• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want QPR to get relegated?

Thought it would be an interesting topic...

They are a London club.
Our ex-manager is at the helm.
They have our ex-players and loanees playing for them.
They have spent a brickload of money trying to survive.
Their name starts with a Q (how Qool is that?)

What are your feelings on their attempts at staying in the EPL? If they get relegated, what will that mean (considering their spending)?

And for trivia:

How many names from their FA Cup final game against us can you remember?

I'll start with the keeper Hucker...

I'm not fussed really, quite like QPR but not enough to hope they stay up.

As for the '82 Final Hucker was a really good 'keeper and names I can recall are - Fenwick, Hazell, Roeder, Waddock, Currie, Gregory, Allen, Stainrod, Flanagan? Who's missing (inc. sub), a left-back and winger?

I'm torn. (No surprise there then). Just depends at who's expense it is if they stay up. Being selfish here because Stoke,Wigan,Villa and Sunderland are easier to get to for away games for us, so as Reading look down already, I dont want to lose two 'accessible' awaydays to disappear.

So yes, relegation for QPR please. Cardiff,Hull and Forest to come up

Saw them play a few times going back to the '80s. Enjoyed Loftus Road and its cozy, tight wrap around the pitch. You could have a conversation with players and refs from the front of the upper decks. Fans were funny and ironic about the club and the game.

Now, it's just lost all its appeal with some baron feeding his ego. Flavio Briatore just sickened the QPR fans I know. They sound embarassed and nostalgic for their club's former status as a kind of lovable striver.

So I'd be glad to see them drop, just to watch all that splashed cash splatter in a huge, unholy mess.

Lovable strivers:ross:.

That's the kind of patronising affection from Spurs fans QPR fans find nothing but endearing=D>.

In my experience there's nothing QPR would like more than to be 'hated' rather than dismissively shrugged off. They are a distant 4th behind West Ham in terms of London clubs with prestige or status.

Calling QPR lovable strivers is like calling Chelsea a rich man's Wimbledon. Both may be true but both annoy the feck out of the fans concerned. Which is all good:).

I just can't support any Redknapp team, given the way he treated us the second half of last season after we stood by him in his court case. I was there at the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game and sang the "we want you to stay" chants as loud as anyone. But he screwed us over and took his eye off the ball and for that I want him to suffer.

Lovable strivers:ross:.

That's the kind of patronising affection from Spurs fans QPR fans find nothing but endearing=D>.

In my experience there's nothing QPR would like more than to be 'hated' rather than dismissively shrugged off. They are a distant 4th behind West Ham in terms of London clubs with prestige or status.

Calling QPR lovable strivers is like calling Chelsea a rich man's Wimbledon. Both may be true but both annoy the feck out of the fans concerned. Which is all good:).

West Ham are 4th, surely, after Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea?

And even then, especially once QPR lose their temporary Premier League status, I couldn't say that they are any bigger or more prestigious than Fulham, Crystal Palace, Millwall or Charlton.

I'd rank them 6th with Palace in 5th, but I didn't pay attention to football in the 80s. Close call between Charlton and Fulham beyond that.

And even then, especially once QPR lose their temporary Premier League status, I couldn't say that they are any bigger or more prestigious than Fulham, Crystal Palace, Millwall or Charlton.

Chelsea are West Ham with a lottery win.

Nope, not by much but they are. Chelsea, however happen to be 8th or 9th depending on whether you believe they are more prestigious than Leyton Orient and win that vital play-off toss up round v AFC Wombledon:-k

To me anyhow. My league table, my rules;)

I'm not fussed really, quite like QPR but not enough to hope they stay up.

As for the '82 Final Hucker was a really good 'keeper and names I can recall are - Fenwick, Hazell, Roeder, Waddock, Currie, Gregory, Allen, Stainrod, Flanagan? Who's missing (inc. sub), a left-back and winger?

They murdered us in the Final replay. We deserved the cup that year because of our season, not that particular night.

One of their players will be delighted. He has it in his contract that he gets a huge pay out if they go down.

Clubs run the way they are deserve all the crap that comes their way.

I have nothing against QPR, and although I was glad we parted with Redknapp when we did I appreciate a lot of what he did for us.

I find the glorification of Redknapp in the (English) media somewhat tedious. He's their buddy I suppose and I think with him being English and somewhat successful at a time when most of the top managers in England are from outside England/Britain it became way too easy narrative to write up.

I suppose I'm rather indifferent to them going down.

i'm with the not fussed/nothing against redknapp team.

but i always relish the thought of some bigger clubs with larger pockets going down at the expense of "proper footballing" teams from the lower leagues.

the bigger clubs inevitably bounce back, and usually come back playing better football too.

I think the sugar daddy phenomenon is a poison to football and by rights I probably should get some sort of satisfaction about today's result but strangely I didn't. The late goal was a hammerblow to QPR's hopes of survival and rather tragic in its timing. I found myself thinking that football is a rather cruel (but entertaining) game and we of all clubs know the taste of that bitter pill. I guess it is because there are so many Spurs connections to the the current playing and management staff that I felt some sympathy today. Maybe that is the problem for QPR, someone brought a piece of Cortes' gold with them.

I dojn't give a fudge about QPR.

There was a an interesting bthread abiout Redknapp and QPR but it got cancelled.

Back