• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

If true then it shows good mentality from him to make the right impression. I hope that he is able to enjoy the time off that he does have so that he feels fresh and ready to go hard. It’s going to be a big season in spite of no European football as we push on under Postecoglou. I think Destiny Udogie had the potential to be a key player for us.

If true then it shows good mentality from him to make the right impression. I hope that he is able to enjoy the time off that he does have so that he feels fresh and ready to go hard. It’s going to be a big season in spite of no European football as we push on under Postecoglou. I think Destiny Udogie had the potential to be a key player for us.

It's a strange one, The player sounds like he has a good mentality but then you see his agent (or rep) making quotes recently about how he didn't want to come to England originally, thought it was better to stay in Italy but Spurs offered more money than the big clubs in Italy so they went for us instead. Strange comments to make, followed by other comments about Conte getting sacked and he wasn't sure if his client will still be best served coming now we might change to a back four and they would need to consider options etc.

I'm sure everything is fine and he will knuckle down in training and become a great player for us but man, his agent or whoever needs a talking to lol

It's a strange one, The player sounds like he has a good mentality but then you see his agent (or rep) making quotes recently about how he didn't want to come to England originally, thought it was better to stay in Italy but Spurs offered more money than the big clubs in Italy so they went for us instead. Strange comments to make, followed by other comments about Conte getting sacked and he wasn't sure if his client will still be best served coming now we might change to a back four and they would need to consider options etc.

I'm sure everything is fine and he will knuckle down in training and become a great player for us but man, his agent or whoever needs a talking to lol

Where did you see those comments? I had a look around but most related to the latest comments, about how he's in Spurs' plans: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ecoglou-juventus-ac-milan-inter-b1091234.html

Where did you see those comments? I had a look around but most related to the latest comments, about how he's in Spurs' plans: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ecoglou-juventus-ac-milan-inter-b1091234.html

It's not the same comments but I definitely recall Destiny talking about how excited he was to work under Conte and that being a big part of why he was convinced to join. You'd think he was familiar with Antonio's record of working with clubs for a maximum of two seasons and also not always being super fond of throwing young players in to the mix.

Even so, he might be a little miffed, especially as his main position much like Perisic has probably become redundant but the only thing to do is to make the best of it in pre season to stake a claim at LB.

He will be one of these youngsters who will get loaned out for a couple of years, everyone will forget about him and he will leave for £15m to an Italian or Spanish club and we will all be talking about how good a deal it is and that he was a player that never got given the chance. GB will claim he could have been world class and the club let him down.

He will be one of these youngsters who will get loaned out for a couple of years, everyone will forget about him and he will leave for £15m to an Italian or Spanish club and we will all be talking about how good a deal it is and that he was a player that never got given the chance. GB will claim he could have been world class and the club let him down.
With Conte, Mourinho… yes. With Ange that want to follow the young players him self No. If he han play the way Ange wants and he belive he can be the better player, he will get more than one chance. Its up to doggie now

Anyone else worried he won't be any good defensively in a back 4? When we bought him we were playing at back 5 (I suppose we still might!). I know he's supposed to be great going forward but haven't heard much about his defensive capabilities. Hopefully we get a good look in these preseason games.

Anyone else worried he won't be any good defensively in a back 4? When we bought him we were playing at back 5 (I suppose we still might!). I know he's supposed to be great going forward but haven't heard much about his defensive capabilities. Hopefully we get a good look in these preseason games.

Yeh its an unknown but he comes with a good reputation for what he can do so maybe its a case of some development needed. But with the modern FBs you generally have to take one element stronger than the other.

Possibly but I don’t think it would be sensible to sign another FB on either side this summer.

we have 3 RBs who may or may not suit Ange’s system and one of who is an unknown.

ok the left, Udogie is probably first choice but could be brilliant or equally could end up being an overseas player who doesn’t settle in the PL. Then we have Reggie who might work better in Ange’s system and Davies, who is generally a 6/10 performance but but rarely much better or worse.

Think we need to see how Udogie and the RBs get on and revisit in Jan is need be

Looked very good today, early doors but would be nice to see this lad develop with the club.
The way he headed the ball was something out of this world. The audacity to be doing things like this is what the club has been missing for a long time now IMO. Only Kane and Son were capable of things like that but they get far too much attention from the opposition players. Having an additional player with the technique and guile to produce magical moments like that header will give us another badly-needed outlet for goals.

The way he headed the ball was something out of this world. The audacity to be doing things like this is what the club has been missing for a long time now IMO. Only Kane and Son were capable of things like that but they get far too much attention from the opposition players. Having an additional player with the technique and guile to produce magical moments like that header will give us another badly-needed outlet for goals.
A bit over the top for a simple flick on isn’t it?

A bit over the top for a simple flick on isn’t it?
I don't think it was that simple. The technique and flair to pull that off was very difficult IMO. One of the replays shows it really well, too. It was no fluke, you can see him tracking the ball's flight and the connection is spot on. If you're calling that a simple flick, are you suggesting it's so simple even you could do it? It was outrageous and if that happened in a real game, I would lose my GHod damn mind.

Back