• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eddie howe

de Boer wouldnt be a bad shout. Laudrup similarly. Frankly though, the way we look this season, anyone would be better than AVB. Seriously, how can a team only score 6 goals from open play in 12 games?

Laudrup is useless. He's not a coach, he's a manager and a poor one at that. You can't say anything definitive of Martinez, Rodgers or Pochettino yet. There's a lot of football left to be played this season.

For any US based posters, am I right in thinking that Klinsmann has gotten a bit of stick for being too cautious with the US national team?

de Boer wouldnt be a bad shout. Laudrup similarly. Frankly though, the way we look this season, anyone would be better than AVB. Seriously, how can a team only score 6 goals from open play in 12 games?

I read a good line in the paper yesterday

" it wasnt too long ago that Spurs were scoring 9 in one game........now they can only manage 9 in 11 games" (well 9 in 12 after today)

sad but true

Laudrup is useless. He's not a coach, he's a manager and a poor one at that. You can't say anything definitive of Martinez, Rodgers or Pochettino yet. There's a lot of football left to be played this season.

For any US based posters, am I right in thinking that Klinsmann has gotten a bit of stick for being too cautious with the US national team?

no to Laudrup.... Klinsmann?? would he even hang around for more than a year?

no to Laudrup.... Klinsmann?? would he even hang around for more than a year?

There was this article last week:

Tottenham will reportedly target United States national team boss Jurgen Klinsmann as a possible successor to Andre Villas-Boas should the Portuguese manager fail to secure a Champions League spot for next term.

The Daily Mail claim that the former White Hart Lane striker will top Tottenham’s wish-list if a top four spot is not secured, a move that may well tempt the German next summer.

Villas-Boas has spent over £100m on new players over the summer, making full use of the funds accrued from the sale of many first team players, most notably Gareth Bale, and if the former Chelsea manager fails to convert that spend into a coveted Champions League berth then he will be axed.

Klinsmann took over as United States national team manager back in July 2011 and has successfully secured qualification for the 2014 World Cup finals but once the competition has been completed a move back to the Premier League could well prove very tempting.

The 49 year old enjoyed two successful spells as a player at the North London club, achieving cult status among the club’s supporters and scoring 39 goals in 65 appearances.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/11/17/tottenham-look-to-appoint-jurgen-klinsmann-as-new-manager-if-andre-villas-boas-fails-to-secure-champions-league-qualification/

We have to give AVB this season. Have to.

That said, considering how we're going it's wise to start planning in advance. So who would be available in the summer of 2014 in case AVB continues to f*ck up on this scale?

Big Phil Scolari. - he will remain with Brazil, they love him over there.

Guus Hiddink, probably. - maybe, but he would want massive wages and is almost 70 (lots of managers turn senile at that age)

Mauricio Pochettino, perhaps. - again, a possibility, but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Southampton finish above us this season. Besides, he will probably get a job offer abroad from a Champions League team.

Roberto Martinez, maybe. - he strikes me as the loyal type, given how long he was at Wigan, turning down Aston Villa. Unlikely.

Brendan Rodgers, possibly, if Liverpool don't make the Champions League. - they probably will be in the CL but even if not, chances are they finish above us - and if that's the case, we have zero pull over a club like that. Sad truth.

Vincenzo Montella from Fiorentina, probably. - he might want to remain in Italy with his project there. Italians generally stay in Italy in their younger years.

Marcelino from Villarreal, possibly. - needs to do a lot more first.

Lucien Favre from Gladbach, probably. - fair suggestion.

Sami Hyppia from Bayer Leverkusen, possibly. - Bayer will be in the CL next season, he's establishing them as the third best team in Germany. Besides, he's said he'd like to one day manage Liverpool, we need someone (unlike AVB) who WANTS to be HERE for the long haul.

Rene Girard from Lille, possibly. - good shout.

Jurgen Klinsmann, probably. - much as we love him, I don't think he would make a very good club manager.

[B[Glenn Hoddle, possibly.[/B] - silly.

Marcelo Bielsa, possibly. - available, who knows.

Eddie f*cking Howe, possibly. - if we want to go English and young we could do worse!

Just in case, these are probably the best we can hope for unless the board surprise us and pull a Wenger out of their hat or a 'top tier' manager like Simeone. Crucially, though, they deserve some time to mould their own sides should we appoint them. Just like AVB deserves some time now. So, we should hold of on fully judging him until the end of the season, and we definitely shouldn't sack him.

My take on it.

From Germany the only two who strike me as possibilities are Lucien Favre from Moenchengladbach or Mirko Slomka from Hannover.

Others like Klopp for instance are well out of reach. There's no way on earth I could imagine us getting a Klopp or a Simeone.

"Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides."

Wiki though, so could well be bollox.

rene meulensteen?

RVP said he was the best coach he's ever worked with and many have said Ronaldo is as good as he is now thanks to Muelensteen.

a shame that he's just gone to Fulham as I believe he'll take over from Jol.

I would love us to try to persuade Jupp Heynckes out of retirement. I'm not sure that he wanted to step down from Bayern, so we could provide an interesting challenge to him.

I think we are poised for Klinsmann in all honesty. I'd like him but not sure seeing as he has only been managing national teams for the last few years. I'm certain that moving from that to a league team isn't ideal but then again maybe a risk is what's needed, one thing for sure is he will have us playing a more attacking brand of football. I did however read an interview with him where he worked with the German players to rebrand their national game into one that the players wanted to be part of and identify with. Pretty sure that sort of democracy would work well with our team

I think we are poised for Klinsmann in all honesty. I'd like him but not sure seeing as he has only been managing national teams for the last few years. I'm certain that moving from that to a league team isn't ideal but then again maybe a risk is what's needed, one thing for sure is he will have us playing a more attacking brand of football. I did however read an interview with him where he worked with the German players to rebrand their national game into one that the players wanted to be part of and identify with. Pretty sure that sort of democracy would work well with our team

Klinsmann would make a great DoF, but he's certainly no coach. For Germany he oversaw the bigger structural changes, whilst Joachim Low did the work on the training pitch.

I have no idea who we could go for, but I don't think there is a professional manager in football who could do any worse than what is being served up at the moment. Even journeymen like Bruce and McCarthy or Mark Hughes would be doing better than this.

This alas is the problem. In the short term, almost any manager might get more out of our team. But in the absence of any alternative candidates, and assuming that we have won one or more league games by Christmas, we should stick with AVB. Do think he should NOT travel to Norway though, pass the game to Steffen or Tim Sherwood or anyone, just concentrate on Manchester United all week.

I have no idea who we could go for, but I don't think there is a professional manager in football who could do any worse than what is being served up at the moment. Even journeymen like Bruce and McCarthy or Mark Hughes would be doing better than this.

This alas is the problem. In the short term, almost any manager might get more out of our team. But in the absence of any alternative candidates, and assuming that we have won one or more league games by Christmas, we should stick with AVB. Do think he should NOT travel to Norway though, pass the game to Steffen or Tim Sherwood or anyone, just concentrate on Manchester United all week.

The media reaction to that would be disasterous. It would be creating a crisis out of a blip.

Better surely to get some confidence and some more time working on interplay between the front 4?

"Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides."

Wiki though, so could well be bollox.

If you get a chance you should check out a Moenchengladback game, they really do play good football and have been put together on a tiny outlay.

Back