• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

I don't think it was that simple. The technique and flair to pull that off was very difficult IMO. One of the replays shows it really well, too. It was no fluke, you can see him tracking the ball's flight and the connection is spot on. If you're calling that a simple flick, are you suggesting it's so simple even you could do it? It was outrageous and if that happened in a real game, I would lose my GHod damn mind.
It was a flick on that was in hope imo. It came to him, he flicked it towards goal hoping it either goes in or someone gets a touch on it. I think it’s a bit far fetched thinking it was some world class bit of Skill. Dier used to run towards the front post and flick it on for someone to put it in at the back post and was quite successful at it under Poch. Udogies was obviously a different technique but its no more than a flick imo.

I was more impressed with his comfort on the ball and also his general play, looked to have good balance, great pace and decent awareness. The goal was good but over the course of season its the other areas that will be more important IMO

It was a flick on that was in hope imo. It came to him, he flicked it towards goal hoping it either goes in or someone gets a touch on it. I think it’s a bit far fetched thinking it was some world class bit of Skill. Dier used to run towards the front post and flick it on for someone to put it in at the back post and was quite successful at it under Poch. Udogies was obviously a different technique but its no more than a flick imo.
The only thing he can hope is that no one else touches it. The timing and the way he hit the ball with the back of his head were perfect. He made it look super easy, but I stated that doing things like that only really matters in a real competition. There's definitely less pressure in a friendly.

The only players I've seen playing for us who could head a ball with precision were Gilzean and Sherringham, those deflection headers are usually more luck than skill.

Gilly was the master, i remember sitting in the stands in his early days and the bloke in front of me was moaning about him. His exact words were ( waste of fudging money he can not even head a ball to teamates) after the rest of us stopped laughing at him i explained that Gilly was heading the ball into the space for Jimmy to run into.

There were muppets in the crowd in those days just as they are now. :)

I think he did a solid job in the match yesterday both defensively and offensively. It’s hard to judge the defensive players since they didn’t have much to do but he made some solid plays to win the ball back. His interceptions were excellent though, so having him come inside seems to be facilitating that.

Probably should have scored or at least put it on target. Very happy with our two Italians and their tenacity.

Gilly was the master, i remember sitting in the stands in his early days and the bloke in front of me was moaning about him. His exact words were ( waste of fudging money he can not even head a ball to teamates) after the rest of us stopped laughing at him i explained that Gilly was heading the ball into the space for Jimmy to run into.

Wasn't there a joke at the time that he was bald because of how often and well he would head the ball? Maybe it's something mentioned in the Glory Game, can't remember, time for a re-read!

He was very very well known for it
I remember talking to Dave Mackay when we played hearts in the Europa away. He said he could head a ball better than most players could kick it

He was very very well known for it
I remember talking to Dave Mackay when we played hearts in the Europa away. He said he could head a ball better than most players could kick it

One of my favourite players of all time for Spurs ( Gilly), i remember him walking out for his first game, shoulders slumped, hardly any hair on his head and slow trundle to the half way line for kick off. We all thought what the fudge have we bought here:D, but what a player he turned out to be every thing he did had class about it.

Wasn't there a joke at the time that he was bald because of how often and well he would head the ball? Maybe it's something mentioned in the Glory Game, can't remember, time for a re-read!

He was the oldest 26 year old I've every seen, couldn't believe it when I saw his picture in the papers.

One of my favourite players of all time for Spurs ( Gilly), i remember him walking out for his first game, shoulders slumped, hardly any hair on his head and slow trundle to the half way line for kick off. We all thought what the fudge have we bought here:D, but what a player he turned out to be every thing he did had class about it.

I remember that against Everton, I'd broke my toe and was able to go to that game wearing a slipper on the injured foot, think it was a 1 all draw.

Looked really good on Sunday, he was pretty highly rated in Italy. Looks like another promising youngster.

And no, I am not saying he is the best left back in the league. But I am saying based on what I saw in pre season, the little I saw of him in Italy, together with his performance today and the fact that he is just 20 years old, I would not swap him with any other left back in the league. This kid has a very high ceiling.

And no, I am not saying he is the best left back in the league. But I am saying based on what I saw in pre season, the little I saw of him in Italy, together with his performance today and the fact that he is just 20 years old, I would not swap him with any other left back in the league. This kid has a very high ceiling.

Just looks in total control of what he is doing, which makes him look calm and comfortable. I think we have a real gem here. A real gem

I watched as much as I could him last year, and I have been very patiently waiting for him to play in the PL.

Stood up well against their attacker's, and doesn't lack confidence with the ball.

Back