• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

I sincerely hope this is not a brief flash in the pan and that he does not fall below this standard. He should be proud of his recent performances, I am. I really did not think he had it in him.

I am happy to say he has proved me wrong, long may it continue.
3 or 4 games on the trot, I don't think so. Long may it continue.

What was really noticeable with Emerson today was how little he went backwards. He’s often done it in the past - taken the easy, safe pass. Today, he went forward of sideways pretty much every time. Looks like he’s been told to be more positive and taken that on.

I think he's been taking steps with his buildup play earlier in the season too. But at times no Kulusevski, at times we haven't functioned well as a team.

Also seems that he's gotten a solid boost to his confidence now. Along with actual support from fans. Great to see.

You can't help but feel happy for the guy after all the brick that's been thrown at him. We've seen more talented players who let their heads drop once the fans turn on them. He's not the next Gareth Bale but he's a useful player to have in the team and yesterday, he worked his socks off. He never (publicly) complained and never had a bad word about the club, so it's nice to see his attitude rewarded.

I'd say the big thing is he's calmer in his decision making.

A month ago he would have missed that goal from a simple rush of blood to the head - this reflects in everything else he's doing on the pitch now.

If it took spending 40 million to get him operating at the top of his game, so be it. I feel for Porro slightly but at the moment, Royal is playing lights out.

See how happy he was to say he was going to be a dad too, finding out that might have had an affect on his play as well !!

Brilliant to see him being cheered by the fans, he has come here and been asked to do a job that he has never done before ( attacking W/B) he has got his head down and worked hard to play a different system. I remember being at the game ( can not remember which team it was) when he was taken of and there were dingdongheads in the crowd actually cheering/ jeering as he walked off.

Call themselves fans and then boo their own players :( Good for him for proving them all wrong.

Brilliant to see him being cheered by the fans, he has come here and been asked to do a job that he has never done before ( attacking W/B) he has got his head down and worked hard to play a different system. I remember being at the game ( can not remember which team it was) when he was taken of and there were dingdongheads in the crowd actually cheering/ jeering as he walked off.

Call themselves fans and then boo their own players :( Good for him for proving them all wrong.

Think that was against The Victims. The reaction to one of his crosses, which was poor in fairness, was pretty disgusting. The lad looked shattered after it. Fair play to him for coming back from it. Let's hope the run of form/improvement continues.

Think that was against The Victims. The reaction to one of his crosses, which was poor in fairness, was pretty disgusting. The lad looked shattered after it. Fair play to him for coming back from it. Let's hope the run of form/improvement continues.

Think that was the one, he obviously has a great attitude as i have seen players destroyed by some of the flack he has had to suffer from dingdongheads among our support.

I think Royale is the epitome of hard work and making the best of what you have.
He's not a natural talented footballer, but has work rate and physical attributes in abundance. Think he's a perfect professional, that just plods on and works hard to improve, and we're seeing results.
I've been critical of him since before we signed him, as I knew a bit about him from his Barca days. He was the least Brazilian Brazilian footballer I've seen. He's still not great technically, but his close control has improved immensely since joining.
Absolutely wonderful to see such a massive improvement from a player!

I was at that game and had words with someone about their abuse of him. Not the first time I've had to in fairness. Anyone who understands football could see he is a technically great right-back and had a lot of learning to do to fit into Conte's wing-back position. His dedication and hard work has been superb the past 10 months. His shape and perseverance on the pitch has always been strong. Delighted for him.

Back