• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

You'd have had a field day with me. I freely admit to being a tetchy priss-pot player, who if challenged beyond my boundaries makes very, very sure to let the offender know what I think of them. It's probably why I (somewhat blindly) feel for our Dele...you'd get me sent-off if we ever played a match against each other!!!!! BTW, I blindly believe I am some hybrid of Berbatov, Shearer and Hoddle, when in reality Alan Brazil as he sits at Talkbricke is quite possibly an aspiration too high in reality! :D
I always saw myself as a Maldini but in reality I was far more Van Den Hauwe.

I suspect in those days I'd have been described as "no nonsense"

While I agree completely with both the charge against Alli and the punishment dished out to him/us. Surely the club should've presented evidence from the Leicester v West Ham game as an example of how the PL treated similar and in fact far worse incidents.... Why wasn't Huth charged and punished for elbowing Winston Reid? Same story for his smash to Eminike's throat in the same game? Both were as blatant as Alli's indiscretion and both were far more dangerous.

While I agree completely with both the charge against Alli and the punishment dished out to him/us. Surely the club should've presented evidence from the Leicester v West Ham game as an example of how the PL treated similar and in fact far worse incidents.... Why wasn't Huth charged and punished for elbowing Winston Reid? Same story for his smash to Eminike's throat in the same game? Both were as blatant as Alli's indiscretion and both were far more dangerous.
This is such a key point, and one I think @thfcsteff raised as well. If violent conduct is subject to a 3 match ban (and we can debate how 'violent' Alli's action actually was, but it was retaliatory, and that is against the rules) then so be it. But is a charge only to be brought when an incident is replayed over and over on tv and discussed ad-nauseum in the media, social or otherwise? Or if a player does something that is not caught on the camera footage shown during a live broadcast, does that make it OK? At least in this instance Yacob said after the event that he didn't even notice the 'punch'. I am sure he did, but in one respect fair play to him for saying that, given the treatment he meted out to Alli during the game.
What is the criteria for deciding when to take further action?

With the Huth examples given above - I suspect that without the Vardy incident, and if a fuss was made, Huth might have been charged - however there is no way at all the FA (or PL?) would have had the bottle to ban both Huth and Vardy at this stage of the season.

With the Huth examples given above - I suspect that without the Vardy incident, and if a fuss was made, Huth might have been charged - however there is no way at all the FA (or PL?) would have had the bottle to ban both Huth and Vardy at this stage of the season.

I suspect that if a defender does it, its deemed part of the game, but if an attacker does it then its a no no. Look at the ones who have had retros this season. All is one and Wickham too just in our games

Costa has been charged multiple times after the games

Huth get away with murder as do other defenders but its honestly "accepted play" IMO

Alli's 3-match ban won't help us at all at this crucial part of the season. He let his team down badly. Always knew Alli's hot temper will put him into trouble and so it has been proved. Hope he will learn to control his temper next season.

Our club should be writing a letter seeking 'clarification' from the FA/PL. Them doing this would result in the Huth incidents being shown over and over in the media. Of course nothing would be done (and it hardly matters now anyway) but it would show the disparity in the rules here. Additionally the Huth incidents were actually shown during the game, as opposed to being picked up later from a foreign broadcast.

How Huth gets away with what he does is a mystery. If he behaved the same way every week down the pub he'd probably be in prison by now as a serial offender.

Our club should be writing a letter seeking 'clarification' from the FA/PL. Them doing this would result in the Huth incidents being shown over and over in the media. Of course nothing would be done (and it hardly matters now anyway) but it would show the disparity in the rules here. Additionally the Huth incidents were actually shown during the game, as opposed to being picked up later from a foreign broadcast.
Our club don't do jack*hit to protect our players. even back in the days where velcro kanoute got deliberately stamped on his foot (ball was on the other), to the charlie adam continued harrassment on bale...that's why I'm with Alli on this, except that he should've just got in and get a yellow during play - aggression outside of play usually ends up backfiring.

Last edited:
Exactly you don't provoke a player off the ball you just make it count on the pitch with solid fair tackles.

We haven't had a red card all season. When you think about it, that's pretty remarkable. I can think of a few examples where we probably should have done, and if Alli had been caught then he definitely would have been sent off, so we can't have too many complaints about the ban.

Plenty of time now for him to rest and take a long hard look at himself before the Euros. You know full well that teams are going to target him now and also when he inevitably goes through a run of more than two games without a goal he'll be called a one season wonder. Still - even if his season is over now you can't possibly deny that 'he's had a fantastic first year in the top flight and has exceeded everybody's expectations. If he's anywhere near as good again next season we've got one hell of a player on our hands.

There no way anyone can excuse what he did and he'll have to be more careful in future, we now have to sit back and see how he develops. Moaning about him missing games is pointless, we have to cope with everything that happens in a season, thats the game. I don't want us to become a bunch of "goons" but after years of watching countless nice guys being push around by teams and media I don't mind having a few nasty b******* in the team with a bit of attitude.

Roberts suggests two Tottenham men partially responsible for Alli ban

Speaking to Sky Sports, former Tottenham Hotspur defender Graham Roberts has suggested that Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele had a role to play in Dele Alli's violent conduct charge.

The 20-year-old midfielder receieved three-match ban after accepting a charge relating to an incident in which he appeared to punch West Brom's Claudio Yacob in the stomach during Monday's 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

The England international will miss Spurs' end-of-season run-in as a result of his actions, which makes their Premier League title bid even more unlikely given the fact they already sit seven points behind Leicester with only nine points left on offer.

And Roberts says that the likes of Vertonghen and Dembele, relatively experienced outfield figures in a young Tottenham side, should have put an arm around Alli, who has garnered a reputation as something of a hot head despite his "wonderful talent".

"We needed one of the experienced players like Jan Vertonghen or Moussa Dembele to get hold of him and just say 'look calm down'," Roberts told Sky Sports. "West Brom did their homework. They got Yacob on him and he was winding him up from the first kick of the game.

"He tackled him, he pulled him, he pushed him over, but being 20 years old you just get a little eaten up about it. I don't think there was anything in it anyway.

"He has just swung an arm and caught him. He's got to learn from that because there will be other teams in Europe, in the Champions League, when we get there, and in the league next year, who will all be trying to wind him up. He's got to learn, but he's a wonderful talent."

Alli, who was crowned PFA Young Player of the Year on Sunday, will miss Monday's trip to Chelsea, the visit of Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine away on the final day.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/2...-tottenham-men-partially-responsible-for-all/

---------------------------------------------

Have to agree. The experienced players should protect and encourage the youngsters like Alli more. But we badly lack a real leader in the team who can do that. When Alli missed the sitter against Stoke, no one went up to him to encourage him. It was like ages until Rose came and helped him up.

Our club don't do jack*hit to protect our players. even back in the days where velcro kanoute got deliberately stamped on his foot (ball was on the other), to the charlie adam continued harrassment on bale...that's why I'm with Alli on this, except that he should've just got in and get a yellow during play - aggression outside of play usually ends up backfiring.
Agree 100% and hope next time he does that

Alli's moment of stupidity against WBA not only cost us the league title run but have put players like Dembele in trouble as well.I am convinced that if we had Alli against Chelsea, we would have won and avoided all the controversies. He surely would have scored the chance that Mason wasted when the score was 2-1. Instead, without him, it put undue pressure on all the players and caused them react the way they did.

Alli's moment of stupidity against WBA not only cost us the league title run but have put players like Dembele in trouble as well.I am convinced that if we had Alli against Chelsea, we would have won and avoided all the controversies. He surely would have scored the chance that Mason wasted when the score was 2-1. Instead, without him, it put undue pressure on all the players and caused them react the way they did.

This is a serious comment?

Back