• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Yesterday was a real struggle

Made sure I ate well last night, got a good sleep and today has been a much better day so far

Big cuddles from my wife/youngest helped this morning too and some fresh air

Getting outside whether it be on a walk or playing golf makes huge differences to my mental wellbeing

Yesterday was a real struggle

Made sure I ate well last night, got a good sleep and today has been a much better day so far

Big cuddles from my wife/youngest helped this morning too and some fresh air

Getting outside whether it be on a walk or playing golf makes huge differences to my mental wellbeing

Good stuff mate. Good stuff..:

Nothing like a good night's work to create that feeling of 'bouncebackability'.

USATSI_21652400-scaled-e1697347299432-1024x683.jpg

I'm good at what I do and I know it. More importantly, I'm good at how I go about doing my job. Spent the entire week brooding about the work fiasco I've previously outlined. Felt utterly hollowed out and numb. Moped around the house. Had great seats to see a favourite band in an intimate venue and didn't even go to the show. Never experienced this before.

Last night, I prepped my work equipment early and dressed well before heading out to work for a different client. At the arena, enjoyed a favourite pre-game meal, tuna and salmon sushi maki. Set up early, bantered with arena crew members and ushers I've known for years. Good reference points and found my head clear, my focus restored, feeling relaxed and ready to enjoy myself. Had a great shoot with the chap above shown celebrating his hat trick goal, the second consecutive game he's scored a hat trick. It's getting good media play.

It doesn't erase all my negative thoughts, but it puts a fair few rungs on the ladder to climb out of the pit of despair. Upward. Onward.

Last edited:
I love reading this thread and seeing people talk through their issues. I really think it helps to have a place to air your issues in a supportive and positive manner.

Know over the years I have fallen out with some of you. But genuinely have a love for you all.

Been through my own brick, but if any of you guys are in trouble PM me, I got your back.

I love reading this thread and seeing people talk through their issues. I really think it helps to have a place to air your issues in a supportive and positive manner.

Know over the years I have fallen out with some of you. But genuinely have a love for you all.

Been through my own brick, but if any of you guys are in trouble PM me, I got your back.

Great post.

You know I always love your posts, Danish, so right back at you! I'm trying to get back up on my feet after my mania/psychosis. It's rough. The Meds knock me right out and makes it hard to function, but at least they're knocking the crazy out of me. Got another appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow hoping to get a mood stabilizer like lithium in the mix, to see if it helps with this absolute dire mood of mine. Thankfully my ex and i are talking again, and I've spent the past few hours with her and my son, which has been wonderful. A step in the right direction! I don't know for how long I need to be on sick leave, but probably a good while longer seeing as I was psychotic for so long. Taking one day at a time. The loneliness is one of the worst parts. Hope I can get back to work in some shape or form sooner rather than later. 2023, annus horibilis for me, fudging hell. Everything just went south. 2024 can't be much worse, feel like I'm at rock bottom now trying to build myself up. Really appreciate all the support in here. You guys are awesome. And I 100% agree with Danish. This thread is a wonderful example of primarily men opening up and daring to be vulnerable. The ability to be vulnerable is a strength I've come to learn. It really is. Thanks all! :)

I’ve just discovered this thread, having seen my anxiety return with a vengeance recently.

It makes such a difference to know you’re not alone. Not in a misery-loves-company-sort-of-way. More a GHod, it’s not just me that struggles with life at times.

I’ve actually had a decent week after having a bit of a meltdown last weekend and have taken some positive steps that have helped a lot.

My thoughts are with everyone that’s finding life a struggle - @greatwhitenorf, I can certainly sympathise with work being hard - and I hope everyone that is finds better times in time.

I got approved to have transcranial magnetic stimulation TMS at the blackdog institute here in Sydney. I had applied for TMS & a ketermin trial. They said due to my serious mental health problems I couldn't be considered for the ketermin trial.

I will now spend 36 weeks 3 days a week having treatment. I really hope this has an effect as I need something to give me hope otherwise it's back to going around in circles going nowhere. I'm' sick & tired of doctors just increasing my meds until I'm a Zombie then lowering it when my episodes disapate. My GP told me it has a 60 percent success rate so Fingers crossed

Last edited:
I got approved to have transcranial magnetic stimulation TMS at the blackdog institute here in Sydney. I had applied for TMS & a ketermin trial. They said due to my serious mental health problems I couldn't be considered for the ketermin trial.

I will now spend 36 weeks 3 days a week having treatment. I really hope this has an effect as I need something to give me hope otherwise it's back to going around in circles going nowhere. I'm' sick & tired of doctors just increasing my meds until I'm a Zombie then lowering it when my episodes disapate. My GP told me it has a 60 percent success rate so Fingers crossed

The very best of luck…I’ve read about TMS and am interested to hear how it works…

The very best of luck…I’ve read about TMS and am interested to hear how it works…
From my limited knowledge it works by using magnetic pulses to increase the electrical pulses to the left side of the brain while decreasing the electrical pulses to right said of the brain.

The possible side affects are headaches, seizures, hearing loss but it comes back & blurred vision when they continued telling me all the risks I said stop & asked where do I sign. For me it's worth the risk

I will update in here if people are interested

Very best wishes to you fella and I will keep my fingers crossed this is successful in improving your daily life.

From my limited knowledge it works by using magnetic pulses to increase the electrical pulses to the left side of the brain while decreasing the electrical pulses to right said of the brain.

The possible side affects are headaches, seizures, hearing loss but it comes back & blurred vision when they continued telling me all the risks I said stop & asked where do I sign. For me it's worth the risk

I am very interested and have read about the theory behind it. The very best of luck!

Sounds very interesting! Please update us, and the best of luck to you!

I'm down in the dumps waiting for my psychiatrist to finally give me the bipolar diagnosis, which hopefully will grant med access to medication (lithium) that I'm hoping will have some effect. Currently on Zyprexa for the mania, but so damned depressed these days I can barely take care of myself. Seeing him again tomorrow for further assessments. I only get 45 minutes a week and we've got a huge fudging log of tests to go over - so going at this rate I probably won't get any meds until the new year ffs. Hoping all fellow strugglers are hanging in there!

Sounds very interesting! Please update us, and the best of luck to you!

I'm down in the dumps waiting for my psychiatrist to finally give me the bipolar diagnosis, which hopefully will grant med access to medication (lithium) that I'm hoping will have some effect. Currently on Zyprexa for the mania, but so damned depressed these days I can barely take care of myself. Seeing him again tomorrow for further assessments. I only get 45 minutes a week and we've got a huge fudging log of tests to go over - so going at this rate I probably won't get any meds until the new year ffs. Hoping all fellow strugglers are hanging in there!
Hi Daisuk I will update next week after my second round of treatment. Couple of questions for you did your psychiatrist put you on Zyprexa as a mood stabiliser or as a antidepressant because it doesn't sound like it's working for either. Lithium is a really good mood stabiliser but it can effect your kidneys which will mean you can't take it. Has your doctor suggested Quetiapine it's a antipsychotic medication but t's a good mood stabiliser & I have meet several people who are bipolar including my daughter who have had good results using it.

I myself have tried many meds currently I am on a antipsychotic a antidepressant & anxiety meds I've suffered since the age of 15 my first suicide attempt. I am 55 now & still fighting. Even in your darkest days there are people who love you & care for you so try to reach out to them. If you can't please message me or anyone on here you think you can talk to.

Good luck with your doctor

Thanks kb! I was put on zyprexa to get me down from my manic episode. I get very tired from it, so the doc has been waning me off it gradually. Down from 15mg to 5mg now, but feel more depressed now than when on the higher dose. Going to the psychiatrist in half an hour, so we'll see what he says. Thanks a lot mate! Sounds like you're doing some great work! Hang in there yourself mate! Best of luck and lots of love to you. :)

Thanks kb! I was put on zyprexa to get me down from my manic episode. I get very tired from it, so the doc has been waning me off it gradually. Down from 15mg to 5mg now, but feel more depressed now than when on the higher dose. Going to the psychiatrist in half an hour, so we'll see what he says. Thanks a lot mate! Sounds like you're doing some great work! Hang in there yourself mate! Best of luck and lots of love to you. :)
Fingers crossed it goes well & you & your doctor find a solution soon. If you feel up to sharing I would definitely be interested in listening

Back