• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

I didn't say anything about an agenda against Liverpool....Nor bring up the VAR situation. We all want better refereeing and there's so many fudge ups that don't seem to benefit one team, it's just fudgery but it's for another thread.

And if you're being sincere in that a statement from Liverpool condoning the racism which will inevitably keep on occuring online will truly make you feel better about the situation, okay but I don't get why at all.

Where there is actual progress to be made goes beyond PR because the statements don't change anything, I doubt it makes much difference to the likes of Udogie either as the racists aren't suddenly going to reflect on their actions because the Twitter admin of a football club has called them out.

The comments on Destinys Insta was absolute abhorant and far worse than any mistake a ref can make in a weekend IMO.

I've been extremely consistent with that, I laid into our own support more than once especially on the Sanchez abuse, I have been vocal about bigotry in football.

I didn't say anything about an agenda against Liverpool....Nor bring up the VAR situation. We all want better refereeing and there's so many fudge ups that don't seem to benefit one team, it's just fudgery but it's for another thread.

And if you're being sincere in that a statement from Liverpool condoning the racism which will inevitably keep on occuring online will truly make you feel better about the situation, okay but I don't get why at all.

Where there is actual progress to be made goes beyond PR because the statements don't change anything, I doubt it makes much difference to the likes of Udogie either as the racists aren't suddenly going to reflect on their actions because the Twitter admin of a football club has called them out.

It's vital clubs do this. Let's be fair, it doesn't happen after every game. It's maybe once a week or once every two weeks that one club has to do it. But it's right they do to re-enforce the message. And it's right other clubs support it to do likewise. Will racism stop in the morning because of it? No. But it keeps the message in the public domain, it shows that every single club is against it and it might, just might, get some of these idiots thinking twice before doing it.

It's vital clubs do this. Let's be fair, it doesn't happen after every game. It's maybe once a week or once every two weeks that one club has to do it. But it's right they do to re-enforce the message. And it's right other clubs support it to do likewise. Will racism stop in the morning because of it? No. But it keeps the message in the public domain, it shows that every single club is against it and it might, just might, get some of these idiots thinking twice before doing it.

They won't mention it because if you acknowledge it the it exists, that goes against the PR behind the club that they are way above that kind of thing as supporters.

I would be shocked if its acknowledged

There's a line that I think by and large the clubs get right between hammering it and highlighting it and constantly going on about it so much that people either become so accustomed to it they tune out or resent it as being preached to.
Not a line I think every institution or company walks as well as the clubs do.
You can get too much of a good thing.

The comments on Destinys Insta was absolute abhorant and far worse than any mistake a ref can make in a weekend IMO.

I've been extremely consistent with that, I laid into our own support more than once especially on the Sanchez abuse, I have been vocal about bigotry in football.

It goes without saying what is worse, even comparing racism to rooster ups from refs is sort of distasteful, it seems like a brass eye skit which is why I've mentioned a couple of times that it's a separate conversation and for another thread.

As for Sanchez I don't remember him suffering racist abuse from our own fans but it wouldn't surprise me. Same issue though is if it comes from anonymous accounts then what is really going to happen about it?

It is important to send a public and unified anti discrimination message but I do think the trolls also probably get off at the attention their hatred and it's evidently just not enough as you've had so many campaigns like kick it out and suchlike and it's still rife.

I may be going round in circles as I just think more tangible action has to be taken in terms of accountability online but not sure what the move is, the fact that it was pretty common to hear the taking a knee booed in many stadia across the country shows that we have a long way to go.

It goes without saying what is worse, even comparing racism to rooster ups from refs is sort of distasteful, it seems like a brass eye skit which is why I've mentioned a couple of times that it's a separate conversation and for another thread.

As for Sanchez I don't remember him suffering racist abuse from our own fans but it wouldn't surprise me. Same issue though is if it comes from anonymous accounts then what is really going to happen about it?

It is important to send a public and unified anti discrimination message but I do think the trolls also probably get off at the attention their hatred and it's evidently just not enough as you've had so many campaigns like kick it out and suchlike and it's still rife.

I may be going round in circles as I just think more tangible action has to be taken in terms of accountability online but not sure what the move is, the fact that it was pretty common to hear the taking a knee booed in many stadia across the country shows that we have a long way to go.

Not comparing the two, comparing the reaction or lack of.

Anyway we shall leave it there as you say, it's going in circles.

We will se if they act with any class and condone the racism, I really hope they make me look silly and do so.

Given your record of using outdated slurs I'd presumed you were happy to see people supported for that kind of thing.

But yes it was a bad stance to take from Liverpool, not a good look imo, how does it relate to my point about there needing to be more responsibility on Internet users?
It doesn't, I lost interest before that part ;)

I was referring to your complaint a out tarring them all with the same brush, despite their previous with this kind of thing.

Liverpool FC condemns all forms of racism and discrimination and will work with the relevant authorities and social media platforms to help identify those responsible and apply the strongest possible consequences."

Liverpool FC condemns all forms of racism and discrimination and will work with the relevant authorities and social media platforms to help identify those responsible and apply the strongest possible consequences."
Unless it includes Liverpool fans of course
Or make believe ones in the tacotersphere

Okay, cards on the table, I'm absolutely anti Liverpool and struggle to see anything involving them without any bias. I'll admit that.

Is there a very subtle but important difference between our tweet on Foderingham and their one on Udogie or is that my bias shining through?

upload_2023-10-2_20-2-4.png

upload_2023-10-2_20-2-24.png

They've spelt condone wrong.

skynews-carragher-suarez_4812050.jpg

Okay, cards on the table, I'm absolutely anti Liverpool and struggle to see anything involving them without any bias. I'll admit that.

Is there a very subtle but important difference between our tweet on Foderingham and their one on Udogie or is that my bias shining through?

View attachment 16130

View attachment 16131

It's the type of mealy mouthed statement Corbyn used to come out with whenever one of his close associates were caught being antisemitic

I genuinely believe their fanbase is more racist than Chelsea’s.

They backed Suarez with his disgraceful comments towards Evra, and, Salah with his general antisemitism.

Absolute pond life.

Completely on brand that they lose a game and lash out at a player based on the colour of their skin.

View attachment 16130

View attachment 16131

I'd say there are a number of differences :
- No reference to the reason for the statement - i.e.name of the player receiving racist messages;
- No reference to Tottenham, or working with us;
- No acknowledgement that whatever it is they are referring to happened during or after yesterday's game;
- And of course no recognition that the unmentioned abuse comes from within their own fanbase.
Plus it's a cold statement totally lacking in any feeling.
But apart from all that - no, it's definitely your bias.

I genuinely believe their fanbase is more racist than Chelsea’s.

They backed Suarez with his disgraceful comments towards Evra, and, Salah with his general antisemitism.

Absolute pond life.

Completely on brand that they lose a game and lash out at a player based on the colour of their skin.

I don't think they are racist, they hate everyone who isn't them.
In some ways I quite admire it, but they take it to cringe worthy extremes.

I'd say there are a number of differences :
- No reference to the reason for the statement - i.e.name of the player receiving racist messages;
- No reference to Tottenham, or working with us;
- No acknowledgement that whatever it is they are referring to happened during or after yesterday's game;
- And of course no recognition that the unmentioned abuse comes from within their own fanbase.
Plus it's a cold statement totally lacking in any feeling.
But apart from all that - no, it's definitely your bias.

I’m very cynical with these sorts of things in that I genuinely think the only reason these statements are put out — including by Spurs, when we’re on either side — are as much for PR as they are for actually genuinely wishing to ‘stop’ racism. But you have outlined a clear and understandable difference between how you truly make a statement of impact, versus one for PR in my opinion.

Back