• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

No brick "I just dont think you understand" Dele Alli Achy Breaky Heart chant for the rest of the season!

It made sense(still awful though) as a chant back in 2010 when it was a Man United Park chant.
Don’t sell my Park, My Ji-Sung Park, I just don’t think you understand, And if you sell my Park, My Ji-Sung Park, You’re gonna have a riot on your hands!”

It made sense when it was copied for McCourt (Celtic), Hart(City), Cabaye(Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

It made kind of a little sense when West Ham stole it for Payet
We’ve got Payet, Dimitri Payet! I just don’t think you understand. He’s Super Slavs man, he’s better than Zidane. We’ve got Dimtri Payet!”

Most people didnt rate Payet then.
Then Arsenal stole it for Ozil. Now the dont think you understand bit made no fudging sense. He is a 40m player.

And now we have it for Alli.
Everyone understands how good Alli is.
And the chant is awful 6 years old and 5th hand.

Lets hope he learns a lesson from this.
I am sure Poch will make sure that he does, and while I'd rather have him available for the next three games the upside is that he gets a rest before the Euros. And I do think it is way better to get his ban for that action rather than committing a much more violent offense. If he'd really lamped him or down a Roy Keane it could have had a much more detrimental impact on his development than I think it will.

Does anyone know whether the club did appeal or make any representation before yesterday's deadline? Unlikely to have made a difference if we did, but just wondered if we took the ban as a given or tried to offer mitigating circumstances.

Of course it will be a 'lesson learnt' but when is football going to protect footballers from thugs? This would not have happened if the inept referee had booked Yacob, as he should have, for a series of unpunished yellow card fouls early on? I remember Crouch getting two yellows at the Bernabeau within the first 15 for far less. How about Olsen? I am a big supporter of taking care of your own house/etc, but in this case, other houses must be looked at...frankly, the 'admiration' foisted upon Pulis-ball is nauseating, and the sooner he is dinosaured out of it, the better.

The lesson being that if you're going to get a 3 match ban, you may as well do some damage.

Frankly, what he will learn is that when grunts like Yacob bext neanderthal him, he should go down clutching himself in 'pain' as otherwise he will not be protected because 'that is part of the game'...I tell you, Leicester winning it is regressive for British football, framing us again as a country that can only really do hard aggression, long ball and run really really fast! Some will call me bitter (not inaccurately) but just let that observation on the winners sink in...it is true!

Does anyone know whether the club did appeal or make any representation before yesterday's deadline? Unlikely to have made a difference if we did, but just wondered if we took the ban as a given or tried to offer mitigating circumstances.

Media reported we accepted the charge but put forward the argument that a 3 match ban would be excessive. Committee ignored our view.

Nah he will play son or possibly Mason

Chaldi has dropped down the pecking order
Son has had a mare this season hope he improves next season. Based on his last season performances and his ability to get goals especially against Chelsea I would play Chadli next game.

Son has had a mare this season hope he improves next season. Based on his last season performances and his ability to get goals especially against Chelsea I would play Chadli next game.

if Chadli can play like he did last season vs Chelsea at White Hart Lane then boom

Unfortunately we haven't seen that player this season

If I was to put my cynical head on ( been there, done that) I would suggest he could get what he needs to do done ( if he wants) without getting any ban at all.
Subtlety was never a skill of mine as a footballer. Then again, neither was football.

I was pretty good at making wingers think twice before turning on the ball though. Probably would have fit in well in a Pulis team.

Subtlety was never a skill of mine as a footballer. Then again, neither was football.

I was pretty good at making wingers think twice before turning on the ball though. Probably would have fit in well in a Pulis team.

Jumpers for goalposts ;) In my days you could get away with murder ( the game is soft nowadays) and we did. The first time I was sent off was when I played in the States and I was in my 30's by then.

His tweet isn't good enough. This has been coming for a while. Although the league may be an obstacle too far we needed him to insure second place and he has jeopardised that.

If he played for anyone else I'd call him a silly prick so I suppose I still have to.

His tweet isn't good enough. This has been coming for a while. Although the league may be an obstacle too far we needed him to insure second place and he has jeopardised that.

If he played for anyone else I'd call him a silly prick so I suppose I still have to.

What else should he have written?

You'd have had a field day with me. I freely admit to being a tetchy priss-pot player, who if challenged beyond my boundaries makes very, very sure to let the offender know what I think of them. It's probably why I (somewhat blindly) feel for our Dele...you'd get me sent-off if we ever played a match against each other!!!!! BTW, I blindly believe I am some hybrid of Berbatov, Shearer and Hoddle, when in reality Alan Brazil as he sits at Talkbrick is quite possibly an aspiration too high in reality! :D

Back