• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

Haven't been on this forum for ages due to the utter idiocy of far too many people, come back today and yep, people still spouting idiotic things... Bizarre.

We were very unlucky to lose 4-1, had some crazy decisions against us; but it was extremely promising play, we cow;de easily got something today, we looked dangerous in attack. I really think Soldado made us tick in attack and will be devastated if we see Ade there against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Bizarre decision to "rest" Jan, we need him in the team, Fazio and Kabul are not a partnership!

Can't help but agree with your opening sentence.

Depression time over. Went to the game fully expecting to get tanked. Up until Fazio's red card I actually thought that we could get something out of it. Then again I had several beers on board. Our away support was magnificent as usual. Emirates Marketing Project fans are a pleasant bunch, but I suppose they can afford to be benevolent. Couple of pics from my seat:

IMAG0591.jpgIMAG0592.jpgIMAG0594.jpg

Headlines are 'Another City Rout' but it was far from it!

I thought we played well and some of our attacking play was excellent. Defensively was a worry again, Aguero ripped us apart far too easily.

Did anyone see the half time advertisement on the big screen

"Buy one ticket get one free"

No not for a League Cup game but for a CL game! They really are a club that have won the lottery! Why on earth are they extending their stadium...it's already too big!

Haven't been on this forum for ages due to the utter idiocy of far too many people, come back today and yep, people still spouting idiotic things... Bizarre.

We were very unlucky to lose 4-1, had some crazy decisions against us; but it was extremely promising play, we cow;de easily got something today, we looked dangerous in attack. I really think Soldado made us tick in attack and will be devastated if we see Ade there against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Bizarre decision to "rest" Jan, we need him in the team, Fazio and Kabul are not a partnership!

Don't forget that Aguero waltzed past Vertonghen to score, just like he danced past Kaboul twice.

I still have no idea why Fazio jogged back slowly and fouled Aguero to be sent off, he had an age to get back but chose to amble

Depression time over. Went to the game fully expecting to get tanked. Up until Fazio's red card I actually thought that we could get something out of it. Then again I had several beers on board. Our away support was magnificent as usual. Emirates Marketing Project fans are a pleasant bunch, but I suppose they can afford to be benevolent. Couple of pics from my seat:

View attachment 2146View attachment 2147View attachment 2148

Not bad seats. What were you, Row 8 or something?

We have something similar at Villa right neat the front

Not bad seats. What were you, Row 8 or something?

We have something similar at Villa right neat the front

Row 11 (K). I was pretty impressed with the ground, plenty of room in the concourse and easy enough to get to and from.

I've really not been all that bothered about the defeat yesterday. I don't think anyone was expecting us to take anything from the game, so the fact that we didn't doesn't really bother me all that much. This is the sort of fixture you look at in the calendar where any points you gain are very much points won as opposed to anything being dropped. What I was really worried about was getting totally outplayed all over the pitch and getting smashed to pieces, which despite the scoreline, I don't believe happened.

After some of our recent games against the big sides, seeing us going away from home and taking the game to the champions, actually creating some good chances with genuinely attractive football, was great to see. We did control long spells of the game. Was particularly impressed with Mason, Eriksen, Soldado and even Chadli who I normally don't rate as anything other than a guy with good pace and strength that gets into good positions. The line between success and failure can be so thin in games like this, and had Soldado scored the penalty I see no reason why we wouldn't have taken something from the game, as we were playing well, coming back into it and City's crowd would have gotten nervous at having thrown the lead away twice.

The problem, again, was poor performances in defence. Kaboul was immense against Arsenal and followed it up with a good showing against Southampton, but yesterday he was back to his old error prone self - clumsy challenges, poor positioning, panicking and giving the ball away needlessly...we need him replaced in the starting line-up immediately. Assuming the Fazio red card is rescinded, I'd start him and Vertonghen against Saudi Sportswashing Machine for sure.

If we play as well as we did for the 67 minutes in which we had 11 men yesterday in our next four games, we will win all of them.

I've really not been all that bothered about the defeat yesterday. I don't think anyone was expecting us to take anything from the game, so the fact that we didn't doesn't really bother me all that much. This is the sort of fixture you look at in the calendar where any points you gain are very much points won as opposed to anything being dropped. What I was really worried about was getting totally outplayed all over the pitch and getting smashed to pieces, which despite the scoreline, I don't believe happened.

After some of our recent games against the big sides, seeing us going away from home and taking the game to the champions, actually creating some good chances with genuinely attractive football, was great to see. We did control long spells of the game. Was particularly impressed with Mason, Eriksen, Soldado and even Chadli who I normally don't rate as anything other than a guy with good pace and strength that gets into good positions. The line between success and failure can be so thin in games like this, and had Soldado scored the penalty I see no reason why we wouldn't have taken something from the game, as we were playing well, coming back into it and City's crowd would have gotten nervous at having thrown the lead away twice.

The problem, again, was poor performances in defence. Kaboul was immense against Arsenal and followed it up with a good showing against Southampton, but yesterday he was back to his old error prone self - clumsy challenges, poor positioning, panicking and giving the ball away needlessly...we need him replaced in the starting line-up immediately. Assuming the Fazio red card is rescinded, I'd start him and Vertonghen against Saudi Sportswashing Machine for sure.

If we play as well as we did for the 67 minutes in which we had 11 men yesterday in our next four games, we will win all of them.

Agree 100%

Don't forget that Aguero waltzed past Vertonghen to score, just like he danced past Kaboul twice.

I still have no idea why Fazio jogged back slowly and fouled Aguero to be sent off, he had an age to get back but chose to amble

Fazio was going as fast as he could. Note various La Liga commentators stated his lack of pace was his major weakness.

I'm with suiyha.

I said before the match that this is a good test for the boys and I'm glad that poch had the cojones to attack Emirates Marketing Project. We had nothing to lose, and lots to gain experience and learn from what is a team of several world class players.

The change in attack was welcome, we were threatening, and should've gotten more goals.

The change in defence didn't seem to help mainly because we were lacking a proper rb and were exploited for it.

It's humbling but it's clear to see that we don't have as yet any world class players. A pity given the amount we've spent on the magnificent seven.

Kaboul has always had a mistake in him per game, but if fit he can also be a monster.

I would play him at RB, and move. Dier to RCB with Vets at LCB. Leave them there unless some one is injured or Walker returns. They need to learn how to play together. Kaboul can beat a man out wide and is not afraid to take the FB on, Lennon could learn from his attitude.
Moreover, it reduces the impact of his error when it will eventually come as it is less likely to be in a very dangerous position.
If Dier and Verts can develop an understanding recognising neither is particularly quick then we can build on their excellent techniques.

"And Lampard was in an offside position in the keeper’s line of sight. Questionable to say the least. not according to Alan Shearer on MOTD. Lampard couldn’t be offside ‘because Lloris wouldn’t have saved it anyway.” Rewrite the laws if it suits why don’t you. Or use your brain, which is why you get paid a 7 figure sum for a torrent of smug drivel."

If Shearer actually said that then he really is a brainless dolt.

Fazio was going as fast as he could. Note various La Liga commentators stated his lack of pace was his major weakness.

No he wasn't. Watch it again please. Fazio strolled along, jogging at about 4mph for ages, looking at Aguero, and only tried to accelerate when Aguero accelerated.

Guess what, Aguero outpaced him and he had to pull him back. He could easily have run back goalside, easily.

Kaboul has always had a mistake in him per game, but if fit he can also be a monster.

I would play him at RB, and move. Dier to RCB with Vets at LCB. Leave them there unless some one is injured or Walker returns. They need to learn how to play together. Kaboul can beat a man out wide and is not afraid to take the FB on, Lennon could learn from his attitude.
Moreover, it reduces the impact of his error when it will eventually come as it is less likely to be in a very dangerous position.
If Dier and Verts can develop an understanding recognising neither is particularly quick then we can build on their excellent techniques.

I'd be happier with Kaboul at RB than CB as his mistakes hopefully wouldn't cost us as much. He still gets beaten in the air far too much for my liking.

A lot of positives to take from this game. Go back a season and the scoreline wasn't entirely different, but the performance was like from a different dimension.

We're still settling in, we're still relying on a lot of players that are young, inexperienced and relatively new to the league, Poch is still doing his thing. Yet we looked like we could easily get a draw away to a very settled, top class Emirates Marketing Project side up until the red card. We created chances and we were at least at times brave on the ball. We were ripped apart by a fantastic Aguero when some of our defenders were making mistakes, but this happens to most teams.

Hope we can put in a similar performance against the smaller (than City) teams we're up against next. I think it could result in a lot of points.

I'd be happier with Kaboul at RB than CB as his mistakes hopefully wouldn't cost us as much. He still gets beaten in the air far too much for my liking.

Kaboul was our best player against Arsenal and was decent against Southampton. Better defenders than him will be made to look stupid by Aguero before this season is out. I would prefer to judge him over a range of games.

Kaboul was our best player against Arsenal and was decent against Southampton. Better defenders than him will be made to look stupid by Aguero before this season is out. I would prefer to judge him over a range of games.

I'm judging him over the season so far plus the time we've already watched him, about 5 years now. I don't blame him for getting torn a new one by Aguero, I do find it worrying when he gets bullied and outplayed by the likes of Carlton Cole. I'd say those are the only games he has played well in, plus QPR I guess but he barely had anything to do.

I'm judging him over the season so far plus the time we've already watched him, about 5 years now. I don't blame him for getting torn a new one by Aguero, I do find it worrying when he gets bullied and outplayed by the likes of Carlton Cole.

He's been injured for the last two years and has understandably taken a while to find his feet.

Interesting idea to swap Dier and Kaboul around.

After Kaboul had given a penalty away against Silva, Dier was clearly talking to him and saying "I was right there, why did you do it, I was just waiting in his path, there was no need, if you go in like that for the ball you have to reach out full steam and get the ball, you are une baguette" etc.

Back