• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Bang on, its no surprise to me that Toby and Rose were on the market and yet ( as far as we know) no one came in for them.
What gets me is why are we playing them? Eriksen I can understand due to injuries. Toby - there is Sanchez. I would rather even risk a youth CD.

There's still a step up though. Players that you aren't mates with are going to go through you, that split second in training where someone will pull out so to not injure you or themselves will count. Then there's the difference of having the pressure of an audience, although I expect it's less of a thing for these guys, we still know that hostile away arenas can still mess with a players pysche.
Seems like our training is nicey nicey. I see them passing and jogging and doing rondos and laughing and shouting nuts and head tennis... should be more like Spurs in the 60s or United in the 90s where training was so fierce, kicking lumps out of each other to get into the team, it made the actual games easy by comparison.

Dele Alli has hired his own personal nutritionist to try as he tries
to stop the muscle injuries which have plagued his last 18 months.

Tottenham midfielder Dele, 23, is now on a strict diet to combat the
problem after sustaining damage to his left hamstring four times in
the last 18 months.

It meant Dele missed the start of this season and large chunks of last
year on the back of a gruelling World Cup campaign which also hit
other players as they suffered a hangover from Russia.

But Dele has tried to get to the root of the problem by looking at
other reasons as to why the hamstring injuries keep occurring.

Dele is now on a different diet with high protein content, drinking
more water, cutting out all sugar and watching everything he eats to
try and make a positive impact. He has also taken up yoga to help him
tackle muscle problems.

England boss Gareth Southgate left Dele out of his latest squad for
the Euro 2020 qualifiers with Czech Republic and Bulgaria because he
has just returned from injury.

But Dele was not expecting to be in the squad for the back-to-back
away trips and Southgate has called him to reassured him there are no
problems and wants him back as quickly as possible.

Dele is now fully focused on getting back to fitness while Mirror
Sport can also reveal that he has also scaled back all commercial
activities as he looks to get back to full fitness.

His only commercial appearance this season was requested by Tottenham
to promote Hugo Boss and the last adidas commercial was filmed during
his holiday to Los Angeles in the summer.

His campaign with Boohoo was before the World Cup and he has not been
pictured out on the town once this season, not even for dinner.

It has caused frustration to hear suggestions that off-the-field
distractions have been to blame for the last 18 months when his
injuries have been the real obstacle.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dele-alli-hires-nutritionist-cuts-20538908

Dele Alli has hired his own personal nutritionist to try as he tries
to stop the muscle injuries which have plagued his last 18 months.

Tottenham midfielder Dele, 23, is now on a strict diet to combat the
problem after sustaining damage to his left hamstring four times in
the last 18 months.

It meant Dele missed the start of this season and large chunks of last
year on the back of a gruelling World Cup campaign which also hit
other players as they suffered a hangover from Russia.

But Dele has tried to get to the root of the problem by looking at
other reasons as to why the hamstring injuries keep occurring.

Dele is now on a different diet with high protein content, drinking
more water, cutting out all sugar and watching everything he eats to
try and make a positive impact. He has also taken up yoga to help him
tackle muscle problems.

England boss Gareth Southgate left Dele out of his latest squad for
the Euro 2020 qualifiers with Czech Republic and Bulgaria because he
has just returned from injury.

But Dele was not expecting to be in the squad for the back-to-back
away trips and Southgate has called him to reassured him there are no
problems and wants him back as quickly as possible.

Dele is now fully focused on getting back to fitness while Mirror
Sport can also reveal that he has also scaled back all commercial
activities as he looks to get back to full fitness.

His only commercial appearance this season was requested by Tottenham
to promote Hugo Boss and the last adidas commercial was filmed during
his holiday to Los Angeles in the summer.

His campaign with Boohoo was before the World Cup and he has not been
pictured out on the town once this season, not even for dinner.

It has caused frustration to hear suggestions that off-the-field
distractions have been to blame for the last 18 months when his
injuries have been the real obstacle.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dele-alli-hires-nutritionist-cuts-20538908

Another good sign in my opinion, just need Harry to come out and say that he's finally passed that bowling ball he accidentally swallowed and is looking forward to smashing a hat trick in his next 6 games and everything is cushty.

Another good sign in my opinion, just need Harry to come out and say that he's finally passed that bowling ball he accidentally swallowed and is looking forward to smashing a hat trick in his next 6 games and everything is cushty.

Maybe Im just frazzled myself at the minute, but I find it interesting it comes out now.

You know, when the players are getting blamed for poor form, theres speculation around the manager, and this player in particular has been benched more often than not....

Maybe Im just frazzled myself at the minute, but I find it interesting it comes out now.

You know, when the players are getting blamed for poor form, theres speculation around the manager, and this player in particular has been benched more often than not....

With all the rumours of discord and disconnect none of the players or management seem to be hitching at each other.

They are accepting their role in this mess and trying to fix it.
Quite heartening in my view.

I find it baffling that these top level footballers don't hire any available expertise to make them better. Nutritionists, personal trainers, physiotherapists - anything that's not provided by the club and has the potential to make them better players, they should be all over it. They can certainly afford it.
They do
Kane has a chef
Ronaldo has one and a masseur
Lots have a celebrity hair dresser as that’s more important for them

They do
Kane has a chef
Ronaldo has one and a masseur
Lots have a celebrity hair dresser as that’s more important for them

Obviously Dele didn't have a nutritionist, though, but I won't be surprised if he has a hairdresser. If it was me, I'd have a bloody team of chefs and nutritionists, a mental coach, a masseur, a physiotherapist, a personal trainer, etc. etc.

And a hairdresser.

I find it baffling that these top level footballers don't hire any available expertise to make them better. Nutritionists, personal trainers, physiotherapists - anything that's not provided by the club and has the potential to make them better players, they should be all over it. They can certainly afford it.
Because most of it is just utter flimflam, doesn't help and most certainly isn't worth the money.

I can give them some perfectly good nutritional advice, free of charge; don't eat too much of one thing. Eat normal food in normal amounts. Everyone needs sugar, fat, carbs and protein. Not eating either one of them is not good for you. Don't overdo anything.A fair amount of everything is the best.

Obviously Dele didn't have a nutritionist, though, but I won't be surprised if he has a hairdresser. If it was me, I'd have a bloody team of chefs and nutritionists, a mental coach, a masseur, a physiotherapist, a personal trainer, etc. etc.

And a hairdresser.
Oh he has a hairdresser

They film each other

Dele is now on a different diet

He has also taken up yoga to help him tackle muscle problems

he has also scaled back all commercial activities

he has not been pictured out on the town once this season, not even for dinner.

Glad to hear it. I remember 20 years ago there was a lot of sniggering when players took up yoga to stretch muscles/ligaments. Even when Giggs did it and went on to have the longest and most winningest career ever.

Because most of it is just utter flimflam, doesn't help and most certainly isn't worth the money.

I can give them some perfectly good nutritional advice, free of charge; don't eat too much of one thing. Eat normal food in normal amounts. Everyone needs sugar, fat, carbs and protein. Not eating either one of them is not good for you. Don't overdo anything.A fair amount of everything is the best.

For people like me and you (I'm assuming you're not a top athlete, sorry :D) that's great advice. That's how I try to balance my diet, and that's what I think every ordinary Joe should do. We can manage that by ourselves more than well enough.

For top athletes, however, margins are so much smaller. They're already super fit - if they wanna improve and get better, in any way, it's very limited what they can achieve on their own, without professional help. That's where a professional nutritionist/chef will be beneficial, to help them perfectly balance their diets and increase their performance levels by those tiny percentages.

I agree that there are some weird theories and extreme dietary advice that's most likely just flimflam, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Back