• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele interview

I've got Sky News on the TV as I am watching the Dele interview on the laptop, and on the news ticker at the bottom of the screen one of the items is "Everton footballer Dele Ali reveals he was sexually abused aged of 6".
There is SO much in that interview but that's the headline they choose to go with. Speaks volumes really.

Just putting this one in here.

dAew9kqKMsQ

I've got Sky News on the TV as I am watching the Dele interview on the laptop, and on the news ticker at the bottom of the screen one of the items is "Everton footballer Dele Ali reveals he was sexually abused aged of 6".
There is SO much in that interview but that's the headline they choose to go with. Speaks volumes really.

Guardian did a similar thing. The press needs to seriously up it's fudging game everywhere!

Just watched it. fudge me.

Was fine until the moment he said he’d been molested. That was powerful. Neville’s face and Neville’s reaction were very touching. fudging destroyed me even though I knew it was coming.

I take my hat off to Dele. What he’s done was very brave. How he’s gotten to where he is is absolutely mind boggling. And I have to give credit, he is very, very articulate. For a lad who basically raised himself until he was 12 and played football after that, he comes across as very very bright and very articulate.

Think another thing that came across was not to judge little gestures. And we’re all guilty of it. He revealed something quite personal at the start and began laughing. And you’d almost look and go “what the fudge are you laughing at you little prick?” And he explained that was his defence mechanism. Maybe something for us to keep in mind when we’re slating a player for something minor thinking it confirms something else we think about the player (Jan’s body language anyone?).

Will take a while to digest that. Came out of it admiring him for his resilience and humility. Would love to see him come back here triumphantly but, failing that, I hope he makes a triumphant return somewhere.

A guy who was always going to have a place in the hearts of Spurs fans has today ensured that place is a little bit bigger.

Many years ago Ian Walker laughed at the 'bobble goal' v Liverpool. I was livid. Until I put my adult pants on, grew up, and thought about it...

Just finished watching, Dele's incredibly composed and brave in it. He was my fave player from that Poch era, just so delicate and classy with the ball. Him and Kane were a dream together (the youth of them! Much credit to Poch). Prefer that partnership to Son and Kane despite the stats. There was a time Dele was really giving off Bergkamp vibes in the 10 position and then he started getting moved deeper and I guess his personal issues overtook him. He was almost most vulnerable for me at the end of the interview talking about his hopes for the season, football is a brutal business, I hope he gets a fair cracking of the whip and makes it back to his rightful level. I can't remember a precedence for this. It's such a shame we shipped him out before all this happened as it would be incredible to see him have even a half decent renaissance with us. Wished we loaned him at the time, still wish we did. He gave us a lot, would have been good to give back.

And remember he said he would have preferred to have had more time before giving the interview but de ided to do it now because the tabloid press had been asking questions and were going to run a story, that is shocking.

If you read the old Dele thread a number of dumb things were said by numerous people on this forum, I think they should all take a good long look at themselves and should be thoroughly ashamed.

I think what I hope is that people -anyone- who ignorantly slagged him off without taking a moment to think about their words will not apply the same lack of logic to other players.
We saw it with Emerson, who has shown his critics.
We saw it with Davo, which was really poor.
We're seeing with Dier and it is really, really fudging distasteful to me. Some of the bile thrown at him is appalling.

I was always too biased to see Dele's story objectively. What I had read, what I heard, what I knew, it always left me feeling he was being let down once Poch left. I remember that 2018 World Cup when Southgate played him deeper in order to get Lindgard in, and people slagged Dele's performance based NOT on the position he WAS playing, but on what they thought he always played. He suffered that at ours too. Think about it, are there two more 'anti-Dele' managers than Mourinho and Conte?

Dele was so so special, a lighting in a bottle player, alongside the likes of Glenn, Gazza, Ginola and Berba. Again, I wish him every success on his new journey...and hope that those who slagged him off so brutally will learn the lesson and perhaps be better with others...

I think what I hope is that people -anyone- who ignorantly slagged him off without taking a moment to think about their words will not apply the same lack of logic to other players.
We're seeing with Dier and it is really, really fudging distasteful to me. Some of the bile thrown at him is appalling.

I was always too biased to see Dele's story objectively. What I had read, what I heard, what I knew, it always left me feeling he was being let down once Poch left. I remember that 2018 World Cup when Southgate played him deeper in order to get Lindgard in, and people slagged Dele's performance based NOT on the position he WAS playing, but on what they thought he always played. He suffered that at ours too. Think about it, are there two more 'anti-Dele' managers than Mourinho and Conte?

Dele was so so special, a lighting in a bottle player, alongside the likes of Glenn, Gazza, Ginola and Berba. Again, I wish him every success on his new journey...and hope that those who slagged him off so brutally will learn the lesson and perhaps be better with others...
We saw it with Mourinho,
We saw it with Nuno,
We saw it with Conte,
We see it with Levy.
All still humans too.

I hear Dele and I appreciate his challenges in life. I am Nigerian and have a bit more insight so I can challenge some aspects especially his stay in Nigeria.

Dele was from a fairly wealthy family in Nigeria. Is he saying his sexual abuse, drug dealer time came when he was in Nigeria?

I hear Dele and I appreciate his challenges in life. I am Nigerian and have a bit more insight so I can challenge some aspects especially his stay in Nigeria.

Dele was from a fairly wealthy family in Nigeria. Is he saying his sexual abuse, drug dealer time came when he was in Nigeria?

Why is your intention to challenge aspects of the interview, before having even watched it? Did you just wake up with an "I want to contradict Dele's life story today" kind of feeling?

The abuse and drugs was from his time in England. He said little about Africa other than he was sent to his dad to be taught discipline for 6 months. He really only said that he didn't enjoy it as the culture was very different.

If his family in Nigeria is/was wealthy, that certainly didn't seem to translate to his early life in England.

None of us are in a position to challenge what he's saying because none of us know him.

Be curious, not judgemental.

Criticizing players for there on field ability is allowed (but not helpful at the game itself and especially if it sinks to a level of vitriol about anything other than the player's ability). Realistically Dele struggled / struggles in any position other than his most natural, managers aren't "anti Alli" for attempting to fit him in to their system and although you might not appreciate Jose's style of prodding or poking at players to get a reaction, it worked for many others. I do appreciate you're quite set in your views on this so I'm not expecting any change there!

On the interview itself, hats off to Dele for coming forward with the information, even if it was forced by the gutter press, regardless of what he puts out in public the guy is putting the work in to be his best, that's great to hear.

I feel calls of us resigning him nonsense to be blunt, waiving any transfer fee is an interesting one, if it helps him turn the corner fantastic but perhaps there's a middle ground solution between us and Everton. No doubt the club will be there to support him if needed and it'll be the same with MK Dons too.

Why is your intention to challenge aspects of the interview, before having even watched it? Did you just wake up with an "I want to contradict Dele's life story today" kind of feeling?

What the heck? Asking a question is not contradicting or challenging! It is for clarity. I have far more in common with Bamidele than you! Kindly go hug a PHCN transformer.

I don't think his post necessarily reads as though he hasn't watched it?...I'm sure he'll be along to confirm soon.

My 2 cents is that placing emphasis on imagined lines between land mass is odd (wherever something happened isn't a key factor, it's what happened that matters) and attempting to "challenge" an account of someone's life is a even odder approach.

I could be totally misreading it or it may have been a poorly worded post.

What the heck? Asking a question is not contradicting or challenging! It is for clarity. I have far more in common with Bamidele than you! Kindly go hug a PHCN transformer.

You literally said you can challenge some aspects whilst giving off the impression that you hadn't seen the interview.

So you had a choice to clarify what you meant or to bizarrely go on the aggressive as you have done above. Making the location out to be important seemed distasteful/ irrelevant and suggesting someone hugs a power line is a rather unkind suggestion but thanks nonetheless.

Back