• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

Nobody sees the irony of branding a whole fanbase / city racist on the basis of some anonymous trolls whilst we have "fans" who do the same thing to players of other clubs

This is always going to happen until there is accountability on the level of having to provide ID to use social media, I bet the culprits probably get a buzz out of it gathering this much attention.

Obviously the club are right in calling it out plus defending Udogie but hating Liverpool fans to an unhealthy level because of it isn't a helpful or productive outcome.

Nobody sees the irony of branding a whole fanbase / city racist on the basis of some anonymous trolls whilst we have "fans" who do the same thing to players of other clubs

This is always going to happen until there is accountability on the level of having to provide ID to use social media, I bet the culprits probably get a buzz out of it gathering this much attention.

Obviously the club are right in calling it out plus defending Udogie but hating Liverpool fans to an unhealthy level because of it isn't a helpful or productive outcome.

We called those fans in our ranks out and innlarge numbers

More the irony that they never seem to do anything wrong or acknowledge their own faults. All this whilst claiming in the strongest possible terms that everything else is out of order and somehow a conspiracy against them

I will be interested to see if they as a club broach the online abuse with the same gusto as they have the standard of refs, I won't hold my breath though

Last edited:

Very Orwellian

Very Orwellian

It's difficult, anonymity is used as a weapon as we fortunately live in a society where you won't get away with hate speech in real life anymore.

We can't be surprised that the cowards use the technology to say things they aren't brave / stupid enough to say in public but my frustration lies at the social media companies for not doing enough, however I don't have the exact solution without going what some people may consider as OTT in terms of surveillance

We called those fans in our ranks out and innlarge numbers

More the irony that they never seem to do anything wrong or acknowledge their own faults. All this whilst claiming in the strongest possible terms that everything else is out of order and somehow a conspiracy against them

I will be interested to see if they as a club broach the online abuse with the same gusto as they have the standard of refs, I won't hold my breath though

And it should be called out, but if we as a fanbase we're then collectively judged to be a bunch of racists because of a few people (or a brick load back in the day with certain chants coming to mind) it continues the cycle of hatred.

Liverpool think the VAR situation was unacceptable and could be fixed moving forwards in terms of protocol, however they can't fix any nutcase claiming to be a Liverpool fan going on the internet and spreading bile. The cases aren't comparable and the mass generalisations, I don't know man it just doesn't help imo.

And it should be called out, but if we as a fanbase we're then collectively judged to be a bunch of racists because of a few people (or a brick load back in the day with certain chants coming to mind) it continues the cycle of hatred.

Liverpool think the VAR situation was unacceptable and could be fixed, they can't fix any nutcase claiming to be a Liverpool fan going on the internet and spreading bile. The cases aren't comparable.

Do nothing then?

Liverpool reaction to VAR is disproportionate to the crime and there is currently zero reaction to the racist posts.

I don't see that as acceptable prioritising of real issues.

Their reaction to VAR and the "exploring options" ironically smacks of big club bully boys where at the very least they influence future decisions.

Brentford should have had a penalty at the weekend but seemingly they are not as important to care or not big enough to stamp their feet

On the subject of calling out racism, despite not being able to do anything....even clubs abroad with no skin in what happened at the weekend have shown them up

Screenshot_20231002_145705_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Do nothing then?

Liverpool reaction to VAR is disproportionate to the crime and there is currently zero reaction to the racist posts.

Their reaction to VAR and the "exploring options" ironically smacks of big club bully boys where at the very least they influence future decisions.

Brentford should have had a penalty at the weekend but seemingly they are not as important to care or not big enough to stamp their feet

We reacted to Sheffield United's post on their keeper within 90 minutes and also condemned the abuse.

3 hours on from the Udogie statement, nothing from Liverpool. Maybe they don't realise...I mean it's only being reported on the BBC website. It'll be tinkle poor if they don't get a statement out in the next few hours.

We reacted to Sheffield United's post on their keeper within 90 minutes and also condemned the abuse.

3 hours on from the Udogie statement, nothing from Liverpool. Maybe they don't realise...I mean it's only being reported on the BBC website. It'll be tinkle poor if they don't get a statement out in the next few hours.

I think it's poor, again it feed into "not our supporters" and its seemingly being eaten up by some that continues the false romanticism around Liverpool FC and how its not an issue and not them.

Ironically a year ago they lobbied our Trust to make an overblown statement on singing "sign on" which was then twisted into a story about Spurs fans not respecting their own demographic.

I'm not saying it's about levelling up but if their clubs being consistent surely they wanna deal with their own house too??

Are you forgetting the support for Suarez?

Do nothing then?

On the subject of calling out racism, despite not being able to do anything....even clubs abroad with no skin in what happened at the weekend have shown them up

View attachment 16129

Where have I suggested to do nothing mate, don't be disingenuous. I'm spitballing ideas to actually do something but if all people want to do is play the "us and then" game and use it as an excuse to pile in on Liverpool so be it, the cycle of hatred continues.

Every club would have a put out a statement every game to state that racism is unacceptable because there'll always be incidents online with things the way as they are, the statements even if from the right place do fudge all anyways , you will still have trolls doing what they do.

It's not the thread to talk about the VAR issues but you must know that the offside was a truly outrageous fudge up whereas a penalty call is so much more subjective, especially as the handball rule is so opaque. Liverpool are right to be tinkled, like us and the goal from the halfway line against United it should be a watershed moment that leads to more reliable referring that benefits everyone ie the goal line technology but again, if it's just to be used as a chance to be furious at Liverpool then whatever I guess.

Where have I suggested to do nothing mate, don't be disingenuous. I'm spitballing ideas to actually do something but if all people want to do is play the "us and then" game and use it as an excuse to pile in on Liverpool so be it, the cycle of hatred continues.

Every club would have a put out a statement every game to state that racism is unacceptable because there'll always be incidents online with things the way as they are, the statements even if from the right place do fudge all anyways , you will still have trolls doing what they do.

It's not the thread to talk about the VAR issues but you must know that the offside was a truly outrageous fudge up whereas a penalty call is so much more subjective, especially as the handball rule is so opaque. Liverpool are right to be tinkled, like us and the goal from the halfway line against United it should be a watershed moment that leads to more reliable referring that benefits everyone ie the goal line technology but again, if it's just to be used as a chance to be furious at Liverpool then whatever I guess.

Mendes moment wasn't a watershed moment for anything. Goal-line technology came 7 years later. Don't recall us releasing a statement complaining after the United game.

And if Liverpool can release a statement passively aggressively threatening action against PGMOL, they can surely release a statement condemning the quite sickening abuse of Udogie. YNWA and all that...

It's difficult, anonymity is used as a weapon as we fortunately live in a society where you won't get away with hate speech in real life anymore.

We can't be surprised that the cowards use the technology to say things they aren't brave / stupid enough to say in public but my frustration lies at the social media companies for not doing enough, however I don't have the exact solution without going what some people may consider as OTT in terms of surveillance

Liverpool think the VAR situation was unacceptable and could be fixed moving forwards in terms of protocol, however they can't fix any nutcase claiming to be a Liverpool fan going on the internet and spreading bile. The cases aren't comparable and the mass generalisations, I don't know man it just doesn't help imo.

There's bigoted macarons everywhere, that perfectly pleasant chap beside you at the game may be an online racist, homophobe, misogynistic taco.
No one should be judging you or anyone else on the actions of these cretins.
As you say most aren't brave enough to show the vile depths they plumb online to the public.
All we can do is call it out when we see it in public.
I think there are some racist Liverpool fans.
If because I think there are some racist Liverpool fans all Liverpool fans are racist then I become the bigot.

Just a tongue in cheek gibe, racist like pedophiles and terrorists are criminals and no matter what society does we will never be able to stop them, they are wired wrong and can see no wrong in what they do. We all have to suffer limitations of our freedom because of these misfits. I really get tinkled off when having to go through metal detectors as my hips nearly always sets them off and have further searches.

Are you forgetting the support for Suarez?
Given your record of using outdated slurs I'd presumed you were happy to see people supported for that kind of thing.

But yes it was a bad stance to take from Liverpool, not a good look imo, how does it relate to my point about there needing to be more responsibility on Internet users?

Mendes moment wasn't a watershed moment for anything. Goal-line technology came 7 years later. Don't recall us releasing a statement complaining after the United game.

And if Liverpool can release a statement passively aggressively threatening action against PGMOL, they can surely release a statement condemning the quite sickening abuse of Udogie. YNWA and all that...

Apparently not.

And apparently when VAR didn't protect our players head when it was taken off last year...Klopp told Mason to pipe down.

It's also disingenuous to suggest there is an agenda against Liverpool when they were literally the opponents this weekend so it's a topic to discuss. If we can't talk about them now at risk of an agenda being talked about then its the exact protectionism I've talked about.

There also seems this unhealthy balance that Liverpool can seemingly speak about everyone and anyone in whatever terms or tone they wish but anyone dare mention the hypocrisy and its shut down.

We have been on the back end of VAR and ref issues and on thr end of Liverpool ones which their manager mocked, so I'm not buying into th3 level they are going to, esp when they have benefitted from it in the past and said....you guessed it....zilch

I would have more respect if they said "we call on all refs and clubs to sit down and discuss a better path" rather than what sounded like a threat and this whole "we are a big club we deserve better". We had enough of that under Fergie

It's also disingenuous to suggest there is an agenda against Liverpool when they were literally the opponents this weekend so it's a topic to discuss. If we can't talk about them now at risk of an agenda being talked about then its the exact protectionism I've talked about.

There also seems this unhealthy balance that Liverpool can seemingly speak about everyone and anyone in whatever terms or tone they wish but anyone dare mention the hypocrisy and its shut down.

We have been on the back end of VAR and ref issues and on thr end of Liverpool ones which their manager mocked, so I'm not buying into th3 level they are going to when they have benefitted from it in the past and said....you guessed it....zilch

I didn't say anything about an agenda against Liverpool....Nor bring up the VAR situation. We all want better refereeing and there's so many fudge ups that don't seem to benefit one team, it's just fudgery but it's for another thread.

And if you're being sincere in that a statement from Liverpool condoning the racism which will inevitably keep on occuring online will truly make you feel better about the situation, okay but I don't get why at all.

Where there is actual progress to be made goes beyond PR because the statements don't change anything, I doubt it makes much difference to the likes of Udogie either as the racists aren't suddenly going to reflect on their actions because the Twitter admin of a football club has called them out.

Back