• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want QPR to get relegated?

Redknapp did well here.

However my hatred for clubs like QPR that spend as much money as possible to stay up in a scattergun approach means i hope they go down. It is due to their own lack of planning.

So this is what we think about the man who took us to the QFs of the CL?

Yes, it is. This thread isn't about what he did with us, it's about QPR, their owner and how Redknapp, their manager, is in fact an very dislikable person and many of us would like to see him fail. He's a decent manager, who excel at some things, but working on a tight budget and occasionally taking the blame are not among them.

I didn't mind when we hired him, as he was just what we needed, and enjoyed most of his time with us, but I was also delighted when the decision was made to part company. Hell, I had even wanted him to stay on until the contract debacle started. He has continued to behave like a complete douche in the media, continually reaffirming every negative aspect about him.

If he will kindly stop BLAMING OUR CLUB for him not getting the England job, then absolutely, I agree 100%. Why, Roy, can he not move on?

who knows if roy fecks up and doesnt get england to brazil,he may still get the job at the end of the year.

don't understand why people get so heated about someone who got us to QF of the champs league where man bricky haven't come close in doing so,with all the money they've spent plus with no english qualifers at this stage this year,weird i say.

to be fair you can't criticize harry for taking the job. he was unemployed and qpr was offering a fair amount of wages, almost any average premier league manager would have jumped at it.

who knows if roy fecks up and doesnt get england to brazil,he may still get the job at the end of the year.

don't understand why people get so heated about someone who got us to QF of the champs league where man bricky haven't come close in doing so,with all the money they've spent plus with no english qualifers at this stage this year,weird i say.

Good for him if he does...will he then stop blaming us? And I think you do understand why some people get so 'heated up'...it's been flogged to death.

I don't think it's that weird that fans of a football club hold a grudge against a man they think were disrespectful towards that football club in several ways over some period of time whilst being employed as their manager.

I'm not holding a grudge myself, I don't hold many grudges in general, but I don't think the reaction is weird.

If he will kindly stop BLAMING OUR CLUB for him not getting the England job, then absolutely, I agree 100%. Why, Roy, can he not move on?

Be the bigger man?

He was the manager of the best time at Spurs the last 20-25 years.
Just let everything else go, and appreciate what he brought in a positive way.

Will never be able to fault his football. He had Barcelona hoping to draw us in the CL as we were that good. Whiskey nose said we were playing the best football in the league. We played some fudging cracking football under him. That's the praise i can give him. As a man, I really have to bite my tongue.

'People will always deny that is the reason, the FA couldn’t say that and I won’t say, but it didn’t help me,’ said the current QPR boss.

‘I had such a badly loaded contract it was crazy, in Tottenham’s favour. That’s what you get for not reading your contract properly.

‘It was a massive amount that someone would have had to pay to get me out of it.

‘If they sacked me it wasn’t so massive and that was a bolt out of the blue, a shock, I genuinely never saw it coming.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/04/harry...ause-for-failure-to-land-england-job-3583933/

It's his own damn fault for not reading his contract tbh.

Any quotes for this Steff?

Harry Redknapp blames 'badly loaded Tottenham contract' for missing out on England job

Harry Redknapp insists he would reject any approach to become England manager and blames his contract at Tottenham for his failure to succeed Fabio Capello.

Redknapp was the strong favourite to fill a post he had long coveted when Capello resigned in February last year, only for the Football Association to appoint Roy Hodgson.

The 66-year-old QPR manager, who was sacked by Tottenham in June after failing to agree a new contract, believes the cost of luring him from White Hart Lane convinced the FA to look elsewhere.

"I wouldn't take it [the England job] now, no. Not now, not in the future," Redknapp told Twentyfour7 Football magazine.

"That was my time, really, if I was going to get it. Last year there were a lot of things that went against me surrounding that massive contractual clause.

"People will always deny that is the reason, the FA couldn't say that and I won't say, but it didn't help me.

"I had such a badly loaded contract it was crazy, in Tottenham's favour. That's what you get for not reading your contract properly.

"It was a massive amount that someone would have had to pay to get me out of it.

"If they sacked me it wasn't so massive and that was a bolt out of the blue, a shock, I genuinely never saw it coming."

Redknapp insists Tottenham's decision to sack him was made by owner Joe Lewis and not chief executive Daniel Levy.

"Was it Levy who cut the cord? It was other people, the owner of the club that decided," he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-for-missing-out-on-england-job-8560594.html

Will never be able to fault his football. He had Barcelona hoping to draw us in the CL as we were that good. Whiskey nose said we were playing the best football in the league. We played some fudging cracking football under him. That's the praise i can give him. As a man, I really have to bite my tongue.

Really?! Never knew that...

fudge off Redknapp.

If you didn't read your contract and your agent didn't read your contract you're not fit to be involved in football and neither is your manager. Probably just another lie from Redknapp of course, but no need for the digs.

I cannot believe that there are many other managers in the world that would have said what he said what he did about Levy and Lewis. Seems totally unprofessional. Not his place to comment on internal club affairs like that.

Surprised that we don't have some kind of stfu you old git clause in our settlement agreement after getting rid of him. Probably wouldn't stop him anyway.

Think it's just people's differing personalities mate, some can just get over his obvious flaws and move on whilst others get wound up and bear more of a grudge. Doesn't just apply to football matters of course....

Back