UEFA on their punishment if they flout them. So on that basis, I can't really criticise my club on the "choose your own punishment" front. That's more on UEFA being pushovers, and being fearful of some exceptionally powerful middle-eastern states, both diplomatically and (eventually) in the world of football. Plus I was always doubtful on the legality of FFP, so there'es that.
Neither am I too concerned about the internal emails that besmirch the people involved; personal attachment to people I have never met is something I left behind in my teenage years - realising people are a bit bricky is a part of life.

However, the parts that are concerning are the literal fraud. Hiding €35m from the records is a weird thing to do if we were apparently so comfy with the executives involved.

Mind you, I'm under zero illusions that we're the only team involved in stuff like this. Creative book balancing is without a doubt widespread throughout the sport. It's why I highly doubt there will be any repercussions (that is, if these Football Leaks are in fact real. If I remember a lot of the last 'batch' a few years ago were fakes?).

I do remember at the time finding the whole thing pointless when PSG and City both seemed to get off scot free, despite on the surface not having got close to meeting the rules that were advertised.

From what I understand, the actual FFP regulations allow for clubs to negotiate with UEFA on their punishment if they flout them. So on that basis, I can't really criticise my club on the "choose your own punishment" front. That's more on UEFA being pushovers, and being fearful of some exceptionally powerful middle-eastern states, both diplomatically and (eventually) in the world of football. Plus I was always doubtful on the legality of FFP, so there'es that.
Neither am I too concerned about the internal emails that besmirch the people involved; personal attachment to people I have never met is something I left behind in my teenage years - realising people are a bit bricky is a part of life.

However, the parts that are concerning are the literal fraud. Hiding €35m from the records is a weird thing to do if we were apparently so comfy with the executives involved.

Mind you, I'm under zero illusions that we're the only team involved in stuff like this. Creative book balancing is without a doubt widespread throughout the sport. It's why I highly doubt there will be any repercussions (that is, if these Football Leaks are in fact real. If I remember a lot of the last 'batch' a few years ago were fakes?).
City and PSG are in a league of their own. Other clubs might well have done a bit of creative book balancing, but nowhere near the scale of City and PSG.
And if you don't believe that, you're fudging blind.

We're under no illusions either. You cheated.

City and PSG are in a league of their own. Other clubs might well have done a bit of creative book balancing, but nowhere near the scale of City and PSG.
And if you don't believe that, you're fudging blind.

Obviously, because these two clubs are the ones who have spent by far and away the most.

We're under no illusions either. You cheated.

Cheated in regards to which bit? If you're referencing the bit where I said my club committed fraud, then isn't it clear I agree?

Personal attachment to people I have never met is something I left behind in my teenage years - realising people are a bit bricky is a part of life.

Isn't that the opposite of being a football fan? Being caught up in the emotions of it all, cheering on your players etc

Like being gutted for de Bruyne for instance.

Obviously, because these two clubs are the ones who have spent by far and away the most.

Cheated in regards to which bit? If you're referencing the bit where I said my club committed fraud, then isn't it clear I agree?
Those €35m is just the tip of the iceberg, a tinkle in the ocean.

I can’t understand why bother hidnung the 35M as SWP says

It’s nothing that anyone didn’t expect

City are the richest club in the world but their turnover numbers don’t correlate to a fan base that’s comparable with the clubs their comparing themselves too and they have created their own commercial revenue

It’s exactly what I would do if I owned a club

The only good thing to come out of it was they made United look stupid.
Which a bit of schadenfreude me thinks

I can't understand why people are concerned, it's the way the world works if you have enough money you can do what you want, the rules dont apply to them.

Colleagues handling Der Spiegel #mcfc allegations in my absence today but they're damning. Etihad paying just £8m a yr towards annual £67.5m "Etihad" deal - and rest paid by Abu Dhabi - just one of the claims. Demands a serious, urgent investigation from the game's authorities

Back