• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele interview

Dele will always be a yid.

Always.

Those memories of us 3-0 in the champions league against Real - oleing every pass in front of 90,000 at Wembley.

One of the best memories in my 29 years supporting spurs. Still pinch myself it ever happened.

Dele made that big time.

I hope this story tells us that next time a player makes a poor pass not to abuse them..

Let the coach get on with selections, transfers etc..

But please don’t abuse our lads.

They might earn more then we ever will but they’re only human too

The stuff about Dele's parents with his mother being an alcoholic and him being sent of africa was all public before this.
I never got how the average people didn't read between the lines and see the trauma.

Tottenham should waive the addons in Dele's transfer to let him play for Everton.
Currently if he plays another 6 games Everton have to pay Tottenham 10m and another 10m for the next 20 games after that.

The stuff about Dele's parents with his mother being an alcoholic and him being sent of africa was all public before this.
I never got how the average people didn't read between the lines and see the trauma.

Tottenham should waive the addons in Dele's transfer to let him play for Everton.
Currently if he plays another 6 games Everton have to pay Tottenham 10m and another 10m for the next 20 games after that.

Good call. Just like paying an unrequired fee to Shaktar for Solomon, be moral about it and also hopefully gain some goodwill for potential future business.

I was thinking about this, but you know, it’s £10m that’s not chump change. If Everton are seriously not going to play him because they don’t want to pay that, then maybe a free back to spurs will suit all parties better. He comes home, where he has mentioned players like Dier and Kane (and now Maddison) are close to him and he will work as a number 8 in Angelos’ system. Maybe sit down with Ali and Everton and see what he wants, what would be best for him.

Dele will always be a yid.

Always.

Those memories of us 3-0 in the champions league against Real - oleing every pass in front of 90,000 at Wembley.

One of the best memories in my 29 years supporting spurs. Still pinch myself it ever happened.

Dele made that big time.

I hope this story tells us that next time a player makes a poor pass not to abuse them..

Let the coach get on with selections, transfers etc..

But please don’t abuse our lads.

They might earn more then we ever will but they’re only human too

Absolutely this. The treatment Royal got against The Dippers last year was awful. The treatment Sanchez got against Bournemouth was shameful. Yeah they're pros but having 60,000 people who should be supporting you, boo you for the one thing in your life you've always excelled most at must be soul destroying.

Have a lad near me who shouts "Dier, you're fudging brick" every week. How does he think that helps? It's Dier this season, it was Winks last year.

Had a few tears rolling down the cheeks this morning reading this.

Bless him. There are so many evil bastards in this world.

Gonna watch it in full later when I can give it my full attention but I know I'll probably be a mess watching it. And I get emotional about very little. I'm sure there is something there for a shrink to figure out...damned football.

That's a tough watch and it's hard to reconcile that that young man is a same apparently happy go lucky player that crashed into our team and hearts.
I hope he has found some peace and can get his life back on track.

Good luck dele.

A brilliant interview, and I hope that it can serve as a reminder to everyone that the professional football players we see, cheer and boo are actual people, with genuine
feelings, mental strengths and problems, just like everyone else.

A strong story from Dele, but I wager it is not a unique one. Change a few details about the cause of trauma, change a family issue, and you can fit the story to any one.

I think it is a great shame that we to this day feel that mental health is such a stigma, that we’d rather tell our friends we’ve got a STD than that we have a tough time with ourselves mentally.

I for one think I’ve been borderline PTSD for a while, and I’ve never even discussed the reasons for this with my wife, and far less anyone else! And I think my wife had a post natal depression after the birth of our second child, without ever telling me. And I was so afraid of actually asking her about it that we never really talked about it at all! So stupid, but so hard!

I take my hat off for Dele, and I know I will always regard him as one of us!

That was an amazing interview. I am so glad that when Dele left us I only wished him well for the future and was not one of those who accused him of wasting his talent. He has obviously been dealing with a lot of personal stuff.

Just imagine being sexually abused at six years old, that is gonna leave scars.

My heart really goes out to him. Obviously this is a really delicate issue and I totally understand and respect his decision to keep a lot of this stuff to himself. But a part of me really wished he could have told our management what was going on at the time. If he had the right support maybe he could have addressed things sooner and he would still be with us.

I for one will be giving him a standing ovation when he next comes to the Lane.

Last edited:
We will have lots to say on the pod this week...it was always always always clear Dele required some special attention to make his way through. Poch knew. Poch had it.

The single BIGGEST thing for me in that interview is how Dele admitted that he boxed out close friends and family who tried to help. That's a sign of how deep his issues were/are/will always be. I suspect he is on a path to self-forgiveness first and foremost, which is a horrible burden abuse places on young shoulders. I hope he continues his journey in finding it.

Given everything, it is an absolute miracle he made it out...I love the bloke as a player and loved what I saw of the person. As he has always had, he gets my full support.

FULL CREDIT to Gary Neville for an EXCELLENT interview.

As a footnote, he was (for me) an incredible, distilled version of Spurs when super. His demise under Mourinho felt wholly unnecessary and particularly cruel. I hated that documentary from the moment it was thrust down Pochettino's
throat.

We've always got Dele Alli, and I really do think YOU (reading this) understand...

Currently if he plays another 6 games Everton have to pay Tottenham 10m and another 10m
for the next 20 games after that.

Not just Dele but really the catchment zone of footballers means most of them will always be carrying their own traumas.

It’s either working class guys growing up in very dysfunctional English families or guys from countries where they’ve experienced abject poverty.

These guys are then slung our in front of baying crowds who expect them to be perfect when they’re no more than boys themselves.

Obviously they sign the contract, they do want the glory and it’s all a dream, but you’re hounded and scrutinised every minute for it.

Players want the cash but I doubt any of them know truly what they’re getting themselves in for. Then there’s no going back.

We also can never know just how many players are carrying trauma every week. So don’t target anyone cos you can never know all the survival that guys done just to reach the point to play at our ground every week.

Just to make their mum/ father/ brother/ sister proud that they got to a point where they play for Spurs

Just watched it. fudge me.

Was fine until the moment he said he’d been molested. That was powerful. Neville’s face and Neville’s reaction were very touching. fudging destroyed me even though I knew it was coming.

I take my hat off to Dele. What he’s done was very brave. How he’s gotten to where he is is absolutely mind boggling. And I have to give credit, he is very, very articulate. For a lad who basically raised himself until he was 12 and played football after that, he comes across as very very bright and very articulate.

Think another thing that came across was not to judge little gestures. And we’re all guilty of it. He revealed something quite personal at the start and began laughing. And you’d almost look and go “what the fudge are you laughing at you little prick?” And he explained that was his defence mechanism. Maybe something for us to keep in mind when we’re slating a player for something minor thinking it confirms something else we think about the player (Jan’s body language anyone?).

Will take a while to digest that. Came out of it admiring him for his resilience and humility. Would love to see him come back here triumphantly but, failing that, I hope he makes a triumphant return somewhere.

A guy who was always going to have a place in the hearts of Spurs fans has today ensured that place is a little bit bigger.

Just watched it. fudge me.

Was fine until the moment he said he’d been molested. That was powerful. Neville’s face and Neville’s reaction were very touching. fudging destroyed me even though I knew it was coming.

I take my hat off to Dele. What he’s done was very brave. How he’s gotten to where he is is absolutely mind boggling. And I have to give credit, he is very, very articulate. For a lad who basically raised himself until he was 12 and played football after that, he comes across as very very bright and very articulate.

Think another thing that came across was not to judge little gestures. And we’re all guilty of it. He revealed something quite personal at the start and began laughing. And you’d almost look and go “what the fudge are you laughing at you little prick?” And he explained that was his defence mechanism. Maybe something for us to keep in mind when we’re slating a player for something minor thinking it confirms something else we think about the player (Jan’s body language anyone?).

Will take a while to digest that. Came out of it admiring him for his resilience and humility. Would love to see him come back here triumphantly but, failing that, I hope he makes a triumphant return somewhere.

A guy who was always going to have a place in the hearts of Spurs fans has today ensured that place is a little bit bigger.

And the part about the smiling and laughing all makes sense now when you look back at moments like the Jose rant where he smiles at him, that's his mask and defence and he touches on that being explained in therapy.

Always should be in every fans heart for what he achieved and as you say, even more so now

Never mind him not being a Spurs player anymore; I absolutely hope he has the best season of his life, proving the doubters wrong and killing his demons while doing it.

I will cheer him along all the way (as long as he doesn't join Arse, in which case I will cherish his individual sucess, but nothing more).

Back